My alien can beat your alien! Foolishness in beliefs.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC

Big difference between micro-evolution, or 'natural selection' which is the proven process that species gradually change over time at the cellular level to better adapt to their changing environment so that they don't get sick and die out, and macro-evolution, or Darwinism the belief that we magically changed from primate to human. I'm guessing the latter is his religious belief.
edit on 18-10-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)
can you quote where Darwin says this? Otherwise this statement is just as bad as Ancient aliens
edit on 18-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Big difference between micro-evolution, or 'natural selection' which is the proven process that species gradually change over time at the cellular level to better adapt to their changing environment so that they don't get sick and die out, and macro-evolution, or Darwinism the belief that we magically changed from primate to human. I'm guessing the latter is his religious belief.
can you quote where Darwin says this? Otherwise this statement is just as bad as Ancient aliens

What he doesn't understand, or is willfully misrepresenting, is the fact that Humans are Primates, of the family Hominidae, which includes the homo sapiens. We are quite similar to the African apes anatomically and genetically, especially to the chimpanzees and bonobos. Humans have 46 chromosomes in their cells while all of the great apes have 48. In reality, this difference is not as great as it would initially seem because the human chromosome 2 is a fusion of ape chromosomes 12 and 13 with most of the same genes.

But let's not confuse him with scientific facts. The world is only 5000 years old, was made in 7 days (actually in six, but God took a personal day off, because the almighty and powerful had to rest) and the documentary called The Flintstones proves that Humans and Dinosaurs lived at the same time.

That's much easier for him to digest.

edit on 18-10-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax
reply to post by The Shrike

I haven't conducted a poll it's true.

I have however watched and read many famous scientists express their opinion
snip

o·pin·ion
Noun: 1.A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

Originally posted by The Shrike

I don't believe in anything 'cause I don't have a belief system and never did. So religious myths are personas non grata with me. I understand what makes a believer thanks to being taught hypnosis by a legend and associating with other legends, top hypnotists.

So you don't believe in anything, eh? When you go to sleep at night you don't believe that you will wake up the next morning? So you never make any plans for the future because you don't believe that you will be alive then? Do you believe that the man you were told was your father is actually your biological father? You don't believe that the human race is a result of Natural Selection and evolution either?

I love the unusual way people think in response to my comments.

When I go to sleep I think of what I have to do the next day. I don't "believe" I'll wake up, I don't waste mental energy on that kind of thinking.

I make plans for the future but the making of those plans do not depend on whether I believe or not. Beliefs are mental activities only and they have no power.

I accept that the person I knew as my father was my biological father, I don't "believe" he was or wasn't.

We have no idea how humans came to be but it was natural. Beliefs don't get in the way of facts.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711

What he doesn't understand, or is willfully misrepresenting, is the fact that Humans are Primates, of the family Hominidae, which includes the homo sapiens. We are quite similar to the African apes anatomically and genetically, especially to the chimpanzees and bonobos. Humans have 46 chromosomes in their cells while all of the great apes have 48. In reality, this difference is not as great as it would initially seem because the human chromosome 2 is a fusion of ape chromosomes 12 and 13 with most of the same genes.

But let's not confuse him with scientific facts. The world is only 5000 years old, was made in 7 days (actually in six, but God took a personal day off, because the almighty and powerful had to rest) and the documentary called The Flintstones proves that Humans and Dinosaurs lived at the same time.

Ah. Good catch. Humans changed from primates to humans? Thanks. now I feel dumb for responding. It's like a trick question my 6 grade teacher would pull.

But I do take offense to being called a homo sapien. Which I am definitely not homo anything. There now I feel smart again

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Ah. Good catch. Humans changed from primates to humans? Thanks. now I feel dumb for responding. It's like a trick question my 6 grade teacher would pull.

But I do take offense to being called a homo sapien. Which I am definitely not homo anything. There now I feel smart again

and one more for the "wise-ass" answer

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Thank you, thank you very much.
Here is a round table discussion where they discuss techmology and evolution. Included are scientists and creationists. Very interesting. Like ats come to life. Respect.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

At what point did they start flying around in ships though?

You cant leave that out.....gots to figure that in somewhere. I mean they had to put meat on the fiction right? At some point they had to introduce flying craft to go along with the fiction......you know all those ship folks have been seeing for years.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

It is highly unlikely that aliens would ever abduct anyone. with techonogly that advanced they would only need a single dna sample. Also over billions of years of techonogical advancement the only thing that remains would likely be synthetic.

Social interations and the progress of civilizations arent nearly as unpredictable as some believe..

Ergo, claims of alien abductions have no reality. Besides, why should aliens, if they existed and were interacting with humans in the most negative fashion, pick on average and less than average humans when they can pick on the geniuses of our day, those whose mental brilliance dictate what our lives depend on.

To them the brilliant geniuses of our day are not far removed from a dammed ape anyway. Try talking advanced earth science to one of them you sound like a 1 year old child chattering.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Logarock because: b

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

You cant leave that out.....gots to figure that in somewhere. I mean they had to put meat on the fiction right? At some point they had to introduce flying craft to go along with the fiction......you know all those ship folks have been seeing for years.
Well you have to have a cohesive story. Flying saucers have to be piloted so we have aliens. Cattle must be mutilated by something , aliens? But why? Oh genetic experiments...and that ties into why they are abducting us...duh....and they have been doing this for thousands of years. Just read the bible. It's a very elaborate story based on no tangible evidence.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

If you'll repost with my comment so that I know to what you are referring then I can answer your question.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Well you have never studied the bible.....not really have you now. Believe it or not its just not something one can say has no evidence. Same with UFOS. Only a pisser or a moron would have such an attitude about these topics and others as is demonstrated.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

It is highly unlikely that aliens would ever abduct anyone. with techonogly that advanced they would only need a single dna sample. Also over billions of years of techonogical advancement the only thing that remains would likely be synthetic.

Social interations and the progress of civilizations arent nearly as unpredictable as some believe..

Ergo, claims of alien abductions have no reality. Besides, why should aliens, if they existed and were interacting with humans in the most negative fashion, pick on average and less than average humans when they can pick on the geniuses of our day, those whose mental brilliance dictate what our lives depend on.

To them the brilliant geniuses of our day are not far removed from a dammed ape anyway. Try talking advanced earth science to one of them you sound like a 1 year old child chattering.

Your comment just gave me a thought: what if a child's chattering is really super communication unfettered by language's restriction?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Your historical timeline post. And by the way dont bother it was a joke and I know the history of sightings.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Your comment just gave me a thought: what if a child's chattering is really super communication unfettered by language's restriction?

Its not. The human needs to learn concept and sound recognition and that concepts can be communicated in sound and still can learn words without knowing the meaning.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Well you have never studied the bible.....not really have you now. Believe it or not its just not something one can say has no evidence. Same with UFOS. Only a pisser or a moron would have such an attitude about these topics and others as is demonstrated.

The bible contains a lot of proven history, a lot of unproven history, a lot of borrowing from other sources. However, the bible does not really exist. There is the jewish bible which does not include the new testament. The jewish bible holds certain history. The new testament is mostly mythology and you won't find it in a jewish temple. Many books have been written pointing out the falsity in both, including an "encyclopaedia", which I have.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I will have you know that I am no pisser. The bible is a story as is every abduction case. Is this something I need to study? ...and no evidence of what? Aliens? ...and I'm not sure if your comment makes any sense.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I will have you know that I am no pisser. The bible is a story as is every abduction case. Is this something I need to study? ...and no evidence of what? Aliens? ...and I'm not sure if your comment makes any sense.

Don't get too worked up over the insults, Ultraman, it's only a sign that he has no real argument.

Yes, the Bible is a collection of stories, many of which have originated in other cultures and quite as many have no historical basis. The Exodus, The Hewbrews as slaves in Egypt, the war stories, none of that ever happened or is grossly overstated, and this is a fact. It is highly likely that the Bible's idea of Monotheism came from the Hebrew settlements in Egypt during the reign of Akhenaten, who abandoned all Egyptian gods and declared Ra to be the only god (Ra turning into Aten).

Also the New Testament is full of distortions, such as the Census - there was no census, it was made up to create the myth of Jesus birth in Bethlehem. They needed him to be born there, otherwise the story wouldn't fit the prophecies.

The Bible is no history book, using it to prove anything is a very slippery slope.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Don't get too worked up over the insults, Ultraman, it's only a sign that he has no real argument.

he said pisser OR a moron....I said that im not a pisser leaving the possibility of me being a moron open. In addition I don't really know what a pisser is. If it is one who pisses then are we not all pissers? I actually get a kick out of the insults....

This is kind of funny

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

The Bible is no history book, using it to prove anything is a very slippery slope.

No really.......pissers. You guys may not understand that you are victims of a great effort to destroy the soild truth. One that will win at all cost.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join