It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Todd: The real culprit revealed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

I wish to make a reply on this subject.

In my opinion it is all crazy. How many women do stuff like that online??? Literally loads and loads world wide. It's all cool by me and I don't see where the shame is at in this day and age.

I am really hoping that SHAME did not kill her. Her online behaviour is nothing out of the ordinary these days atall.

However, if there was any kind of blackmail happening then this is criminal and those who did it should be arrested.

To stop that kind of thing happening we all need to loosen up on this thing a bit. Sexuality is part of us all and she was just a young woman experimenting with her sexuality. What the hell is wrong with that? We all need to make a social climate where we don't judge and we accept that this is just part of growing up.

Seems to me there is still much oppression of women happening, far too much. The young women especially are very vulnerable.

Poor thing I say! She should have just got off line for a while until those idiots got bored. She should have come back at them with something like "Sexy, ain't I"! That is what I would have recommended.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I agree Mr/Miss Destroy,

and I would like to add that as adults we forget just how sensitive we used to be and how weak as children would were (yet shouldn't be)...

www.youtube.com...

a reminder.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Where do people get the idea, that killing yourself will make everything better? Quite the risk to take, considering no one's ever come back from the dead, to tell us what it's like in the "after-life".

IMO....killing yourself, is just waaaaaaaay too easy; and a little unfair, to those of us that have decided to endure the pain and humiliation of being "human". I believe in Heaven, but i'm not going to kill myself to get there quicker. Heck, i don't even know if it even exists! I just have FAITH that it does. But i'm in noooooo rush to find out. I'll wait my turn.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
America's god fawning, conservative, backward, puritan society is to blame for this girl's death and others like hers.

Spare us the crocodile indignation -fuelled witch hunt targeting what some forever alone halfwit could never have had the foresight to know the consequences of. Anyone with a free-thinking brain can see the forest for the tress, here.

For if the natural, naked human body was not stigmatised as it is in US society - while abject violence and gore normalised - this frail minded and clearly under-parented girl would have had no reason to consider herself some slattern pariah for the playful Internet misadventures that so many adolescents indulge in.

Take a look at yourself, Ameridopes. Take a look at the mentality you are pervading with the deity prostrating, gun toting insularity that is ingrained in your fretful 'culture'. This is the indirect offshoot of your ignorance and fear. These are the victims of your insecurity. The blood is on your hands.

Avow your responsibility and brood on it.

edit on 16-10-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

i had to google and use a dictionary for 85% of your post....dumb it down a little will ya? lol

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I do not believe this they are just trying to put the blame and frame some guy. This is so they dont catch the real one.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Lol, youre an idiot, she was Canadian.
Its so funny, how everything that happens in the world can somehow be Americas fault.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

The OP was notified of that that fact on the first page,

so you have nothing to lol about really, except the fact that you need an lol now for notifying the OP and others of facts we already knew.

When will people ever stop being lazy and read an entire thread's contents before commenting and not just the origional comment/question? Not to mention calling another member an 'idiot'. Really, this thread is about bullying and ...well eeesh talk about not getting the point.

It is nothing to lol about, is it truly that frustrating or time consuming to speed-read or skim over 3 pages comments? If so, then avoid commenting at all if you are not that 'into' the thread/conversation. Yeah, your lol comment was brilliant, whew, glad you mentioned it, since we didn't KNOW that she was Canadian (afterall not like it wasn't mentioned a few times as well as Canadian news articles within this topic's thread).

lol (for effect purposes only). *rolls eyes.

edit on 17-10-2012 by dianashay because: because I am frustrated by quick, non thinking responses to such a deep and sad subject that I made mistakes in grammar.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
western problems: " No one likes me on facebook im going to kill myself"

African teenagers:' I haven't eaten in days and I cant see anything with all these flies on my face"

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If you keep comparing your problems to african children's, you won't care about anything til you get to that level of misery. I hate it when people compares everything to africa. You're supposed to have standards.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by metodex

And also be great full for what you have and remember those who have less . This is what I would tell her. Every one else just fed the mental weakness that she had and gave her anti depressants aka chemical poison

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

You can tell me what I can or cannot post, when you start sending me cash for my monthly internet bill.
Until then, dont worry about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mart0

I'm going to argue with that. One, there are many people who make these same kinds of mistakes and after harrassment ensues, they are protected and defended by women's rights activists and psychologists going on about female predispositions toward complying wih peer pressure and identifying themselves sexually because of the gender roles society has placed upon the younger teens, and how it's more of a disorder than anything else. They'll bring video games, movies, media, school environment, family influences, and all manner of ridiculous factors into the discussion, if only to confuse matters. It's all a show of "I relate to this person in this way, or I feel I should claim a moment of fame by projecting my ill-informed thoroughly vague professional opinion upon this person and support it with inconsequential details because this is a tragedy and we all want a piece of the attention pie."

Once again, the entire reaction is based on how the topic was introduced and how her case was presented. I personally think it's a shame for any person with a potentially bright future to kill themselves, but I think that this is just one more example of how the entire nation jumps to conclusions simply because it is emotionally tense due to a varying mixture of conditions as a community, and their "trigger finger" was just itching to point at someone and lay blame for everything that has gone wrong.

This whole debacle is purely a barrage of mixed knee-jerk reactions. And you know what? I don't think identifying any culprit will help matters. It will only exacerbate our tendency to lay blame on someone in an effort to alleviate the stress that has accumulated over the past couple of years. How does blaming help anything? It only provokes more resentment and instigates more retailation and accusation. And I think we all know where that goes.
edit on 17-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by coyotepoet

I agree whole heartedly. The entire thing is a shame all the way around. On all party's. She was a beautiful girl too. It's sad.

The campaign for her shouldn't be anti-bullying, it should be anti-whorish.

Here in lies the problem. She chose to expose her body and people throw out labels like 'whore', 'slut' etc. She was a teenage girl experimenting with her sexuality and you label her 'whorish'. She was too young to even know what she wanted from life.

These labels are the real problem. Unfortunately, the information super highway has exposed many things about people that would otherwise be unknown but you labelling people like this is the real problem.

Who are you to judge the girl as 'whorish'? Your sh*t doesn't stink? :shk:

I'm sorry but "kids" at that age know fully what they are doing. If you don't want to be labeled than don't do anything to get labeled. I mean, She had to have known there was a risk of being called names by some individuals for what she did. If she didn't, than i'm sorry, she was mentally challenged and needed to be in special class.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Again with the labels. What the hell is wrong with you? I'll ask you again, does your sh*t not stink?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join