It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "failed" generation...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I intentionally did not have children because there are already too many for the planet to bear, so you can't blame me.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
BRACE YOURSELVES! I FEEL A RANT COMING ON!

Women stopped wearing corsets, its vulgar, the worlds gonna end and that generation sucks
women started wearing pants... the world is gonna end and that generation sucks
kids are robbing and shooting the place up.. that generation sucked
women got the vote.. gods gonna poop on us.. that generation sucks
Women work and put the natural balance of things on its ear... that generation sucks
Elvis was wiggling his business all over, the worlds gonna end.. that generation sucks
The beatles and their long vulgar hair is gonna end the world and that generation sucks
women burnt their bras and folks were talking about free love.. that generation sucks
David Bowie, parachute pants, and Biz Markie are demonic entities.. that generation sucks
Ozzy bit the head off a bat theyre all committing suicide and that generation sucks

kids are gauging their ears, tatting themselves... white kids rap.. black kids sing country. its mass hysteria.. dogs and cats living together.. the judgement is upon us.. and this generation sucks.

Would some of you give me a damned break?? Yeah I screwed up the whole timeline somewhat.. cause Im a slacker gen.. and I dont really give a crap. Im well into my 40's... Im not a kid. I DO NOT believe there is such a thing as a failed generation. You blamers and escapers have been blaming someone else for the way things are forever.. ALWAYS has to be someone else. Well its not. Its all of us.. the good and the bad.. the young and the old.
How about we make a few more asinine labels ( Generation whatever) to divide and marginalize people since blame on another generation is only a way you can absolve yourselves of your own apathy, complacency, and personal failures.Mainly 'cause you have your heads stuck in the clouds.. or somewhere else.. a darker more warm place.

These loser useless violent uncivilized kids .. as corny as it sounds.. ARE OUR future. WE made them. Theyre our legacy. How about stop griping, get out there, help them. I do.. why cant you? There are YOUNG kids now who are breaking away from the 2 party system WE promoted and enabled. These kids are feeling the effects of having a war from the year they were born until now and never knowing peace ( my oldest was born in 1994.. the year her dad went to the Gulf and she will be 19 in a few months) ... because why?? OUR complacency. WE have compromised their entire futures.. for what exactly? And they are supposed to see a bright "all American Dream" future?? They arent stupid. Every generation can blame themselves... get over it and help this new generation and stop blaming then for your failures.

end rant.

Whew I feel better.. how about you guys??

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by Sly1one

I intentionally did not have children because there are already too many for the planet to bear, so you can't blame me.

Again I'm not really trying to "blame" anyone and I apologize if I'm coming off as such...in fact I am trying to get AWAY from blaming all together and try to replace it with understanding...which is not to be confused with sympathy...

You see there is a lot of dismissal behind the judgements and criticisms behind others...you can do it all the live long day but it will continue to be in your face for you to be upset about...

This OP was a rant so I guess I could have come off judgmental and critical of others myself but such is the nature of "ranting" I guess...

The older generation is just as much a product of their childhood as the new generation, which generation is going to do some self-criticism and take responsibility for their ignorance? I don't think people are really aware of what their doing...have been doing...or why they have really been doing it...there is a reason almost every therapy session ends up back to the parents and the childhood...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
BRACE YOURSELVES! I FEEL A RANT COMING ON!

Women stopped wearing corsets, its vulgar, the worlds gonna end and that generation sucks
women started wearing pants... the world is gonna end and that generation sucks
kids are robbing and shooting the place up.. that generation sucked
women got the vote.. gods gonna poop on us.. that generation sucks
Women work and put the natural balance of things on its ear... that generation sucks
Elvis was wiggling his business all over, the worlds gonna end.. that generation sucks
The beatles and their long vulgar hair is gonna end the world and that generation sucks
women burnt their bras and folks were talking about free love.. that generation sucks
David Bowie, parachute pants, and Biz Markie are demonic entities.. that generation sucks
Ozzy bit the head off a bat theyre all committing suicide and that generation sucks

kids are gauging their ears, tatting themselves... white kids rap.. black kids sing country. its mass hysteria.. dogs and cats living together.. the judgement is upon us.. and this generation sucks.

Would some of you give me a damned break?? Yeah I screwed up the whole timeline somewhat.. cause Im a slacker gen.. and I dont really give a crap. Im well into my 40's... Im not a kid. I DO NOT believe there is such a thing as a failed generation. You blamers and escapers have been blaming someone else for the way things are forever.. ALWAYS has to be someone else. Well its not. Its all of us.. the good and the bad.. the young and the old.
How about we make a few more asinine labels ( Generation whatever) to divide and marginalize people since blame on another generation is only a way you can absolve yourselves of your own apathy, complacency, and personal failures.Mainly 'cause you have your heads stuck in the clouds.. or somewhere else.. a darker more warm place.

These loser useless violent uncivilized kids .. as corny as it sounds.. ARE OUR future. WE made them. Theyre our legacy. How about stop griping, get out there, help them. I do.. why cant you? There are YOUNG kids now who are breaking away from the 2 party system WE promoted and enabled. These kids are feeling the effects of having a war from the year they were born until now and never knowing peace ( my oldest was born in 1994.. the year her dad went to the Gulf and she will be 19 in a few months) ... because why?? OUR complacency. WE have compromised their entire futures.. for what exactly? And they are supposed to see a bright "all American Dream" future?? They arent stupid. Every generation can blame themselves... get over it and help this new generation and stop blaming then for your failures.

end rant.

Whew I feel better.. how about you guys??

Awesome!!..pretty much everything I was trying to say and get at!! Thanks for understanding my point...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I'm not interested in helping today's kids because they spit and swear and have no respect for their elders and don't say "please", "thank you", and "excuse me".

The list is longer. I'm sure you can fill it in yourselves.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fr3bzY

In all honesty, you are the last kind of person I would want taking care of me on my deathbed.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

you act like you know me...but you don't
hell i bet you did not even read my post...just saw a few words and made your conclusion...
probably because your brain cells are old and rusty and the force feeding of propaganda has taken its toll...

but i dont care...i know who i am...you just base your opinions on one post...thats fine with me
says more about you then it does about me.

oh and real old people are very happy with me along their sides when they are sick or dying.
also respect is something that is earned in my opinion and is not something automatically granted to somebody because he or she is older/parent/rich/ whatever.

to me you are the perfect example of why this world is the place it is...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There is something about we Baby Boomers that all you subsequent Generations should know:

We Tried.

We REALLY Tried.

And We almost did it.

Ponder that Kids.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I find the dialogue so far in this thread to be really enlightening, and self evident of my original point/post...this whole thread encompasses the dialogue I expected to see from each generation...

I don't think I saw a single one question themselves though...
Each generation wherever they placed themselves pointed their fingers and scrutinized the others...absolutely no self-reflection...in find that saddening and interesting...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Fr3bzY

Those old people haven't heard the other side of you, have they? Have you said to them the things you said to me? Have you thought those thoughts while at their bedsides?

I'll die at home, thanks.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

The fallacy I find in your argument is to lay “the blame” on…us.
We (being – the generation that gave birth to & raised the present generation of youthful miscreants
) are the result of a previous generation…that had a prior generation, et al, anon…
I have heard it stated more than I care to recall that the World War II generation was the greatest in history…
If that were the case…how could they have “raised” the next generation (can anyone say – Beatnik, Hippie or Charles Manson?).
I do see the appalling behaviors and attitudes of the “innocent generation” you’ve defended…and, am aptly appalled and disgusted – BUT – I do not blame THEM anymore than I “blame” a puppy for digging in the back yard.
Technology arose… We were entertained… We wanted our children to enjoy the entertainment TOO… We found that “the entertainment” kept them “out of our hair” for more hours than before (though – my mother and other elders would summarily require – “You kids, go outside and play!”…so, it’s not like we were doing something we hadn’t been shown as “the way to raise kids”)… And, at some point, they started paying attention to all the new “entertainment” on the market… Waiting for each new release with bated breath… So much so that – when they migrated off to the hallowed halls of higher learning…they were spending as much time “chatting”, “messaging”, “texting”, “googling”, etceta’ring…and…when they graduated, and joined “the workforce”…they killed time the same as they did in college (university, et al)…
The whole of my children’s “formative decades” were literally flooded with my most genuine desire and expectation that…by the time they were adults…this world would be a better place for them (with most of that “better place” being the result of my effort and determination)…
Guess what – It didn’t go the way I planned.
We have progressively become a society that looks for “a tit”. We need someone-else to be responsible for “what we believe”… So – we have to find “experts” to tell us what to believe… If our livers rot, and another group of “experts” tell us that the first round of “experts” were wrong…at least we know it wasn’t our fault.
But now – the kids are asking –
“Where’s this beautiful world you promised?”
“Why is it that…the only professions that offer financial abundance…are the dirtiest and most despicable in the history of mankind?”
I agree with the OP…that “they” are not to blame.
I do not agree that it is as simple as – “The Baby Boom generation is…to blame.”
Gotta go to the first seed…to find the…original flaw.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

what other side are you talking about...
most of the old people i attend to agree with me and think the world has gone absolutely nuts
i often talk to them about our current situation. how prisoners here in holland have more luxury then our elderly.
and thats just one of the major problems.

for example a prisoner is allowed to go outside for an hour every day.
most elderly cant even get outside because there is nobody to take them !

they have to pay ridiculous amounts of money for housing and services like getting dressed or washed !

we (the nurses and other staff) have to work our asses off for a slaves wage whilst the managers drive around in a Porsche and get tons of money. every year we see our numbers diminish because off cuts and other bullcrap like bailouts.
Our politicians are so corrupted its not even funny anymore.
every month we (all people that live here) have to pay 130 euro's for healthcare and still we have to pay any health-care we might use.

the people i help know its bad...it is you who is looking through pink glasses and is blaming 'the younger generation'
just because a lot of use see through the lies and are angry about it does not mean we have no respect or are drunk loud cavemen...thats just plain insulting.

i really hope you never need any help...cuz i don't think any of 'us' would want to help such a grumpy old fart based on your comments here.
you should be glad that there are still people willing to help old people like yourself...
we could also party our lives away and not give a single f*** about the older generations.
you should learn to show some respect yourself...maybe you will get some back one day...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Fr3bzY

You're a roar. I've had my epiphany. I'm going to hell. You're in the seat right next to me.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

bullcrap...there is always time to change things...the fact that you are blaming the younger generation for things just shows you gave up and rather blame others or 'pass along' the problems your generation (and those before you) could not solve/generated.

its just stacks upon stacks of dried donkeydung you are passing to 'us' the younger generation and you even dare to blame us for it...

lol

well enjoy your ride to hell...alone.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Failed generation, indeed...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I have 3 kids under 10 years old. They are the future... and they still have their imaginations intact. It's pretty much too late for all the the grown ups most are asleep and too docile off the flouride... Hope we work to change things for the little ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join