It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we talk to the aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
In a recent thread about Crop Circles I suggested that if aliens who visited earth were a couple of BILLION years more advanced than us, then for them to communicate with us, might be like us standing over an Ants nest and asking to speak to their leader.
Some people thought this would not be the case and it would be quite simple for them to establish communication with us.
I started to reply but realised –

1. It was slightly off topic.
2. It might make an interesting thread.

Could we talk to aliens?
Recently it was announced that scientists had cracked the signal code between the eyes and the brain, so I've no doubt that in a hundred years or so we'll probably have artificial eyes for those who want them.
Artificial eyes would not be limited like our own organic eyes, we'd be able to adjust what part of the light spectrum we want to see, we'd be able to zoom in/out, switch to night vision etc.
Now add to that idea by building wifi into those eyes. If both you and I have wifi enabled eyes we can start to communicate without need of speech.
Suppose we now add wifi to our ears(the bit that sends the signals to the brain), that would enable us to send sound to each other without needing to speak or even create real sound.

Now add on another thousand years and I doubt we'll be using sound or anything visible for communication because it will be quicker to simply send some signals to each other.

Another thousand years and I suspect we'll have totally forgotten how to talk because we'd have no use for it. Why waste our time talking when we can send thousands of words per second via our wifi.

A few more thousand years and we'll no doubt have chips wired in to our brains to speed up are thoughts.

All that in just a few thousand years!!!
Now imagine a race that is not only ALIEN, but also a couple of BILLION years more advanced than us!!

Personally I suspect they'd find communicating with us to be harder than us talking to the ants. For example let’s assume they've evolved in the same way as I suggest above, and they've just found our planet.
They have no mouth that’s capable of speech, their ears would not work, and its very likely they’d be using an inbuilt 3D radar to see with.
For them, for the last several hundred million years, all communication was done by sending wifi signals to each other, and at immense speed.

So, they can’t talk, they can’t hear, and they see differently than we do, and they possibly think millions of times faster than us.
How on earth would such beings even relate to a species as primitive as we are?
Would they even understand that we communicate with each other?

Might they drop us into a maze to see how fast we can find our way out?
Or....might they draw some patterns on the ground to observe how we react when we see them?

Personally I believe that MOST crop circles are man made, the few that cause me to wonder I suspect are still made by man, but by someone who has some sort of agenda...?

However! As I suggest above, I really don’t think its beyond possibility that aliens might try something like creating crop circles, even if its just for amusement

ETA: I suggest above that the aliens could be a couple of billion years more advanced than us, but it’s completely possible they could be six or even more billions of years more advanced. Just imagine what kind of creature they might be!! Would they be more like robots?

Your thoughts…

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If you were a race that was billions of years more advanced than us would you want to talk to us? In their eyes we are a primitive species just barely out of the caves.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Personally I suspect they'd find communicating with us to be harder than us talking to the ants. For example let’s assume they've evolved in the same way as I suggest above, and they've just found our planet.
They have no mouth that’s capable of speech, their ears would not work, and its very likely they’d be using an inbuilt 3D radar to see with.
For them, for the last several hundred million years, all communication was done by sending wifi signals to each other, and at immense speed.

So, they can’t talk, they can’t hear, and they see differently than we do, and they possibly think millions of times faster than us.
How on earth would such beings even relate to a species as primitive as we are?
Would they even understand that we communicate with each other?

Well, there are different types, one is the bot you described, kind of universal maintence robotic suit. Most are human looking types, and hybrids, ie human/reptiod, feline, etc. Some are unusual, but they would normally wear an outfit/bodysuit we would relate to.

They communicate fully with you, from a much Higher Position of being able to control all your input signals and computer program type processes that formate the reality or perception of it, and do so telepthatically. Or they're simply NOT ET.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Can we talk to them? Talk away, they will pick up all you say, the "they" will be the good, the bad and the inbetween. Pray. Meditate, ask away. We're the ones kept out of the interconnection and kind of isolated in boxes here in this practicum. They're not.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
If you were a race that was billions of years more advanced than us would you want to talk to us? In their eyes we are a primitive species just barely out of the caves.

We try to communicate with chimps, porpoises, and on a less scientific level, our pets.

On encountering a seemingly intelligent communicative species anywhere, anywhen, I suspect there might at least be something along the lines of a polite 'hello', or, in the event of a xenophobic/militaristic advanced culture, a try at total destruction in response.

A response of any kind, even hostile might be better than nothing at all.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Personally I suspect they'd find communicating with us to be harder than us talking to the ants.

It doesn't matter if they don't have mouths or don't speak English. A species at the level of advancement you describe would easily be able to develop software capable of translating their written language into English, or vice versa. The problem with ants is that they don't have any type of advanced language to speak of. There's no way for us to communicate abstract ideas to those ants, and in fact ants probably lack the self-awareness required to even understand that we are attempting to communicate with them. Trying to communicate with ants is like trying to communicate with blades of grass. Humans do have an advanced language and we have a high level of self-awareness, certainly enough to understand an attempt at communication by an alien species. Nikola Tesla believed he could communicate with aliens using wireless electromagnetic signals. He was one of the first people to actually play around with wireless technology, he is credited as the father of wireless radio transmissions.
edit on 16/10/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
snip

If alleged aliens allegedly coming here from vast distances, for whatever reason, were to communicate with humans, they would probably find us pitiful because they would quickly find out that some members of the species create threads such as this one. They'd be outta here right quick!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I wouldn't suggest sign language. Turns out it's not so "universal" after all.

The thumbs-up signal is considered an insult in Iran, where this is called a bilakh and roughly translates to "up yours." The OK sign, where thumb and forefinger meet to create a circle, is an obscene gesture if you're in Brazil or Turkey, where you're comparing someone to a particularly dirty part of the body.

And if you're motioning to someone in Latin America by using an upward palm and waving your fingers back, you might get a much friendlier response that anticipated, as this is a common romantic solicitation.
travel.ca.msn.com...

Anyway, silly, everyone knows that Aliens communicate through telepathy and bypass provisional linguistics.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
I wouldn't suggest sign language. Turns out it's not so "universal" after all.

The thumbs-up signal is considered an insult in Iran, where this is called a bilakh and roughly translates to "up yours." The OK sign, where thumb and forefinger meet to create a circle, is an obscene gesture if you're in Brazil or Turkey, where you're comparing someone to a particularly dirty part of the body.

And if you're motioning to someone in Latin America by using an upward palm and waving your fingers back, you might get a much friendlier response that anticipated, as this is a common romantic solicitation.
travel.ca.msn.com...

Anyway, silly, everyone knows that Aliens communicate through telepathy and bypass provisional linguistics.

You are so wrong!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

That picture of Christ is extremely offensive. The opposite of what Christ is and therefore the False Light Shadow/Evil side.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I agree the picture of Jesus is extremely offensive and I urge mods to remove it as it serves no rational purpose other than to incite ill will.

On point OP, I wanted to say I thought this thread was very articulate and well thought out. Personally I suspect now that the technology genie is already out of the bottle, the human race will either self destruct or your predictions will come up woefully short. Although much of the original predictions in this thread are distant science fiction for the moment, we are gaining momentum. If this scientific snowball continues at the same pace it has for the last century and a half, then there are things we have not begun to dream of just around the corner. All of your impressive creative concepts may come at a highly accelerated rate. It would probably take a while for our physical bodies to adjust however they will need to, but I suppose by then we will be making those changes for ourselves as we see fit.

Be careful what you wish for. Playing God might get you in trouble with the Real Deal.

Great thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

That picture of Christ is extremely offensive. The opposite of what Christ is and therefore the False Light Shadow/Evil side.

That is NOT a picture of christ, it's a painting of an unknown. How can you find an image offensive when it doesn't represent anyone that existed? There can not be any opposite to a myth! "False Light", "Shadow/Evil"? You are on the wrong forum Unity. This is the ALIEN & UFOS forum.

With your religious pap you may want to check
MYSTERIOUS Subject Matter Forums
Conspiracies in Religions

edit on 17-10-2012 by The Shrike because: Add comment.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Now, now, now.... Religion and politics get people angry, I go to church & believe anyone can believe what they want as long as:

1)The don't force their ideals on me
2)We understand that the land of the free works on both sides.

Maybe I'm just too much of a European

www.facebook.com/martiansinc

new topics

top topics

join