It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking about a really weird dream - anyone want to diagnose my dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think I know what triggered it, I was watching The Walking Dead - but it had nothing to do with Zombies
I remember what the old guy said "Christ said the dead will rise, I just never thought this is what he had in mind".
in this dream took place where I use to live in Florida, with my old pals. just about everyone was a wanted terrorist. and the police would shoot at us on sight. everyone was a target - if you were out on the streets they would shoot you. no stores were open and hadn;t been open for a very long time - almost every store was looted and cars were useless. we had to hide from gangs who rode horses. anyway, thats the sort of dream it was - but what really sticks out in my mind was the reason we were terrorist - you see the banks use ATM machines and they never opened for business - you either had money or the machines were out of money - and people would vandalize the machines like they use to do to Pay Phones - glue a subway card in the card slot or shooting screen. and food came from the red cross - pourage oatmeal like stuff - but you had to work the day prior in order to eat. I got into a fight over a piece of meat and that is when I woke up... I also recall I smelled and wanted to take a shower ---

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I used to have apocalyptic dreams almost just like that when I was in my mid-twenties. I used to have nightmares that California was like an outlaw wasteland and I had to go in to rescue someone. The most horrific part were the cannibals, because they didn't kill and eat you, they just cut parts off of people, so there were a lot of people that were amputees.
I think many of these dreams could be a result of how competitive life can during the ages of 18-24. A lot of people aiming for their dream jobs, working their asses off to get that dream, and life can feel like a stressful grind.
I think a lot of cannibal nightmares stem from the "Dog eat dog" meme, only in the dream world, things can become more literal.
No money to get what you want, it seems that everyone is out to get you- don't say no, it's a true feeling midtwenties, every boss is a twit and they hate you at that age. You don't want to rely on charity, you want to get what you want.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

The bad news is, this is the dream. You'll wake when you hear the horses.

Seriously though, I think the key to your dream is that you were living where you used to with your friends. Maybe you saw, talked to, or thought about an old friend recently. As you entered REM sleep, your mind was thinking about them and the doom and gloom you read here on ATS filled in the rest.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Not much to diagnose bud, i had a dream a few nights ago i was playing polo on a super futuristic motorcycle around a hockey rink in full hockey gear... lol

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Not going to interpret your nightmare for you (btw: that's not a dream), however,

you can watch a nightmare made into a movie... Interesting Distopia...

Linked Here.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Very vivid dream- it would make an awesome movie !!! (Unless it actually comes , of course
)

It's an excellent sign that you and your friends were close - you weren't all alone. Shows that you have some good secure relationships in your life- people you can trust.

May I ask if you had a leadership role with your friends in this dream ? Did you seem to know a lot more about what was going on and how to survive than they did, or were you all about the same ?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky

Very vivid dream- it would make an awesome movie !!! (Unless it actually comes , of course
)

It's an excellent sign that you and your friends were close - you weren't all alone. Shows that you have some good secure relationships in your life- people you can trust.

May I ask if you had a leadership role with your friends in this dream ? Did you seem to know a lot more about what was going on and how to survive than they did, or were you all about the same ?

no, I dont think I lead anything. it was like one disappointment after another. and a lot of alert like jerky breaks in the dream where I would be like walking and then something would happen kind of weird - but I do recall quite a bit of it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I can diagnose your dream accurately.....It was a dream.......Whew....That was tough.

top topics

join