It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My family's triple demonic possession after praying for a dead loved one. Help me find answers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
About Me, my family, and this post
My name is David, i am from Southern California. I've been a long time lurker her on ATS. Although i have signed up a while back, i haven't really posted much, so getting to those 20 posts was very difficult since i feel like there are people with much more knowledge and time to post great and meaningful replies. Please forgive any grammatical errors and my lack of knowledge in religion, as i am not too religious, and i don't know much about prayer, etc. I will use shortened or nicknames out of respect for SOME of my family. Anyway, this happened at my grandmother's house on a sunday around 8pm in 2005. We use to live in a mobile home park and her house was about 10 houses away from mine. Our families were praying for my grandmother's father who had passed. What we were doing was a "novena" as in "nueve" (nine in spanish) in which you pray for 9 days for whatever reason. On this last day, i was not there. I was at my house because my grandfather from my dad's side came to visit. A lot of my family was at my grandmother's house, praying. The rest, including my grandmother, were in Mexico to be there for my great-grandfather's funeral, etc.

My grandmother is extremely religious. She prays every night with her husband of almost 60 years, was very involved in church, retreats, and has had her share of experiencing the paranormal. Most of my family is religious, especially my grandmother's sons and daughters. My great- grandfather was a well known and respected man. News of his death spread far, and i would not doubt that many other people and families were also praying for him as we were, perhaps at the same time. I mention this because it might have something to do with what happened that night.

Introduction
A couple nights ago, my mother agreed to talk to us about what happened the night of the demonic or spiritual possession after my siblings and I were discussing movies and movie topics. My brother was the one who asked her about that night, not knowing how much fear and anxiety she still has about it. For 8 years, i have been holding off about asking her about that night because she swore to never talk about it again, and i didn't want to make her nervous again. She has had anxiety and heart related issues since that night, and only recently started getting better. Yet i still held off from asking her about it because i didn't want her to get sick again. For years i have been wanting to share my story in a forum like this. But i wanted to wait until i heard it from the mouth of my mother. There is not another person i respect and love more than my mother, except for my little girl. I have interviewed most people that were there that night. Cousins, brothers, uncles, but i held off until i heard it in my mother's own words. Everything she told me was the same as everyone else's story. The people that were possessed did not have much recollection of what happened, so getting the story from my mother and uncle was key. As i said, i got my mom to tell my the story, and then last night i got my uncle "Rick" to tell his version, which was the same as well. So now i share with you the story, and i welcome anyone with any answers, advice, explanations, (scientific, logical, or not) I just need help understanding why it happened, why to them. Was it from the Novena, was it from everyone praying at the same time, or something someone said? I recorded my mom and my uncle without them knowing when they were telling the story. I would have no problem sharing this audio with anyone that truly wants to know more, wants to help, or shows great interest.

The story

My great grandfather had passed away, so my grandmother and some of my uncles went to his home in Mexico to be there for the funeral, etc. The rest of the family, gathered at my grandmother's house to start a "Novena" (explained above) and they prayed at the same time as the rest of the fam in mexico. Since my great-grandfather was a well known and respected man, i don't doubt that there were many more people and families praying for him as well. On the ninth day, i was not there. I was in my house, a minute away because my dad's father came to visit from mexico on an unrelated vacation type visit. The following is what happened in that house as told to me by over 10 of my relatives after they finished praying:

Everyone felt very happy, to be together. My cousin said she felt "the spirit of the lord" inside her. We sometimes use that as a way to express happiness, but this time, she really meant it. She said she felt it, and she was very happy to see some of my aunts there after many years. Cari's dad Jose, for some reason got jealous of Cari because he too wanted to feel what Cari felt, so, in the form of a prayer, he said "Lord, why cant we all feel what Cari is feeling? we want to feel you too, why just her?" Jose has been Known to be envious and jealous in the past about money, cars, houses, etc so this wasnt really a suprise or out of the ordinary. Now that we think about it, we believe it was wrong for him to say this, especially in the form of a prayer, like calling God out on it.

At this time, my little girl cousin "Fern" age 14 thought to herself that everyone sounds ridiculous. (we know what she was thinking because we asked her later what was going in her head before IT happened) She thought all this lovey-dovey type stuff was just lies, especially because Cari said it was nice to see one of my aunts again, an aunt that Fern thinks is mean, etc. She basically, she was rolling her eyes and scoffing in her mind. Suddenly, she started crying, louder and louder until she collapsed. They helped her up, but all she said was that she sees a big black dog, and to get the dog out of here. They sat her down on the couch but her legs shot straight out and she felt cramps, and extreme coldness on her feet. She then stopped crying and yelling, then looked at my mom with a very evil look on her face, as if my mom caught her attention, but then continued hitting, crying and screaming hysterically about the dog so Fern's dad, Albert, my uncle Rick, my mom, Cari, Jose and others took her to my grandmother's room and layed her on the bed.

Again, she paused for a second, looked at my mom again with an indescribably evil look that made my mom tremble. Nothing happened. But when she turned to look at Bert, Bert just flew back and hit the wall as if he was shoved by some invisible force. My uncle Bert started to moan and writhe in pain. (we believe the demon that was inside Fern wanted to transfer into my moms body. But my mom had taken comunion and confessed her sins in church earlier. i think thats what you call it in english. Where the priest gave her the round thing to eat.) At one point, he was laying on his side, and ran in a circle, kicking everyone and hitting all who tried to come near. Fern seemed to be coming back to normal, so they took her back to the living room. By then, they realized that this must be the devil so some of them started praying, others were screaming "get out satan" (which might have been bad) but they were scared out of their minds and didnt know what to do. My Uncle Rick hugged my uncle Bert and did not care to be hit on, spat on, or yelled at. He was not scared of him. He wanted to protect his brother.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Albert screamed to be left alone in a demonic voice. It was not him. It was a very deep, voice that echoed through the walls and bodies of everyone there, scaring them senseless. That is when Cari realized there were kids there so she told all the kids to get out and follow her to my house. So this is the part that i experienced myself... i was at home hanging out with my dad and his dad. When i started hearing faint screams. I told everyone to be quiet... the screams were getting louder and closer. We lived in a mobile home park and my house was the one in the corner. i heard the terrifying screams come around the side of the house. That is when i hoped that these people screaming did not break my door down...but they did. (not literally) When i heard these kids screaming at the top of their lungs, i was shaken to the core. I was very scared and wondered what the heck is going on.

My dad opened the door and my cousins and brother came in. Cari (28yo), her sister Lupe, Cari's brother Henry (25yo), my brother, Tony, 2 other cousins, and Cari came in looking terrified and shocked, pale white, eyes peeled, mouth open, crying hysterically. We sat them all down and gave them bread and water. They told us, that the devil went inside of my Uncle Albert. I was shocked shocked shocked. But i did not doubt it because the look on these kids faces alone made me believe it. I will never forget. Such fear and terror. It was horrible. My dad is a tough guy and wanted to go help. They begged my dad not to go. We went outside and saw the church group arrive 10 houses down. I recognized one of the ladies because she had a weird afro of a hairstyle. The kids Pleaded with my dad on their knees not to go. Cari finally convinced my dad not to go. We stayed there tending to the kids. They were age 12-16 i believe.

This church group was a prayer group full of older people, heavily into church with a lot of experience in everything church related, from my understanding. I see them a lot in church helping, involved in retreats, gatherings, etc. I believe my Uncle John called them after Albert started being possessed. While some people where in my grandmother's room dealing with Albert, praying for him, the rest where in the living room praying as well. Suddenly, my uncle John started to shiver, twitch, moan, then cry in fear. It seems like he was now possessed. At that same time, Albert was calming down, and just breathing heavily, coming back to reality it seemed. When the people in the living room came to tell us about John, Albert darted out of the house and ran to his house (1 house away) because he was scared. So then they all took John to my grandmother's room to hold him down and pray for him. When the church group arrived, they told my family what were you doing to have such horrible things happen? My family tried to explain that they were doing nothing wrong, they were actually in good spirits and company, and praying a Novena.

So then what happened to my uncle John was the worse. Maybe because the church group was there and knew what to do. By this time, it was about 11pm. My uncle Rick told me the church group would ask john what his name was. "Satanas" he would say, in a horrific demonic dark voice. It was a totally different voice. Uncle john was a small man. They prayed and prayed for John until about 2am. The only ones that remained in that room were the church group (3-4 people) John, my uncle Rick and Uncle Armando. John started to feel better. He seemed exhausted and could barely move. He then went to the bathroom to release his bowels. After that, everyone went home, some stayed over and went to sleep. My Uncle Armando came to our house at 3am to tell us it is over. We were relieved.

The next day everyone met up at church without planning it. We all cried, hugged, for a very long time. My grandmother had 11 kids. That is why i have many uncles and aunts. They all swore to never talk about this night ever again. I told my mom to share her story because i feel people need to know there is something out there. So if anyone can explain what happened, or help me understand, or tell me what could have caused it, i would appreciate it. I promise and swear everything here is the truth, as best as i can describe it. I am willing to provide the private recordings of my mom and my uncle telling their story. You may analyze the audio, my moms shaky voice, her crying, our reactions. everything. Nothing to hide.

Some things that might be important is that Fern and Fern's mom have been suspected of witchcraft like behavior. One week before this, Fern told everyone that she wrote everyone's name down on papers, burned it, and burried the ashes on a plant pot for "good luck" i think she was experimenting. Also, my uncle John is gay, but i dont know id that mattered. I look forward to your replies, and sorry again for grammar, etc. i tried to be as clear as possible. This took me hours to type.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
A Christian cannot be possessed... A Follower of the roman cult of Semaramis can. The priests will be of no assistance.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by corruptpc

Sounds like fantasy. There is something in the writing that gives me the impression you "know" a lot more about religion than you profess. The description of communion was hilarious and looked like a lame attempt to "Dumb Yourself" down on religion.

At a guess Hoax!
edit on 16-10-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
A Christian cannot be possessed... A Follower of the roman cult of Semaramis can. The priests will be of no assistance.

Why can't a Christian be possessed?

Also...if a Priest has a close relationship with Jesus and truly is a man of God; he can be of great assistance.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I recall reading that very devout persons create these things for themselves. During investigations of cases of Stigmata, that is the conclusion that was drawn by some researchers. In your case, your grandmother has many years of strict belief under her belt. God has certainly brought your family out of this for the better.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

Jack Chick strikes again!
His modern take on gothic fiction would be amusing if so many didn't actually take it seriously.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

You said that your mother had taken communion. Had any of your relatives communed recently, at that time?

Do any members of your family engage in folk beliefs that aren't Catholic?

Your uncle praying 'negatively' probably had a whole lot to do with things. It was like an invitation was issued. Also, having had ecstatic experiences myself growing up (Pentecostal), I've felt simultaneously elated in a 'sea of love' type feeling, but also not in control of myself when 'speaking in tongues'. I couldn't stop things. It is very easy for unsuspecting people to be 'demonized' by spirits in those types of circumstances.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

Thanks for the info. We are catholic. I forgot to mention that or if it mattered. Im not sure of the difference between catholic and christian other than the priest being able to marry i think.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I don`t think this really happened simple

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I appreciate the analysis of my thread. I would think this was a hoax or a kid with free time as well if it didn't happen to me. I'm not sure what part of my post made it seem like i know a lot about religion when in fact, i do not, as much as i hate to say. I don't know how you got that impression of me perhaps it was the way i typed or "talked."
i don't know what to say but i respect your opinion because this is really hard to believe.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

hello. im not quite sure what you mean by "God has certainly brought your family out of this for the better. " can you explain? and thanks for your response, but my cousin Fern was not a devout catholic plus she was very young when this happened. Neither was my Uncle albert. My Uncle John, im not sure but i doubt it because he is a shy person that likes doesnt get out much. He tends to avoid people, saying high to them etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

No one else had taken comunion. Just my mom. And to clear things up a little bit, In spanish, to take comunion, the word is "comulgar" i had to look up the spanish translation of "comulgar" and found that it means "to take comunion" but i did not know what "Hostia" is in english. I didnt even know what the priest puts in your mouth i had to look it up.

Now i believe it is a wafer. and the Hostia (in spanish) is the wafer prepared for the sacrifice of the mass. sorry about that. I attend church in spanish, and went to school in spanish for the comunion school.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by corruptpc
reply to post by LeSigh

No one else had taken comunion. Just my mom. And to clear things up a little bit, In spanish, to take comunion, the word is "comulgar" i had to look up the spanish translation of "comulgar" and found that it means "to take comunion" but i did not know what "Hostia" is in english. I didnt even know what the priest puts in your mouth i had to look it up.

Now i believe it is a wafer. and the Hostia (in spanish) is the wafer prepared for the sacrifice of the mass. sorry about that. I attend church in spanish, and went to school in spanish for the comunion school.

I'm not Catholic, but I've heard it referred to as 'host' in English, so the Spanish and English are quite similar there. They do call them wafers though. And- I just learned a new Spanish verb (comulgar)! Thanks!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
If my family were ever brought together like that something similar would happen its called "being dysfunctional" haha. I have no clue as to what happened with your family but I always try and rule out the normal things that could've caused it before I move straight to the paranormal. Maybe your uncle having to poop could be a clue, usually when you have these family gatherings even over a relatives death there is usually food involved. If so could the people affected that night have eaten something to make them sick with food poisoning that the rest didn't eat? Like I said I really have no clue but it doesn't hurt to open up to the possiblity of something other than possession or you risk getting "tunnel vision" and start only looking for evidence to support that hypothosis.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by geldib

About a week before this happened, my dad, who didnt really go to chuch much anymore, but very knowledgeable in the subject, and the bible, I would say at my grandmothers level because I've heard him teach my grandmother a thing or two, asked me if I believed in God, I said no. I believed the kids belived what they saw, but for my own sake, I tried to think of any logical reasons of what could have happened. Not just me, but everyone else. We concluded that there was none. We asked ourselves, how did our sweet, dear old uncle John, who is about 5 feet, tiny voice, and a bad stutter, talk and sound like a huge demonic beast? My uncle is shy, never hurt anyone. I mentioned he had to go poop because my mom told me that Theo, from the church group, said that people who are possessed often feel better after going poop. I also read that seeing black dogs might signify a death in the family soon. I've also read that they might be guardians. I'm confused so I hope to get some answers. Thanks for your post. I will add this info on my 2nd post

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Your family seems to have stress induced schizophrenia, ergot poisoning, or you arent in on the joke. There is no God, or afterlife.

There are certain technologies that could replicate any sort of senario of mind manipulation. i find it very unlikely though.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I could see how that may be possible for my uncle Albert or John, but I don't see how it was possible with My cousin fern. There was no stress before she collapsed and started acting that way. Thanks for your reply... This is exactly what I'm looking for. Stress induced schizophrenia? Never heard of it now I can research this and possibly conclude this to be a valid explanation, for some at least... If that were to be, then I would need to find an explanation for the demonic voices they both had.

I respect your opinion about there not being a god, or afterlife, but that is not what I am here to discuss. This very well may have had nothing to do with god, afterlife, or any religion. Perhaps this was indeed schizophrenia... Or maybe some inter dimensional beings messing around. Maybe my whole family thought it would be funny to play a joke on me. Hmm. Maybe. I will entertain and consider all explanations. I'm NOT here saying "OMG this happened, therefore it is proof that God exists" nope, I just want possible explanations and chance to share my experience. I know some really knowledgeable people are here on ATS might be able to offer their version or explanation. Whatever it might have been.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I'm glad you mentioned ergot poisoning, thats what i was trying to get at with the food poisoning and couldn't think of the word.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Sounds to me like your aunt was possessed with some evil force before all the praying began, and then when everyone was praying the demon inside her couldn't stand it, so it came out and went into your uncle trying to find another host to inhabit. Then he started acting crazy too because of the prayers all around him (the demon).
Demons hate the word "God" or anything to do with prayer to God. Eventually, when the people continued to pray, the demon must have left your uncle to get away from all the prayers.
Sounds like your family and the people from church preformed an exorcism, even if they didn't realize it.

ETA: I believe you. S&F on your post, OP.
I'm sorry people are slamming you for trying to get answers to your questions about this. Just because they don't believe it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Even if it didn't, it was still a good read.

edit on 10/17/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

top topics

<<   2 >>

join