It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Todd: The real culprit revealed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
America's god fawning, conservative, backward, puritan society is to blame for this girl's death and others like hers.

Spare us the crocodile indignation -fuelled witch hunt targeting what some forever alone halfwit could never have had the foresight to know the consequences of. Anyone with a free-thinking brain can see the forest for the tress, here.

For if the natural, naked human body was not stigmatised as it is in US society - while abject violence and gore normalised - this frail minded and clearly under-parented girl would have had no reason to consider herself some slattern pariah for the playful Internet misadventures that so many adolescents indulge in.

Take a look at yourself, Ameridopes. Take a look at the mentality you are pervading with the deity prostrating, gun toting insularity that is ingrained in your fretful 'culture'. This is the indirect offshoot of your ignorance and fear. These are the victims of your insecurity. The blood is on your hands.

Avow your responsibility and brood on it.

edit on 16-10-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Hmm I thought she was Canadian.

Fun to play the blame game, innit?

And you attack gun ownership? Hmmm, agenda?

Where were the parents at? Oh yeah they just let their child do as she pleased, here do what thou wilt. It's everyone else's fault obviously. personal accountability has been tossed out the window.

edit on 16-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: there was a lot of herpaderp

Seriously your title is a total crock.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

link   
yes, she did pose nude for numerous men. And yes, she did masturbate online for numerous men. There was no "one" harasser, there were many and She did what she did out of shame.

link   
her getting naked and being ashamed by it isnt what caused her demise.
dont blame this on society fearing nudism thing...

her sexualizing herself to buy self esteem, caught up to her when she learned how it didnt work.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Here's a star and I agree, but i dont think its because of people's belief in god and gun toting ways. I think it has more to deal with how people's hearts have changed. People have always been bullies, always take and take, greed and hubris fills us. it is our nature. What is not in our nature is the lack of ability to parent and not to teaching our children to be strong. I feel bad she died for such a stupid reason, but maybe the blame is to her parents who couldn't teach her to be strong minded. I've gone through much worse crap than her, and im sure many others have when we were young, yet we didn't take our own lives for such a small reason. She had everything needed for survival and to thrive, yet she couldn't look past her own selfishness for attention. People starve, dont have houses, dont have phones computer or internet, people are treated even worse than her, like slaves, like trash, and yet they do not go about offing themselves. Strong mind, strong heart, strong soul, the need to survive will give you all .Many have said this before but this is a case of "first world problems"
edit on 16-10-2012 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

Weren't they both? Either way... This belongs in the rant section.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

her getting naked and being ashamed by it isnt what caused her demise. her sexualizing herself to buy self esteem, caught up to her when she learned how it didnt work.

Yep. Right on. I feel bad that the girl killed herself but c'mon, a set of boobs and the blackmail therein didn't kill her, her poor self-esteem did.

She didn't have to expose herself (which seems to be the underlying reason for all of her "abuse") she CHOSE to expose herself. No one reached their hand out of the computer screen and held a gun to her head.

edit on 16-10-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

Weren't they both? Either way... This belongs in the rant section.

I agree with that, it's a rabid foaming of the mouth rant blaming America.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

She was in no way embarrassed, She was ashamed about what people would find out what she did. I know a lot of girls like her but they didn't off themselves.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

That's cause its always easy to blame America. I might not like the President or politicians in general, but I love my country. I have said bad things about America, but in the end I love the USA. Things could be so much worse, and people don't realize that. We do have a lot here.

Everyone blames America, cause it is easy. We get blamed for everything, but we just strug it off and say whatever. We don't need coddling, we lick our wounds and move a long.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

She was ashamed about what people would find out what she did.

Yep. The key words being "what she did."

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by kimish

She was ashamed about what people would find out what she did.

Yep. The key words being "what she did."

What she did meaning Pre suicide.

She didn't just show her "boobs" to one person. She put on shows for many people! There is a huge difference. I'd be disgusted in myself too.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Svipdagr

And no one stops to look at the major imperfections of THEIR own countries. I love how the majority of USA bashers are from the UK. Their laws of the land are far more screwed up than the worst state here in America. I am proud to be from where I am from, I am just not proud of the men who REPRESENT our country.

HURR DURR UK IS BETTER HURR DURR CANADA IS BETTER HURR DURR AMERICA IS BETTER HURR DURR.

Nationalism is ignorance. Grow up people.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
yes, she did pose nude for numerous men. And yes, she did masturbate online for numerous men. There was no "one" harasser, there were many and She did what she did out of shame.

Do you have any sources for that?

Was just curious because the entire story smells of BS to me. Why would this kids parents allow all this $hit to happen?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Do you have any sources for that?

Was just curious because the entire story smells of BS to me. Why would this kids parents allow all this $hit to happen?

Did your parents know everything that you did?

Honest question.

I'm 32 and my parents didn't know every single thing I did at that age nor did my friends parents.

Think about what you said for a moment, without emotion.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

She didn't just show her "boobs" to one person. She put on shows for many people! There is a huge difference. I'd be disgusted in myself too.

That's just my point. I've seen people (including, apparently, Anon) putting the entire responsibility on the pervs that cajoled and then "blackmailed" her, but the fact is that it was her choice to do those things. I would be disgusted with myself too, but I wouldn't off myself. I would use it as an opportunity to check myself and my need for the approval of others. Self-esteem is a tricky thing because it involves the messages about her self worth given to her by her family, her friends, and by society. I'm glad I don't have a daughter because our current society seems to be particularly hard on teenage girls. This should be an object lesson for all teenagers that just because you can doesn't mean you should.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I agree whole heartedly. The entire thing is a shame all the way around. On all party's. She was a beautiful girl too. It's sad.

The campaign for her shouldn't be anti-bullying, it should be anti-whorish.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The only fault that lies here is with the very woman who killed herself. No, I am not victim blaming, But she was the person who put the noose around her neck, Nobody forced her. She didn't have a mental disease, She wasn't unloved or alone in life. Her suicide and her lack of respect for life spits in the face of every human being who is actually suffering on this planet. "1st world problems" is a phrase thrown around a lot but it is perfect for this situation, She exposed herself online and was called out on it for being thrashy (Which it was).

So no, It's not America's fault, It's not 4chan's fault, It is Amanda Todd's fault for being unable to deal with "cyber bullying" and deciding to deal with it in the most attention seeking way possible.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Okay. If she was Canadian, I stand corrected... about 'the guns'.

However, the criticism of the glorification of violence and the demonisation of the naked human body and sexuality in religio-centric cultures still stands. Canada is contiguous to the US, so the influence is inarguable.

If this girl had not been indoctrinated to believe her actions as some diabolical sacrilege deservëd of ostracism - were they a mere 'flashing' of her mammary glands or something more intimate conducted with someone she trusted - she would not have had the compulsion to act in the way she did.

Suffice to say, she was damaged goods--anyone who kills themselves without extreme justification (e.g., a torturous terminal illness) is. But, to deny the insular puritan mindset in question is equally culpable, is ignorance in the extreme.

She was a beautiful girl too. It's sad.

Wholly subjective, but if she was less 'aesthetically pleasing', would her death have been less impacting?

Perhaps, herein lies another of the core problems: had she been "ugly", it's reaonsable to assume that no one would have taken the time to 'lambaste' her, as is implied.

As such, I might suggest that if males did not objectify females - and then turn this physical worship against them whenever it suited their bent - perhaps this kind of thing wouldn't even be an issue.

As long as Amanda Todd is a "slut" and 'Andrew Todd' a stud, people should hardly be surprised that this kind of thing happens.

edit on 16-10-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join