It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the Alien / UFO debunkers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hi.

I have a question.

Why do people visit the Alien/UFO forum if they don’t believe in aliens?

It’s no big deal and of course you can visit any forum you want it isn’t my website. Even if it was my website you could visit any forum you want.

I just find it intriguing. Do you think you will change the way people think? Is it just for the entertainment? Or are you hoping someday somebody will post something that is “proof”?

I want to keep this short and sweet. I’m not trolling or anything that’s why I don’t even consider this a rant. It’s just a curiosity. I want to know how your mind works.

(they told me to ask.)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Just to debate their beliefs and reasonings I suppose.
I myself have been guilty of jumping into a political thread I don't believe in just to throw my opinion out there.
I guess it wouldn't be a debate without both sides! Everyone's entitled an opinion.
Hey, look at it this way, when we prove UFOs somehow, some day, we will be able to tell them 'told ya so!' lol

P.S. your avatar scares me..

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

1. As Katharos stated, your avatar is creepy

and 2. I honestly have no clue, it's kind of a douche move to those that do it, if for some odd reason you choose to think we are all alone in this universe, that is your problem, don't spread it to us trying to "teach" us with common sense what is and isn't. It is actually pretty annoying if anything. But oh well, their life.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TehSlenderMan

1. As Katharos stated, your avatar is creepy

and 2. I honestly have no clue, it's kind of a douche move to those that do it, if for some odd reason you choose to think we are all alone in this universe, that is your problem, don't spread it to us trying to "teach" us with common sense what is and isn't. It is actually pretty annoying if anything. But oh well, their life.

Duly noted, that you think it is a "douche move" to disagree with some one in a debate forum.

Back on subject: I want to believe we are not the only ones out here, I want to know that we are part of something greater. With that said, I also will call BS on....well BS. Call it debunking if you like I will call it deductive reasoning.
edit on 17-10-2012 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

I guess.

Like I said it's more of a curiosity thing than anything else. There are a couple members who just always try to debunk everything!

It doesn't really matter and it wouldn't be much fun if we all agreed on everything.

To be honest I was trying to bait one of them but it didn't work.
(I bet she knew because we were on the same thread right before I posted this.)

You're right though one of these days they'll believe.

P.S.- It's Halloween it's supposed to be scary and there are some real spooks on this site! I joke around a lot but I think some of these members forget their meds every once in awhile.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

Oh I know there is some BS posted here. Hell I'm guilty, not on purpose of course but once somebody points it out I'm usually like whoops I should have known better.

It's just that a few try to debunk everything in the forum. Sometimes it gets to be a bit much but it's all good.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

You just answered your own question...

Oh I know there is some BS posted here. Hell I'm guilty, not on purpose of course but once somebody points it out I'm usually like whoops I should have known better.

Having a forum where people with all sorts of experiences and knowledge can come together to share these things is why "debunkers" reply.

Is it better for a person who sees the ISS flyover and thinks it's an ET craft to be educated about it? Or is it better to let them continue on in ignorance?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Oh I bet one will still jump in no doubt!!

Well I love Halloween, even the scary avatars! Lol

True statement at how it wouldn't be fun if we all agreed on everything!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

No they wont jump in, unless of course someone has uncovered something of evidential validity.Not the serious ones anyway.But make a find of substance and they will be all over you like a bad rash. That is their mandate here, to disprove no matter what, at all costs. This in my opinion has probably lost ATS many great contributers in the past and will continue to do so. The fact that they appear so quickly on threads is enough to flag up that there is a vested interest here.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

That is their mandate here, to disprove no matter what, at all costs. This in my opinion has probably lost ATS many great contributers in the past and will continue to do so. The fact that they appear so quickly on threads is enough to flag up that there is a vested interest here.

It's true.

I usually just laugh it off or ignore it but I'm sure it bothers some to the point where they just don't even bother to post their opinions. It's just one of those things.

After awhile if you pay attention you learn the members who try to debunk every thread in the forum and just take it with a grain of salt. I have wondered how many new members just walk away because they think it's not worth arguing about it all the time.

When the aliens arrive and if they come to eat us I'm going to point out the members who don't believe and say,"Eat them first they didn't even believe you are real!"

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Ha Ha, Imagine a Phage and Oberg barbeque, with them as the main course. Beam me up Scotty.

new topics

top topics

join