It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

86-0080 flight at Creech AFB 10/16/2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
VOODOO1 is a military callsign that the FAA computers don't filter. This has been going on for so long that the assumption is the DoD doesn't care. Usually VOODOO1 is a radar test bed out of LA, but a few planes use the callsign. In this case, it is a C-12 out of Holloman.

Photo of 86-0080 and some information on the plane

Flightaware link which will eventually expire

Archive of flgiht aware routing

Loops over KINS and the CA/NV border

flightwise routing in yellow. flightaware routing in white

Flight in restricted airspace

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Waaaay too much jargon, can you explain this in layman's terms?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

C-12 86-0080 is assigned to Holloman AFB. The C-12 is a military version of a twin engine Beechcraft. If you see a Beechcraft flying, it might be military, or it might be a small time executive on business or a corporate employee shuttle. This particular Beechcraft is modified with two rails on the bottom for attachment of "stuff". Stuff can be whatever fits the weight limitation of the aircraft.

It left Creech AFB to fly a round robbin (departure and arrival airport are the same). This is common for flight training or flight tests. However, there is no C-12 flight school at Creech AFB, so this was a test. Of what, I don't know. Even though Creech is quite visible from route 95, it isn't like there are geeks hanging out their taking photographs. So I don't know what was on the rails, if anything.

It flew to near the Trinity site, so maybe it has gamma detectors on it. The loop near the CA/NV border isn't known to me to be a radioactive area, though Kelbaker, which isn't all that far away, has a uranium mine.
www.panoramio.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
That is odd. Isn't voodoo 1 a callsign for the 727 that flies and tests avionics equipment? I've never heard it used other than that. Well except in Top Gun

Creech? hmmm, maybe it has UAV avionics on it or something...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

Usually VOODOO1 is a radar test bed out of LA, but a few planes use the callsign. The 727 is N289MT. It is also a helicopter callsign, but I haven't been able to figure out the tail or serial number. It is based out of KBAF.
flightaware.com...

top topics

join