It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Earthquake - MA, ME, NH

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Land lines are out in this area also, Concord.

Neighbors phones out also.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Will a bigger quake disrupt the presidential debate?
Stay tuned...

link   
I felt it on the coast of MA. I was wondering why everything was shaking for a bit. Didn't know it was an earthquake until I checked my facebook later. Can't remember the last time i've actually felt an earthquake.

link   
Yep I've got family in NH with land lines down too. Odd I don't remember that happening in the past. Cell networks are fine AFAIK

link   
Sisters land line in Wilmington MA is down, cant understand why. Perhaps just overloaded circuits?

link   

Originally posted by iwontrun
Awwww and it was coooolllll!!!! Im only 30 miles from the epicenter.

Far Out Man!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I am in Methuen, and it was a pretty good one. My little one came down stair and said my bed is shaking. I am not used to these things and it scared the crap out of me.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

Yeah I am 15 miles away from the epicenter.
edit on 16-10-2012 by JrDavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So late last summer there was the unprecedented (in modern times) D.C, quake that was actually felt all along the eastern Seaboard.

A day or so ago there was a quake in North Ga., which is kind of rare.

Now this one.

Add to it the many quakes from the LA sinkhole and it really makes me wonder about this thread:

Cracking An Eggshell?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Cell phones are down too here in Maine.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Phone outages must be overloaded circuits...everybody's calling around asking "amicrazydidyoufeelthat?'

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Wow that is really interesting. Good post thank you. Also the picture from Edgar Cayce? That's freaky man. I need to go up north more.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

dam...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

How was it there any damage? Here in Lisbon it was pretty good shaking, but that was all.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I felt it too I'm in watertown ma. it swayed me side to side like a snakes movements for about 10 seconds. Whats odd is that the previous day all the birds were swarming the trees in the area and screaming at around the same time yesterday 7:15 a warning of sorts idk.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

The building my girlfriend and myself live in was just built. It was moving back and fourth. The sketchy thing is we were just about to go on youtube and watch all this kinda stuff. I'm kinda all about it now and I feel you gotta be ready for this stuff. This was the first place I went because I feel ATS is community driven and individuals can come on here and post what they see first hand.

Other than it shaking for a good 30 seconds it was pretty interesting. Especially being my first quake. I was more worried about it being out in the ocean. Don't wanna go out in a tsunami =[.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Here in NE CT, I thought it was an overloaded truck that rumbled by. When I looked out at the road it was empty. The year I spent in AK, there were many times more than this. A yawner.

link   
reply to post by readthesigns

hmm.. interesting about the birds... i havent noticed anything strange with any animals. and when i came downstairs my 5 dogs were just sitting doing nothing out of the ordinary.

link   

Originally posted by readthesigns
I felt it too I'm in watertown ma. it swayed me side to side like a snakes movements for about 10 seconds. Whats odd is that the previous day all the birds were swarming the trees in the area and screaming at around the same time yesterday 7:15 a warning of sorts idk.

Yeah exactly it was a sway. A pretty steady one at that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join