It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quiet please....The ultra conservative, fundamentalist religious racist bigot is trying to speak!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Forget about homosexuals, we have to do something about those evil people who get tatoos!!! And the ones who cut their beards!!

WE ARE DOOMED!!! Fire will rain down upon us!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cantyousee

Originally posted by Koros
reply to post by thehoneycomb

On most of those, I can see where your stance inspired inaccurate representations of you as a person. However, I am curious, how can one oppose same-sex marriage and not be a homophobe or bigot?

I'm not trying to start a fight here. I honestly want to know how those are reconciled.

The word "homophobe" is a negative epathet to attack people of faith who believe homosexuality is a sin. It has in the past brought dire consequence and punishment upon cities and nation states who embrace it.
I guess I'm a homophobe. But "phobia" does not quite characterize it for me. I'm not afraid of homosexuals. I just don't believe that we should embrace it as a normal.
It should be kept in the closet and not put on display. It is one thing to be homosexual. We all have sins. It is quite another thing to parade it as normal and OK. People and nations who stop being ashamed of such things end up like Sodom and Gomorah. I don't really mind being called a "homophobe" as long as it classifies me as being in opposition to homosexuality as a normal lifestyle.

Homosexuality is no less normal than being left-handed. Is being left-handed not normal? Well, since the majority of people are right-handed, I guess left-handers are not "normal". So what does this mean? Do left-handers not deserve happiness? Do they deserve to be made to feel guilty for being left-handed? Should they try to hide their left-handedness? Pretend to be right-handed in order to make the right-handers feel more comfortable?

There was a time when it was believed that being left-handed was of the devil. Left-handers were punished and forced to use their right hand. Thankfully, we have evolved beyond those silly superstitions when it comes to left-handedness. Now, we just need to move past the silliness when it comes to narrow-minded attitudes towards homosexuality. It will happen. The younger generation is already starting to move past it. Our children's grandchildren will only know about it through history books.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

"There was a time when it was believed that being left-handed was of the devil. Left-handers were punished and forced to use their right hand. Thankfully, we have evolved beyond those silly superstitions when it comes to left-handedness. Now, we just need to move past the silliness when it comes to narrow-minded attitudes towards homosexuality. It will happen. The younger generation is already starting to move past it. Our children's grandchildren will only know about it through history books."
I don't know how you equate being left handed with homosexuality. Being left handed is not listed as a sin in God's Holy book. Homosexuality is. Seems your beef is with God. I'm not a homosexual but I've committed other sins that would condemn me as well. But Christ saved me cause I believe in him. He saves homosexuals too.
There are, it seems, many who wish not to humble themselves before God and accept his salvation.
I wish I could reach them with words.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

"There was a time when it was believed that being left-handed was of the devil. Left-handers were punished and forced to use their right hand. Thankfully, we have evolved beyond those silly superstitions when it comes to left-handedness. Now, we just need to move past the silliness when it comes to narrow-minded attitudes towards homosexuality. It will happen. The younger generation is already starting to move past it. Our children's grandchildren will only know about it through history books."
I don't know how you equate being left handed with homosexuality. Being left handed is not listed as a sin in God's Holy book. Homosexuality is. Seems your beef is with God. I'm not a homosexual but I've committed other sins that would condemn me as well. But Christ saved me cause I believe in him. He saves homosexuals too.
There are, it seems, many who wish not to humble themselves before God and accept his salvation.

Ok, let's talk about some of the things that are listed as sins in God's Holy book, like tattoos, eating pork and shellfish, wearing multiple fabrics on the body, etc. Silliness, right? Let's talk about how God's Holy Book considers stoning people and enslaving people okey-dokey, but two people who love each other and want to share their life with each other and maybe raise a family together is a sin, just because they are of the same gender?? Do you see how this makes no sense?

I see one of 3 possibilities: either the Bible was not translated correctly; or God actually had nothing to do with the Bible and it was just written by people with their own cultural requirements and taboos; or God is a real jerk. I'm kind of leaning towards the second possibility. If I am going to believe in anything from the Bible, I will believe in the teachings of Christ. Christ's two main teachings were - love your god with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself. Nothing about homosexuality being a sin. There are many gay Christians out there who follow those teachings of Christ. Are they any less normal than you? Are they not as good as you? Are they not as valuable a human as you? Are you more perfect than them? And who are you to judge?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Ok, let's talk about some of the things that are listed as sins in God's Holy book, like tattoos, eating pork and shellfish, wearing multiple fabrics on the body, etc. Silliness, right? Let's talk about how God's Holy Book considers stoning people and enslaving people okey-dokey, but two people who love each other and want to share their life with each other and maybe raise a family together is a sin, just because they are of the same gender?? Do you see how this makes no sense?

I see one of 3 possibilities: either the Bible was not translated correctly; or God actually had nothing to do with the Bible and it was just written by people with their own cultural requirements and taboos; or God is a real jerk. I'm kind of leaning towards the second possibility. If I am going to believe in anything from the Bible, I will believe in the teachings of Christ. Christ's two main teachings were - love your god with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself. Nothing about homosexuality being a sin. There are many gay Christians out there who follow those teachings of Christ. Are they any less normal than you? Are they not as good as you? Are they not as valuable a human as you? Are you more perfect than them? And who are you to judge?

I'm at kind of a mix between the first two.

I believe it was written by people, not by God, perhaps inspired at times, not at others. I know it was compiled by people from sets of ancient writings. Some were left out, others were included, but the accuracy or authenticity of them were totally dependent on the group that was putting them together. God didn't send down a book already written and bound and say "here ya go, now make some copies".

Also, the original text (put together by that group of people) wasn't written in English. It was a combination of Greek, Hebrew and other languages. It was translated and meaning is often lost in translation. Not only was it translated 2000 years ago, it's been translated more since then. Every translator that gets hold of it changes the meaning whether they meant to or not.

A great deal of study is available for the bible, and if people are willing to put in the effort, they do find that the concepts of homosexuality 2000 years ago and before are very different from our concepts of homosexuality today. Today's version would most likely have been accepted with no issue way back then. In fact, homosexuality as we know it didn't even have a term for it back then.

The passages that are incorrectly interpreted so often (and later mistranslated to an extreme extent for the fundamentalist branches) speak of acts performed with those you have beaten in war or with prostitution type situations, not with homosexuality.

If you get right down to it, King David can be shown to have had a homosexual relationship with Jonathan. They were male lovers with a love "surpassing that of women". Ruth and Naomi had a relationship that very well could have been a lesbian relationship. Those aren't even the only ones in the bible, there are several and the fundamentalist groups glaze right over those. They claim those parts were incorrectly interpreted but the parts they want to support are absolute. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

It won't be long before this debate is settled (thank God) and those with hatred in their hearts move on to a new group to demonize and mistreat. I just wonder who the next group is going to be. My money is on "Gingers", but willing to entertain other ideas.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Very well said, PurpleChiten! I know that fundamentalists use (or MISuse) the Bible to justify their fear and hatred of others. And I know that there are true Christians out there (like yourself) who just follow the teachings of Christ -- they treat all people equally, and with respect -- as they themselves would like to be treated. And true Christians make no judgements on others' lifestyles, as long as no one is being hurt.

As far as who the next hated group will be -- you may be right on the gingers. I can see it now.... red-headed fundamentalists dyeing their hair, so they can hide their "sin".

edit on 20-10-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Let's back up a little here,ok? First of all, I made it clear that I'm not judging. I've never condemned anyone for anything here. You are making your points based on what you believe to be right and fair. You are even going so far as to cast doubt on the veracity of God's word because it makes no sense to you.
You are the created. God is the creator. If there is an almighty God then this world and everything in it is his. You can't give your life or soul to God. He already owns it lock, stock and barrel. The best that any of us can do is learn to understand him and his purposes. I can guarantee you that if you was of a mind to search out and understand your creator and his purposes, he would enter into that mindset and give you underatnding. If you was of the mind to. Honestly. It can't be done without desire. The teachings of Christ is the place to start. He is the substance of all those types and shadows and rituals in the Old testiment. Too bad that men and kings and armies have done evil in the name of Christ through out the centuries. They will have their place in hell. You and I will not be judged on what they have done. We will be judged on what we have done. For those who understand and accept the atonement of Christ, God's love and mercy gives them a free pass. God understands our weaknesses in the flesh. He died in our place so that he could give us a celestial body without the drag of flesh so that we can live in his sight through eternity. All he asks is that we acknowledge Jesus of Nazereth, his only begotten son and have faith in his atonement. Homosexuals included.lol all sinners. enough of this. we are off topic i thinklol

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone
Rant forum would be the place for this
2nd

You are so totally correct.
Just thought you should know.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join