It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Earthquake - MA, ME, NH

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
also, this is a great time to give a shout out to all my new england ATS'rs

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
On RSOE a fifth quake!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Tsunami
I hear ya . When I took my lab and hound out at 18:30 they wouldn't come inside I literally had to drag them. Were always prepared, we prep!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
was their one our two earthquakes? Earthquake
State: Maine
Magnitude: 4.6 Earthquake
State: Maine
Magnitude: 4.5 linkhisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

No, at first I thought that to, but thats just each monitor reporting.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

OTAY!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Originally posted by loueber
just felt earth quake in boston 715 pm

Holy lack of detail...

Looks like it was a 4.5...in Cali, that's barley a consideration; but for Maine - that must have scared the # out of few Bostonians.

Mod Edit: Removed Censor Circumvention - Please Review This Link

edit on 10/16/2012 by kosmicjack because: censor circumvention

yes sorry about lack of detail, as you said, it did scare us over here, and i barely had the composure to make the orignal posting.. i felt like homer simpson trying to order stuff on the phone from the home shopping channel

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by yogi9969

Just one, but each monitor reports so sometimes it looks like multiples.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by loueber

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
well my parents live by lake arrowhead so thank you poster about the lake swallowing us,anyways maine is not known for ANY earthquakes so yea this is a big deal for us!!! i mean if i wanted earthquakes i would move to cali.
edit on 16-10-2012 by elliejean200 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I was in Wally world doing some grocery shopping. I thought I was unsteady on my feet (which isn't unusual for me) I didn't think earthquake until someone texted me saying we just had an earthquake. Went on to Facebook to see if anyone else felt it and then learned we had a 4.5.

I moved to Maine from the West coast to get away from earthquakes. They FREAK me out!!!

At first, I couldn't call anyone on my cell. No calls would go through. Although texting was working just fine.

About 20+ minutes after the earthquake-I could make calls again.

Reminded me of 9/11. I tried calling family in NYC and couldn't get through for hours. It was horrible.

Thankfully, this time, I was able to text and make sure my family here in Maine, was OK.

It's curious that the landlines have been down for longer than the cell phones.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
yes, first i thank God no one was hurt...

but it makes me wonder, something so simple as this and phone lines go down, and even cell phone service..
can you imagine a real catastrophe?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I just went onto the USGS site and they're now saying it was a 4.0

One curious thing to mention, about 45 minutes after the earthquake my spouse put our dogs on their lines and they were shrieking horribly. Maybe they felt an aftershock? Maybe they sensed something else? They have only done the shrieking thing one other time - when something crazy happened.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

www.meteorscan.com...

Does that show a meteor shower? I was wondering if maybe it was a meteor we felt. Like I said it was our first quake but I called it as it was happening. But maybe a meteor?

Idk camera crew was supposed to go up there lol.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Check this out..

"About 10 miles away in Waterboro, about 20 customers and staff at Waterboro House of Pizza ran outside when they heard a loud bang and the building shook.

‘‘It was loudest bang you ever heard in your life. We actually thought it was an explosion of some type,’’ said owner Jessica Hill. ‘‘The back door and door to the basement blew open.’'

I don't remember hearing a bang but you never know..

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
lol Im in providence too and came straight here to post it. Thought I was going crazy for a minute.

I'm not far from you and I felt it and thought I was going crazy too.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
so...what are the coincidences that the earth quake happened, and someone is mentioning a meteor... and L.A. weapons bunker explosion yesterday and a possible "meteor " being involved....

any other talk of meteors prior to the earth quake?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by loueber

www.meteorscan.com... Watch this website. I believe it's showing meteors hitting the atmosphere. It keeps changing too. Updated every minute.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
20 miles from the center and many in this area thought their furnaces had blown up. It was very loud and wasn't like any other earthquake I had ever felt probably because I can't recall one being so close. Glad I don't live on the West Coast because I couldn't deal with that too often.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Based on my experience even a shallow 4.5 or 4.0 earthquake will give you more of a fright than do any damage as a stand alone event. A quake on that scale can add to existing damage if its a part of wider seismic activity like in Christchurch and parts of North Canterbury. Since September 4th 2010 there has been over seven thousand quakes in the area.
edit on 17-10-2012 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join