It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

massive and illegal geoengineering project detected off Canada's west coast

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle

They did not consent to anything.

Apparently the locals DID actualy give consent.

The people are just watching the government let ILLEGALS dump # into our MOTHER OCEAN!

It was NOT done by a Govt, and it was not # - Iron is a natural part of the environment.

How many things will you let them stick in Her before it's harmful????

this is ONE thing, and prety much everyone DOES say it is not a good idea!!

But the comment you replied to was that it was "massive and illegal" - not that it was not "harmful"

There is a great deal of agreement that it may well be harmful.

but if it is is harmful it still isn't going to be harmful to you - nothing was done to you so YOUR consent was not required.

and it broke no law that anyone has been able to identify so it was NOT ILLEGAL.

sorry but seriously

Right back at you - everything you wrote is either dead wrong, changing the topic, or not actually in dispute!!
edit on 18-10-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It most certainly is illegal. From the 2nd link posted in the OP:

International legal experts say George's project has contravened the UN's convention on biological diversity (CBD) and London convention on the dumping of wastes at sea, which both prohibit for-profit ocean fertilisation activities.

What is it, if not illegal? I think Canada has laws about this sort of thing as well (though I haven't the faintest idea where I would look such a thing up). As for the scale of the project, what would you call dumping 100 tons of iron sulphate into the pacific? A days work?

Found another article which states this:

In a written statement, Environment Canada says it told the company that carried out the plan that ocean dumping was not allowed and that it could be violating the Canadian Environmental Protection Act. The agency says it never received an application for ocean fertilization. Environment Canada is investigating.

source

edit on 18-10-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
It most certainly is illegal. From the 2nd link posted in the OP:

International legal experts say George's project has contravened the UN's convention on biological diversity (CBD) and London convention on the dumping of wastes at sea, which both prohibit for-profit ocean fertilisation activities.

What is it, if not illegal?

contrary to popular belief, UN resolutions are not actually the law of the land unless they are given effect by a national government.

I think Canada has laws about this sort of thing as well (though I haven't the faintest idea where I would look such a thing up). As for the scale of the project, what would you call dumping 100 tons of iron sulphate into the pacific? A days work?

Found another article which states this:

In a written statement, Environment Canada says it told the company that carried out the plan that ocean dumping was not allowed and that it could be violating the Canadian Environmental Protection Act. The agency says it never received an application for ocean fertilization. Environment Canada is investigating.

source

OK - now that may actually be relevant - need to see the details and whether or not EC actually can state a case and identify legislation and establish jurisdiction - eg was this experiment carried out in national or international waters, etc.

Statements by politcians and even officials that thsi was in berach of some law or other certainly highlight suspicion that it was illegal - but only a court can say so for sure.

The Star article

The experiment came to light a few days ago and then spun out of control when John Disney, a colleague of George, told the CBC that many federal departments knew about the experiment.

“All I am saying is that everyone from the Canadian Revenue Agency down to the National Research Council and Department of Fisheries and Oceans and Environment Canada — these people, they’ve all known about this,” he told CBC.

Edit to add - the Guardian article says the experiment was done 200 miles west of Haida Gwaii - that would be firmly in international waters, and there may be a question as to whether Canadian Law applies at all.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The last link I provided claims the iron was shipped from Alberta. That would definitely make it a Canadian legal issue. Or at least it should, if it wasn't for the apparent fact that the Canadian government was well aware of this "experiment".

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I think we all agree that it should be a crime even if it's not right now.

But to re-iterate a point made earlier, if such legislation was to come about, you would have folks on ATS screaming at the top of their lungs that this is proof that "they" have been dumping "some terrible deadly chemical" into our oceans for years, and chemtrails are bad!

Just to put that all in context.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The last link I provided claims the iron was shipped from Alberta. That would definitely make it a Canadian legal issue. Or at least it should, if it wasn't for the apparent fact that the Canadian government was well aware of this "experiment".

One canadian company selling iron to another canadian company is not a crime though is it??

Unless countries give effect to UN resolutions you can break as many of them as you like without doing anything illegal.

Here is a review of the news stories about his - www.climate-engineering.eu...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

That whole system is run no different than the maffia. It's exactly like the maffia. Say you want to do something crazy like this, then you need to run it by an underboss first. Get a get out of jail free card in advance and get the green light from TPTB. Then you go ahead with your crazy endevor, and see what happens. If it leaks out like in this case (no pun intended ha ha) and people start raising a fuss, then you got the get out of jail free card which should protect you in most cases. Without one then you're in trouble. I'm not positive but I honestly think that's how it works. How else do politicians and high ranking people and there friends get away with so much? Like seriously? How else? They're all freemasons, skull and bones, they go way back to college days together, it's an old boys club. You got an idea to make some big money, as long as your higher ups get there cut or at least a possible ROI later on then you probably get the green light. Again it's similar to the mob, at least that's what I read somewhere.

edit on 23-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoKill

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

chemmies really need to get a better understanding of this issue!

Where do you suggest we "chemmies" get that understanding from gaul? "Shills" like you?

Real science would be a start.

Bro you cant even use a spell checker for God sakes...

I am not your bro and I can - I just choose not to

What laws have you help pass?

several - which I have no interest at all in telling you about.

what about you?

Get a real job...

Not a haircut??

and Get a grip gaul

ROFL - rich coming from a chemmie!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

That whole system is run no different than the maffia. It's exactly like the maffia. Say you want to do something crazy like this, then you need to run it by an underboss first. Get a get out of jail free card in advance and get the green light from TPTB. T...blah blah blah....

Or alternatively you might see that there is no law covering some particular activity and spy a way to make a bit of dosh from it.

or even if there is a law against it you might think you can get away with something - just like crims have for at least 5000 years of recorded human history

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by r2d246

That whole system is run no different than the maffia. It's exactly like the maffia. Say you want to do something crazy like this, then you need to run it by an underboss first. Get a get out of jail free card in advance and get the green light from TPTB. T...blah blah blah....

Or alternatively you might see that there is no law covering some particular activity and spy a way to make a bit of dosh from it.

or even if there is a law against it you might think you can get away with something - just like crims have for at least 5000 years of recorded human history

So what exactly is your point of view on this subject then? Is this a violation of law or isn't it? Everything I've provided seems to indicate it is. All you've yet to do is downplay the immensity of what has been done.

Are you in favor of rogue geoengineering? Do you think such actions should be illegal until further scientific testing can be done? Do you acknowledge that Canada has certain offshore dumping laws which may have been violated here?

Where do you stand on this issue, Aloysius?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This was on the news this morning, unbelievable that it was allowed to happen.
Glad its being exposed to the masses finally.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by valkery

Yep - well unless you get some regulations in place to control this then it's open season for anyone who wants to do it - and the geo-engineering opponents on here are always opposed to regulation - screaming from the rooftops any time anyone suggests that it should be done - eg see www.abovetopsecret.com... or www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Right now everybody is boohooing the idea of geoengineering. They're saying that it's impossible and would only lead to ruin. But you know what? They're bunch of them full of gas. There was a time whne people said we'd never leave this planet and enter space. They said the brain was the most complex thing in the universe and yet every day people are popping pills because we understand how the brain works. People said we'd never ever have a world government, but we're already partway there with the UN. People said that atomic weapons would destroy the earth because global war could not be prevented. The list is long and I'm sure somebody else has more time to talk about it. But I guarantee you that one day we will be engineering this planet like it's some spaceship. The few wild areas there'll be will be the exception. The vast areas of the planet will be controllled. Most of the larger creatures will no longer exist, except in exhibits. Humanity will look upon natural evolution with contempt and dismay and believe that it's savage and unkind, just as we observe ancient societies as barbaric and ultra religious and hostile. Instead humanity will embark on a grand experiment of its own in an attempt to control its own evolution and the evolution of life nearby.

Look around you some time, we're well on our way to reaching the point where earth is a spaceship. We manage nature increasingly as though it's a machine. This will continue. When one looks into the past one can see how humans burned to make fire and how they learned to manage the behaviors of animals to hunt them and how they learned to farm crops and how they learned to farm forests for wood. Over time, there's less and less of nature and more and more of human involvement at every level. Humans are shaping the environment so it's more predictable. They're engineering. On the smaller scale, one can see this with how humans mow their lawns and how they make their property geometric and how they eliminate elements that're wild or non-conforming.

Humans seek not just to overcome and survive, but to control. Humans would never be content being subject to the rule of nature. They will always seek to gain control.

Maybe there'll be some Naturalists like there're Amish. But that's lala land.
edit on 29-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

We aren't saying it doesn't exist and won't happen. Only that certain forms of it, such as chemtrails don't exist.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I bet this is why that incredibly large dolphin pod was seen off the coast of California a month or two ago, they were following their prey which came in to feed off those feeding off this plankton.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Right now everybody is boohooing the idea of geoengineering. They're saying that it's impossible

Uh..no..
- there's a wiki page on the subject, there are innumerable posts on here linking to various conferences and research papers....

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by jonnywhite

We aren't saying it doesn't exist and won't happen. Only that certain forms of it, such as chemtrails don't exist.

"WE" ? Is it teams now?

Please explain if you can.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Why wouldn't debunkers self-identify as "we" vs ignorance?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I was hoping that Zaphod58 could respond for him/her self.....
Alas I think my point is clear.....I am on no team and never will be.

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join