Feds: Nevada teen militia leader planned "mass killings"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Feds: Nevada teen militia leader planned "mass killings"

www.salon.com

Authorities in Nevada may have just aborted another mass shooting with the arrest of an 18-year-old, self-professed militia leader who authorities say planned to “conduct mass killings” and “bragged about plans to shoot people on the Las Vegas strip.”

Steven Matthew Fernandes, who claimed to be a member of the Southern Nevada Militia, was arrested by FBI agents last month after three separate informants provided information about the teenager building and exploding bombs, amassing “an arsenal
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

“Fernandes manufactured, transported and exploded several bombs, and possessed material to make more,” documenting at least one of those test explosions on his iPhone, which he turned over to FBI agents, the document says.

Based on information Fernandes provided, agents subsequently located a rural site in Arizona where the young bomb-builder detonated at least three improvised explosive devices on Sept. 11.

The suspect “had numerous firearms of different types and thousands of rounds of ammunition (and) bragged about plans to shoot people on the Las Vegas strip, shoot people at his school and shoot preschool children and infants,” the document says

Some of the teen’s familiarity with firearms, the court document says, came while he was a member of Boy Scout law enforcement “Explorer Post.” Fernandes, who claimed he had made at least 69 pipe bombs and discussed building poisonous gas chlorine bombs, used a “special purchasing code” from the high school he attended to buy restricted chemicals from suppliers, the document says.

It's hard to tell if it was one of those plots that the FBI sorta coerces people into but it doesn't seem like it. The teen supposedly told the agents stockpile site of his own. There is way too many psycho people with guns and bad intentions in the USA.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Criminals will always have access to guns, sneaky anti-gun agenda you've got there.

Let me tell you something, if someone is determined to do it, even if guns didn't exist there are many, many, many other options, a person with a weapon has a great advantage over those with out.

edit: oh, it's you... you've blanked out your name.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Anti-Gun message FAIL

If the kid had bragged about it and was building & blowing up his own home made devices he should have been questioned before we had another incident. Had he carried it out and people died I'm sure there would have been a million and one threads calling it a False Flag.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I agree with the op yes there are people with guns in the wrong hands in the country!

Namely the current adminstration who have armed Libyan "terrorists" Syrian "terrorists" and Mexican drug cartels.

If people wanna play it by the numbers the Us govermment has killed more people than the average joe smoe gun owner.

Yet that is not good enough there are some people in this country who would gladly make other Americans give away their constitutional right to keep and bear arms for a 9-11 call.

Simple put outsource their own personal security.

As Benjamin Franklin said :

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

As Neo says those who give up that liberty deserve the mastery they get as the criminals do not care about any laws or any law already making something illegal, more illegal.
edit on 16-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That argument is valid but what if the FBI did it right this time?? Usually, especially before Homeland Security was born, the FBI was usually the one who found something that wasnt in the best interest of the American People. Now, and probably much before, the FBI has always filled a role.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I didn't say anything anti-gun in the debate thread....I pointed out there was a military grade convert used at Aurora, which was related to the debate itself, that's it.

I'm personally pro-2nd amendment but think there should be stricter rules to buy a gun, like close the gun show loophole. People with schizophrenia should not be able to buy weapons, they are dangerous...They can go to a gun show and buy one with no problem though.

edit on 17-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I didn't want to believe in homegrown terrorism before,
but the truth is,
for example.
the Neo Nazi(s) who shot up the Sikh temple in Wisconsin... I doubt they would have cared if white people were in the way, or even children. They love to kill, and the racism is an excuse to kill. It's all a game to them: hunting.

There was a Neo Nazi bust out East, in the South actually -- the guys were going to shoot up a May Day celebration this year but according to the FBI, it was stopped.

Carl Jung said once that the collective nightmares of the world may stem from the fear of the Germanic Hunter archetype... how do you take the magic sword away, when so many people wield it?

How do we erase racism and Nazism from hearts forged in the middle of 9-11 and the wars after?
I am so grateful for the relative peace of the 1980s... I was born in 1983 and I doubt people were 1/8 as stressed out about life and the universe as they are in 2012.

Stress manifests disaster! Period! Quakes and wars, believe it or not, go hand in hand.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

L
L
the FBI as usual, making BS up
when not blowing them out of proportion
inventing terrorists, because they cant find any

some punk made some home made bombs and was dumb enough to brag about it
thus saving them scaredy-feds the time and money to set up yet another patsy to make them look like heroes.
"OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH he's dangerous to us"
so label him a terrorist and get some free anti-gun propaganda out of it
and the sheeps lap it up go BBAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH-BAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
edit on 17-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz

I didn't say anything anti-gun in the debate thread....I pointed out there was a military grade convert used at Aurora, which was related to the debate itself, that's it.

I'm personally pro-2nd amendment but think there should be stricter rules to buy a gun, like close the gun show loophole. People with schizophrenia should not be able to buy weapons, they are dangerous...They can go to a gun show and buy one with no problem though.

You won't get far here. These guys have been brainwashed to think that owning a gun is their 'right' and they have closed their minds to any argument no matter how clear and concise.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
guns aren't the porblem.

people wanting to kill others is the problem. ban guns, they will use knives, ban knives, they will use rocks.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Welcome to America...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by christoph
guns aren't the porblem.

people wanting to kill others is the problem. ban guns, they will use knives, ban knives, they will use rocks.

Actually, right now in areas where people can't/don't have access to guns, (or even if they do), many people are using machetes and baseball bats to kill (many) others. Personally, if it came down to me dying by violent means, I'd rather be shot. Therefore, I hope guns are readily available.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

No such thing as a "gun show loophole." All dealers, gun show or not, are required to fill out 4473's and do background checks. What the left is trying to do, vis-a-vie the "gunshow loophole" is to make private transfers and transactions illegal and get all guns on paper.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

You won't get far here. These guys have been brainwashed to think that owning a gun is their 'right' and they have closed their minds to any argument no matter how clear and concise.

Yeah, also those people who have been brainwashed into thinking that free speech is a "right" and have closed their minds to any arguement. We would all be so much better off without those damned pesky civil liberties.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Cause Nothing our government does or says is ever a coincidence.. remember that.. There is a reason for everything they do and say and ever happens when they say someone.. Nothing they do is to ever save us from some bad man... its to help in thier agendas of whatever they are.. Whether it to be putting a chip on your kid at school in the name of safety or taking your guns away because some bad man is going to kil lots and lots of people... There is always a reason for things..

And as neo stated... Liberty security lose of freedoms.. ya... Remember though.. 2nd amendment shall not be infringed upon for any reason what so ever....

edit on 10/17/2012 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Ron Burgandy's gun show??......
.........People will buy guns no matter what the rules or regulations are....Sorry but it is the truth!!

edit on 10/17/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Well, I'm going to ACTUALLY ADDRESS THE OP, unlike everyone else here who seem to be content with taking pots shots at the poster.

I don't know how I feel about this. Yes, it's good that they potentially shut him down, but teenagers talk a lot of ish, we all know it. So how serious was he? Honestly, I'm rather glad they didn't wait to find out. I tend to think the FBI exaggerates these situations to their own ends though.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If scheming, planning and conspiring are crimes why arent fiction authors rounded up everyday? Why are the professional "wargamers" tried for war crimes? Why isnt the Red Cross arrested for planning and practicing triage? How come all the paintball and airsoft players arent rounded up and sent to Gitmo?

All of those example are far more prepared and capable than some idiot kid with a hardware store pipe bomb.

So why paint the idiot kid as some kind of terror master-mind hellbent on slaughtering thousands?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join