My alien can beat your alien! Foolishness in beliefs.

page: 4
2
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by TheFlash

Originally posted by The Shrike

I don't believe in anything 'cause I don't have a belief system and never did. So religious myths are personas non grata with me. I understand what makes a believer thanks to being taught hypnosis by a legend and associating with other legends, top hypnotists.



So you don't believe in anything, eh? When you go to sleep at night you don't believe that you will wake up the next morning? So you never make any plans for the future because you don't believe that you will be alive then? Do you believe that the man you were told was your father is actually your biological father? You don't believe that the human race is a result of Natural Selection and evolution either?


I love the unusual way people think in response to my comments.

When I go to sleep I think of what I have to do the next day. I don't "believe" I'll wake up, I don't waste mental energy on that kind of thinking.

I make plans for the future but the making of those plans do not depend on whether I believe or not. Beliefs are mental activities only and they have no power.

I accept that the person I knew as my father was my biological father, I don't "believe" he was or wasn't.

We have no idea how humans came to be but it was natural. Beliefs don't get in the way of facts.


You seem to be unclear on what "belief" is. If you make plans for the future then you must believe that you will be around to fulfill them. If you did not believe you would be alive in the future then you would not make such plans. You are simply refusing to acknowledge that you do in fact have such beliefs. Similarly you try to resort to semantics to claim you "accept" that your father conceived you biologically but don't believe it. What you describe is belief though your ego prevents you from admit the validity of my statements.

You are a perfect example of a person who if focused on being right and not determining what is right. This is a very common, egoistic, self-centered behavior. I predict that my pointing these things out will cause you to reject the things I say all the more strongly due to your emotional reaction to what I say rather than on the merit of my words.




posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
While I too roll my eyes at stories of being abducted, channeling and the like, ruling out the existence of alien life is going too far in the other direction. Look at the Hubble Deep Field. All those points of light are not just stars, they are entire galaxies, with billions of stars and planets. Assuming there is no life out there somewhere is taking skepticism a bit too far. My views on visitation are a little more open. We send scientists to study primitive tribes, whose to say "They" aren't doing the same? I was told, by one of the very few people I trust, about being chased by one while in a car. There were 4 others present when it happened, all of them scared witless. Another person had an incident, on the same night, about 1 hour later. He was "parking" with his girlfriend, when a very bright light came from above, hovered over the car for about 2 minutes then flew away. Straight up, very fast. He said he had got out of the car to see what was going on and didn't hear anything, just saw that intensely bright light. This was in 1981, during the winter and he came to school the next day with what looked like a mild sunburn. His girlfriend didn't come that day, she was too terrified to leave home. His story I take with a grain of salt. Maybe he was using a tanning bed and stayed too long. Although, we were in a small, hick town and tanning beds weren't around there at the time. But, the other person, my sister, had no reason to lie and still swears to the truth of it to this day.



posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by TheFlash

Originally posted by The Shrike

I don't believe in anything 'cause I don't have a belief system and never did. So religious myths are personas non grata with me. I understand what makes a believer thanks to being taught hypnosis by a legend and associating with other legends, top hypnotists.



So you don't believe in anything, eh? When you go to sleep at night you don't believe that you will wake up the next morning? So you never make any plans for the future because you don't believe that you will be alive then? Do you believe that the man you were told was your father is actually your biological father? You don't believe that the human race is a result of Natural Selection and evolution either?


I love the unusual way people think in response to my comments.

When I go to sleep I think of what I have to do the next day. I don't "believe" I'll wake up, I don't waste mental energy on that kind of thinking.

I make plans for the future but the making of those plans do not depend on whether I believe or not. Beliefs are mental activities only and they have no power.

I accept that the person I knew as my father was my biological father, I don't "believe" he was or wasn't.

We have no idea how humans came to be but it was natural. Beliefs don't get in the way of facts.


You seem to be unclear on what "belief" is. If you make plans for the future then you must believe that you will be around to fulfill them. If you did not believe you would be alive in the future then you would not make such plans. You are simply refusing to acknowledge that you do in fact have such beliefs. Similarly you try to resort to semantics to claim you "accept" that your father conceived you biologically but don't believe it. What you describe is belief though your ego prevents you from admit the validity of my statements.

You are a perfect example of a person who if focused on being right and not determining what is right. This is a very common, egoistic, self-centered behavior. I predict that my pointing these things out will cause you to reject the things I say all the more strongly due to your emotional reaction to what I say rather than on the merit of my words.


The whole back and forth over the little word "believe" is somewhat useless since both of you are fighting over the wrong "beliefs".
The proper word is Faith - Faith is believing without proof.
Religions require Faith as they can offer no proof.
The belief that UFOs are extraterrestrial and piloted by Aliens also requires Faith, since there is no proof either.

Just my $0.02

edit on 19-10-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I subscribe to "Pokemon Theory":

Crystal Class - Extremely rare and bordering on legendary - Usually called "extraterrestrials".
Etheric Class - All over the place - Very adaptable.
Astral Class - Highly elusive - Can be used for good or evil.
Light Class - Abundant - Highly flexible and creative beings.
Sound Class - Requires level 24 trainer level and the "Stone Of Silence" - Useful guides for intermediate trainers.
Dark Spawn - Requires the "Key To Betrayal" - Valuable only to skillful trainers.
Gods - Require the associated scrolls - Only valuable to the most skillful trainers and dangerous to the inexperienced*.
Eternals - Requires the "Master Ball" - Their powers rival that of a trainer, and they are only captured to be imprisoned**.
Immortals - Cannot be captured - Highly troubled and touchy beings***.

* - Defeating a God is one of the pathways to the "Key of Betrayal".
** - Freeing an Eternal grants a trainer with the "Ring Of Truth" and the chance to become a pokemon.
*** - Defeating an immortal grants a trainer with the "Code Of Silence", requirement to imbue a "Stone Of Silence".

---"DIMENSIONAL SYSTEM"---

"3rd Divs" - The nasty name that they have for us.
"4th Divs" - They travel between times, but you can catch them with a "Paradox Mushroom".
"5th Divs" - Familiars to the matrix, difficult to catch and only have one known weakness.
"6th Divs" - A fancy name for incursions into the dimensional system.
"7th Divs" - Almost permanant residents.
"8th Divs" - No such thing.

There are various paths to access the D.S.:

The "Visitors Pass" - Only for exploration.
A "Twin Blade" and (preferably) A "Shield of Incredulity".
Obtaining a "Lackey-Back" or "Chump-Smuggler".
Any Eternal above level 42.
Any Immortal.
Completing the "Illegal Entry" sidequest.
Solving the "Ultimate Paradox" sidequest.

Animals - Many a trainer has attempted to capture an animal in a pokeball, generally with disasterous and universe-shattering consequences.

Rules:

1) - You can never own a pokemon unless you are a pokemon.
2) - Pokemon cannot give the trainer powers - only amusement and companionship.
3) - Avoid capturing pokemon above your trainer level.
4) - If you truly love your pokemon, you should set it free.

Guidelines:

- Learn to differentiate a trainer and a poseur - poseurs do not have to power to capture pokemon, and are generally other pokemons or "4th Divs" trying to appear as trainers.
- Respect the animals - many a trainer has fallen for thier allure.
- Read the rules and read the conditions - failure to do so will result in facing a God of belief - only the most skillful trainers can out-manuver these beings, if all else fails purchace an "Elixir of Science" or a "Herb of Indifference."
- When facing a trainer, always congratulate your victor.
- Only purchace Pokeballs from authorised dealers and re-sellers.
edit on 19-10-2012 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
I subscribe to "Pokemon Theory" - and that there are all kinds of aliens and supernatural beings with their own various natures - i.e.:

Mineral Class - Visible and tangible - Extremely rare and bordering on legendary.
Etheric Class - Generally refered to as Earthen spirits, they are a source of emotional energies.
Astral Class - Highly elusive and can be used for good or evil.
Light Class - Highly flexible and creative beings, generally benevolant but also highly cunning.
Sound Class - Generally at levels of higher thoughts, they are valuable guides.
Dark Spawn - Considered evil, they are highly misunderstood and are the source of pure love.
Gods - These are beings of belief, collective belief - steer clear of these and they steer clear of you.
Eternals - Don't mess with these, really, they can swallow souls like pasta.
Immortals - Highly troubled beings, take to them with a tender heart.

US - Well, they are our Pokemons, and we have to catch them all, and let the battle commence!



And of course everything you say here requires Faith to be believed - since there is not a shred of evidence, let alone proof, that any of your "beings" exist anywhere.
But it might make a somewhat decent video game.



posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

You seem to be unclear on what "belief" is. If you make plans for the future then you must believe that you will be around to fulfill them. If you did not believe you would be alive in the future then you would not make such plans. You are simply refusing to acknowledge that you do in fact have such beliefs. Similarly you try to resort to semantics to claim you "accept" that your father conceived you biologically but don't believe it. What you describe is belief though your ego prevents you from admit the validity of my statements.

You are a perfect example of a person who if focused on being right and not determining what is right. This is a very common, egoistic, self-centered behavior. I predict that my pointing these things out will cause you to reject the things I say all the more strongly due to your emotional react ion to what I say rather than on the merit of my words.
Do you really believe that?



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by TheFlash

Originally posted by The Shrike

I don't believe in anything 'cause I don't have a belief system and never did. So religious myths are personas non grata with me. I understand what makes a believer thanks to being taught hypnosis by a legend and associating with other legends, top hypnotists.



So you don't believe in anything, eh? When you go to sleep at night you don't believe that you will wake up the next morning? So you never make any plans for the future because you don't believe that you will be alive then? Do you believe that the man you were told was your father is actually your biological father? You don't believe that the human race is a result of Natural Selection and evolution either?


I love the unusual way people think in response to my comments.

When I go to sleep I think of what I have to do the next day. I don't "believe" I'll wake up, I don't waste mental energy on that kind of thinking.

I make plans for the future but the making of those plans do not depend on whether I believe or not. Beliefs are mental activities only and they have no power.

I accept that the person I knew as my father was my biological father, I don't "believe" he was or wasn't.

We have no idea how humans came to be but it was natural. Beliefs don't get in the way of facts.


You seem to be unclear on what "belief" is. If you make plans for the future then you must believe that you will be around to fulfill them. If you did not believe you would be alive in the future then you would not make such plans. You are simply refusing to acknowledge that you do in fact have such beliefs. Similarly you try to resort to semantics to claim you "accept" that your father conceived you biologically but don't believe it. What you describe is belief though your ego prevents you from admit the validity of my statements.

You are a perfect example of a person who if focused on being right and not determining what is right. This is a very common, egoistic, self-centered behavior. I predict that my pointing these things out will cause you to reject the things I say all the more strongly due to your emotional reaction to what I say rather than on the merit of my words.


I do not mean to confuse anyone but I can see how difficult it is for believers to not be able to understand that a belief system is created by the mind. Some individuals, such as myself, understand belief systems so it is very easy to divorce myself from creating beliefs. So to counter your opening comment I am VERY clear as to what a belief is but I don't think that you understand.

When I make plans for the future beliefs don't figure in my planning. If I'm able to fulfill my future, then it's all and good. I cannot possibly believe that I will fulfill my future. From the moment I plan my future all kinds of forces are being put into place by everyone on earth and I don't know how others' decisions will allow my plans to fulfill. It isn't YOUR future. Your future depends on factors that are unknown.

Your prediction came partially true and I did reject the things you said simply because they are nonsense.
edit on 20-10-2012 by The Shrike because: To correct my grammar, somewhat!



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
While I too roll my eyes at stories of being abducted, channeling and the like, ruling out the existence of alien life is going too far in the other direction. Look at the Hubble Deep Field. All those points of light are not just stars, they are entire galaxies, with billions of stars and planets. Assuming there is no life out there somewhere is taking skepticism a bit too far. My views on visitation are a little more open. We send scientists to study primitive tribes, whose to say "They" aren't doing the same? I was told, by one of the very few people I trust, about being chased by one while in a car. There were 4 others present when it happened, all of them scared witless. Another person had an incident, on the same night, about 1 hour later. He was "parking" with his girlfriend, when a very bright light came from above, hovered over the car for about 2 minutes then flew away. Straight up, very fast. He said he had got out of the car to see what was going on and didn't hear anything, just saw that intensely bright light. This was in 1981, during the winter and he came to school the next day with what looked like a mild sunburn. His girlfriend didn't come that day, she was too terrified to leave home. His story I take with a grain of salt. Maybe he was using a tanning bed and stayed too long. Although, we were in a small, hick town and tanning beds weren't around there at the time. But, the other person, my sister, had no reason to lie and still swears to the truth of it to this day.


You are mixing wonderment with wishful thinking. When you look at images captured by Hubble and telescopes in general you are not seeing any evidence of life as we know it on earth. We are unique in "creation". We are it, there is no one else out there. You can believe all you want but your belief doesn't create life anywhere.

Experiencing UFOs is one thing but experiencing aliens and assuming that they are connected with UFOs is another. We have evidence for one but not for the other and any evidence that is quoted for the reality of aliens has not passed scrutiny.



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

o·pin·ion
Noun: 1.A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.



You're implying that those famous scientists that I linked to, where they they state their opinion and the reasons for having that opinion just made those statements apropos of nothing?

Did you even watch any of the videos I linked to? They make the case for life elsewhere based on facts and knowledge about physical laws, evolution and the known size of the universe.

Science works by making an observation, in this case that Life exists on Earth; then making a hypothesis, that life arose due to understandable chemical processes and not some miraculous event; then making a testable prediction, that life will exist elsewhere in the universe. Science is currently in the testing phase.

In this case their 'opinions' are most definitely based on facts and knowledge. It's disingenuous of you to state otherwise.



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711
snip
The whole back and forth over the little word "believe" is somewhat useless since both of you are fighting over the wrong "beliefs".
The proper word is Faith - Faith is believing without proof.
Religions require Faith as they can offer no proof.
The belief that UFOs are extraterrestrial and piloted by Aliens also requires Faith, since there is no proof either.

Just my $0.02

edit on 19-10-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)


Nope!

faith
Noun: 1.Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
2.Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

be·lief
Noun: 1.An acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
2.Something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion or conviction.

The believers are mentally conditioned to believe.

Faith is the result of beliefs.



posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by DAVID64
While I too roll my eyes at stories of being abducted, channeling and the like, ruling out the existence of alien life is going too far in the other direction. Look at the Hubble Deep Field. All those points of light are not just stars, they are entire galaxies, with billions of stars and planets. Assuming there is no life out there somewhere is taking skepticism a bit too far. My views on visitation are a little more open. We send scientists to study primitive tribes, whose to say "They" aren't doing the same? I was told, by one of the very few people I trust, about being chased by one while in a car. There were 4 others present when it happened, all of them scared witless. Another person had an incident, on the same night, about 1 hour later. He was "parking" with his girlfriend, when a very bright light came from above, hovered over the car for about 2 minutes then flew away. Straight up, very fast. He said he had got out of the car to see what was going on and didn't hear anything, just saw that intensely bright light. This was in 1981, during the winter and he came to school the next day with what looked like a mild sunburn. His girlfriend didn't come that day, she was too terrified to leave home. His story I take with a grain of salt. Maybe he was using a tanning bed and stayed too long. Although, we were in a small, hick town and tanning beds weren't around there at the time. But, the other person, my sister, had no reason to lie and still swears to the truth of it to this day.


You are mixing wonderment with wishful thinking. When you look at images captured by Hubble and telescopes in general you are not seeing any evidence of life as we know it on earth. We are unique in "creation". We are it, there is no one else out there. You can believe all you want but your belief doesn't create life anywhere.

Experiencing UFOs is one thing but experiencing aliens and assuming that they are connected with UFOs is another. We have evidence for one but not for the other and any evidence that is quoted for the reality of aliens has not passed scrutiny.


No Astrophycisist worth his salt would agree with you. Besides, you state that "there is no one else out there", which of course is something you can only "believe" as you have no way of knowing wether or not your statement is correct. So you do indeed believe something.

Statistics and Probability are in favor of life elsewhere - The Milky Way has approx 300 Billion stars, our next door neighbour, Andromeda has approx 1 Trillion stars and there are billions of galaxies in the known Universe - plus those in the part of the Universe we can't see. At the rate we are now detecting Planets in other star systems, it seems that Stars with a planetary system are the rule rather than the exception.

Science tells me that there is life elsewhere in the Universe and I'm in good company (Hawking, Thorne and a whole list of Nobel laureates).


edit on 20-10-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by DAVID64
While I too roll my eyes at stories of being abducted, channeling and the like, ruling out the existence of alien life is going too far in the other direction. Look at the Hubble Deep Field. All those points of light are not just stars, they are entire galaxies, with billions of stars and planets. Assuming there is no life out there somewhere is taking skepticism a bit too far. My views on visitation are a little more open. We send scientists to study primitive tribes, whose to say "They" aren't doing the same? I was told, by one of the very few people I trust, about being chased by one while in a car. There were 4 others present when it happened, all of them scared witless. Another person had an incident, on the same night, about 1 hour later. He was "parking" with his girlfriend, when a very bright light came from above, hovered over the car for about 2 minutes then flew away. Straight up, very fast. He said he had got out of the car to see what was going on and didn't hear anything, just saw that intensely bright light. This was in 1981, during the winter and he came to school the next day with what looked like a mild sunburn. His girlfriend didn't come that day, she was too terrified to leave home. His story I take with a grain of salt. Maybe he was using a tanning bed and stayed too long. Although, we were in a small, hick town and tanning beds weren't around there at the time. But, the other person, my sister, had no reason to lie and still swears to the truth of it to this day.


You are mixing wonderment with wishful thinking. When you look at images captured by Hubble and telescopes in general you are not seeing any evidence of life as we know it on earth. We are unique in "creation". We are it, there is no one else out there. You can believe all you want but your belief doesn't create life anywhere.

Experiencing UFOs is one thing but experiencing aliens and assuming that they are connected with UFOs is another. We have evidence for one but not for the other and any evidence that is quoted for the reality of aliens has not passed scrutiny.


No Astrophycisist worth his salt would agree with you. Besides, you state that "there is no one else out there", which of course is something you can only "believe" as you have no way of knowing wether or not your statement is correct. So you do indeed believe something.

Statistics and Probability are in favor of life elsewhere - The Milky Way has approx 300 Billion stars, our next door neighbour, Andromeda has approx 1 Trillion stars and there are billions of galaxies in the known Universe - plus those in the part of the Universe we can't see. At the rate we are now detecting Planets in other star systems, it seems that Stars with a planetary system are the rule rather than the exception.

Science tells me that there is life elsewhere in the Universe and I'm in good company (Hawking, Thorne and a whole list of Nobel laureates).


edit on 20-10-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)


Your reply, while welcomed, is pablum (Bland or insipid intellectual fare). You don't really say anything of substance and just speculate like everyone else. Can you say with certainty that there are other beings on other planets? Of course you can't because you would not be able to prove and higher minds than you can't prove it also. I know we are the only beings.

Statistics and probabilities add up to zero, just as Drake's Equation does. You can't create anything using numbers. Hawking doesn't know anything, all he can do is repeat what he's learned which once again when it comes to talking about other than humans still amount to nothing. You are easily impressed, I'm not.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I know why people who are slightly interested in UFOs come on here and converse over skepticism.

It is because what happened to the abductees was too personal and they didn't want to share the evidence with anybody, it is as simple as that. The ones who it didn't happen to went on TV and ones who it did didn't even tell their parents in many cases.

Certain researchers will tell the truth that the abductions have slowed down, the only abductees calling people like Jacobs for help now are people that had experiences years ago, I don't believe aliens are stilll abducting people.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
I know why people who are slightly interested in UFOs come on here and converse over skepticism.

It is because what happened to the abductees was too personal and they didn't want to share the evidence with anybody, it is as simple as that. The ones who it didn't happen to went on TV and ones who it did didn't even tell their parents in many cases.

Certain researchers will tell the truth that the abductions have slowed down, the only abductees calling people like Jacobs for help now are people that had experiences years ago, I don't believe aliens are stilll abducting people.
hopefully nobody is calling jacobs.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Your reply, while welcomed, is pablum (Bland or insipid intellectual fare). You don't really say anything of substance and just speculate like everyone else. Can you say with certainty that there are other beings on other planets? Of course you can't because you would not be able to prove and higher minds than you can't prove it also. I know we are the only beings.

Statistics and probabilities add up to zero, just as Drake's Equation does. You can't create anything using numbers. Hawking doesn't know anything, all he can do is repeat what he's learned which once again when it comes to talking about other than humans still amount to nothing. You are easily impressed, I'm not.


I wonder why you even started this thread. To demonstrate your condescending attitude? Mental masturbation? That you can quote from a Merriam-Webster dictionary?

You know just as much or little as everyone else here. The preponderance of the evidence points to life elsewhere in the Universe. One can believe that or not, but can't know - including you.

You say I'm easily impressed, hmmm..not by your argumentation, you'd have to do a little better.
edit on 21-10-2012 by nv4711 because: Typo



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
I know we are the only beings.
This is merely faith disguised as "knowledge".
I'd almost say you are trolling.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
I know we are the only beings.

Statistics and probabilities add up to zero, just as Drake's Equation does. You can't create anything using numbers. Hawking doesn't know anything, all he can do is repeat what he's learned which once again when it comes to talking about other than humans still amount to nothing. You are easily impressed, I'm not.


So now Stephen Hawking doesn't know anything? A man with a genius level IQ, a Fields prize in Physics, someone who has forgotten more mathematics than everyone on this forum knows together -- his knowledge of astronomy, mathematics and probability in this case is somehow inferior to your own unwavering though utterly unsubstantiated certainty on a subject?

It is fair to say there is a split in the scientific community on the question of SETI. That's about all that can be said about it rationally. It is not rational however to claim that all scientists who are in the camp you are opposed to must be wrong, and it is even less rational to make that claim without even offering a fragment of a reason why you believe this. Because without evidence, that's all your assertion is: a belief. And this from someone who claims he doesn't even have any belief structures!

Stephen Hawking is one of the greatest scientific minds of the last 100 years. He is an actual scientist, unlike you, a person posting in a UFO forum, whom as far as I know has no scientific credentials, no advanced degrees in physics, mathematics, or astronomy, thus no basis for claiming that you knows the universe is empty of life. What evidence do you have for such an assertion? Has your Shrike Space Telescope thoroughly scanned the skies? Have you devised a brilliant mathematical proof to demonstrate your claim? Maybe you have made some mighty breakthrough in molecular biology that proves life originated on earth and only earth?

Have you then? No?

So when scientists, actual scientists, look out on a universe with an estimated 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 -- that's 100 sextillion -- stars in a universe that is billions of years old, and they come to the conclusion that yes, there likely is other life and intelligence out there, who am I going to listen to? The scientists? Or the self-proclaimed superior brain who asserts with absolute dead certainty and no room for error and yet not a single iota of evidence to support his claim that the only life in the universe is here? Talk about anthrocentric bias and rigidly defined belief systems!

What other startling facts do you "know" for a certainty? Is artificial intelligence impossible? Will life extension technology make us immortal? Will we ever achieve nuclear fusion? I would be interested in hearing your uninformed speculation opinions on these and other important topics, because your beliefs are automatically 100% right because you know them to be so. Thank you for your magnanimous insights!
edit on 10/21/2012 by Nicorette because: (no reason given)
edit on 10/21/2012 by Nicorette because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette
 


Yeah, You tell him :-)

Terrific and eloquent asswhooping, not to mention so well deserved :-)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike
 


The thing is, even skeptics and debunkers have turned into
some sort of religon cult. Look how many people go to these
skeptic society conferences, just to laugh at paranormal claims.
You have to ask yourself why.

Your way of looking at things is completly wrong. You have stated
that you have seen a few ufos, and that some ufos are unexplained.
So why is there not a serious study? Thats right, because certain skeptics
and debunkers will not touch it. Does not sound like the type of people
to advance us as a race, and not believers.

You will find that many great scienists and inventeters thought outside the
box. Yes, they were ridiculed and laughed at by the very same people you
seem to speak so highly about.


We need more people to think outside the box, if we are ever going to progress.
That worked in the past, didnt it.

As for life in the universe. You will find there is only a small minority
that believe we are alone. Chances of lifeis very high, because of what we
know already.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   


Originally posted by The Shrike 
I know we are the only beings. 


Im sorry, but thats belief, and as bad as saying " i know aliens
are coming here" You dont know we are the only beings. Yes
i can forgive you for saying you want evidence that life is out
there, but with the statement above, you have just showed that
you have bwlief, just as everyone else does.





new topics
top topics
 
2
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join