It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, Meteor Detection Live View quite active/updates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i was looking at the spam3D view it has a globe with and it is showing countrys on it is that where the meteors are hitting

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
i was looking at the spam3D view it has a globe with and it is showing countrys on it is that where the meteors are hitting

Where exactly? All I see on the SPAM 3D page is a bunch of views for UK cities/towns, and none of the links above them show me any global views at all...
www.merriott-astro.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

down at the bottom of that page, i know it is showing copperas cove where i;m at,are it is showing people who are watching it

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

I think that's all the people wh have vsisted the page in the past on that globe

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
reply to post by Nyiah

down at the bottom of that page, i know it is showing copperas cove where i;m at,are it is showing people who are watching it

There's nothing there. Here, I took a screenshot, zoomed out 5 times to capture everything on the page in one shot:

No globe to be found.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Thanks for that info

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah
Unless I'm missing something, isn't this site just for the UK? I don't see how this paints a very accurate hemisphere-specific, or global picture, if that's the only place it monitors. That doesn't seem very worthwhile in the grand scheme... Is there a global meteor monitoring site anywhere?

Pretty much so. Specifically the sky over the southern UK.

To do this we use the Observatory site at Sidmouth as our main detection station along with feeds from Ventnor and several member sites for data validation and error discrimination.

www.meteorscan.com...

Global monitoring is a tall order.

edit on 9/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Fairly active again right now.

Very cool for those who haven't seen it before and are "in" to this kind of thing, or if you have just forgotten about it.

Too bad it's so overcast here or I would go out and see if I could catch some shooting stars or fireballs.

Apparently we're going through some "new" kind of meteor shower these days called the Quadrantids or something like that.

Link to Meteor Scan Website

edit on 4-1-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join