Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Have You Ever "Coughed Up" Anything Odd?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I just finished reading two posts by members in this paranormal thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
who said they coughed up something really weird, like a body part or something strange!

It made me wonder if this has happened to anyone else? ATS is as good a place as any to begin my research, so let's here it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

WARNING SEMI GROSS PICS BELOW

W A R N I N G

Sounds like coughing up lung tissue which would be a sign of lung cancer but seeing how that person was a child I doubt it.

As for it being the size of that persons fist, well you know how time changes exact memories. I'm thinking it could have been a tonsillolith

Hope nobody was eating and stumbled upon my post.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: extra warning

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

eeewwwwhhhh!

I was about to eat, but hadn't started yet. Think I'll wait a few minutes!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I don't have first hand experience but...... my wife's auntie Jean had throat problems all her life, coughing and swallowing. Until one day (according to my mother-in-law) she coughed up a piece of what was said to be "gristle" about the size of a golf ball? Apparently she's had no problems since?

Jean is OK BTW, she's as crazy as ever! I had never seen her before the cough up incident though?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

EWWWWW!

Grossness!
But what I coughed up didn't look like those.
Looked like a big dark deflated prune.

I remember the morning, it was super cold out, which is what made me start coughing.
Gross, whatever it was.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

It could be dried blood. If you have allergies/sinus problems you can get sinus drainage which can be bloody. Dried blood would look like a prune. Either way, you might want to get checked out by a medical professional.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Odd that this was brought up now. Just an hour ago I was sitting here, not coughing, not eating, not doing anything and I could feel liquid filling up in the back of my mouth. I spit out pure blood. I'm still spitting it out, and we just had an earthquake. Connection?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by sled735

Odd that this was brought up now. Just an hour ago I was sitting here, not coughing, not eating, not doing anything and I could feel liquid filling up in the back of my mouth. I spit out pure blood. I'm still spitting it out, and we just had an earthquake. Connection?

I would be connecting myself to the emergency room if I were you.

Where do you live? Are you up there in the north east where they had the quake today?
edit on 10/16/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

It happened when I was 8. I'm 41 now, so not worried. It was just one of those strange things.
It could of very well been dried blood.
All I know was it was a freaky thing to cough up.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You should go to a doctor right away unless you already know what is causing it and are ok with it.
Such as a bloody nose.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

EWWWWW!

Grossness!
But what I coughed up didn't look like those.
Looked like a big dark deflated prune.

I remember the morning, it was super cold out, which is what made me start coughing.
Gross, whatever it was.

I agree with the other poster.. get checked out. I was TRYING to hack something up late last yr and couldnt so I blew my nose terribly hard because it felt like something annoying the back of my throat toward the top.. and this blob of blood came out.. like so big Im shocked it fit through my nostril. Felt like I about busted my eardrums blowing it out too. If it has a heartbeat Id have thought it was something living it was so gross. Come to find out, I have one heck of a raging sinus infection. Never had sinus issues in my entire life until I moved to Il.. and it was an experience I really wasnt used to! You can get abcesses and all sorts of nasties in your sinuses.. the fungal infection balls are frightening looking and you can pass them through the mouth as well.
The thing was is that if Id have gotten it out through my mouth, it would have been scary as heck... and I may have puked.

Oh LOL! Disregard going to the Dr, thought it was recent. I sure as heck went fast.. that was naaasty scary.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I did that once with a sinus infection. It all came loose at one time.
Very gross!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have on many occasion coughed up stuff that looked like your picture (green on tissue). Thought is was from years of smoking. My son has coughed same #, too. I did not smoke indoors so he did not get it from second hand smoke and he never smoked weed or cigarettes.

An interesting fact is the often in exorcisms people will vomit bizarre stuff (wire, glass, feathers, yarn).

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by sled735

I would be connecting myself to the emergency room if I were you.

Where do you live? Are you up there in the north east where they had the quake today?
edit on 10/16/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

Yeah. The whole building shook and I heard the rumble. The earthquake is over but I'm still spitting up blood.
A friend thinks the air in my room is too dry, but I keep my coffee maker full of hot water all day long. So, it doesn't feel dry to me. I don't feel any pain, or even a scratch. Just weird.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by jiggerj

You should go to a doctor right away unless you already know what is causing it and are ok with it.
Such as a bloody nose.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

Well, I'm not in the best of health, and my tongue likes to bleed from time to time. But this isn't my tongue. I think I can feel it dripping in from my sinuses in the back of my throat. I don't freak out over such stuff anymore.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I had to look at those pictures out of morbid curiousity, spock did not put me off he just made me want to look at them more, why oh why did I look at those pictures.

To OP, never coughed up anything weird only phlegm.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Aye I was one of those posters, and I can attest that what I choked/coughed up looked nothing like that. It is very vivid in my memory and it was the size of my whole hand and looked just like a liver basically. It was about the same color and texture from what I remember. I don't have time to go more in depth right now but I can expand on this post later.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Aye I was one of those posters, and I can attest that what I choked/coughed up looked nothing like that. It is very vivid in my memory and it was the size of my whole hand and looked just like a liver basically. It was about the same color and texture from what I remember. I don't have time to go more in depth right now but I can expand on this post later.

Thanks for posting, sputniksteve. I was hoping you and DarkBlade71 would post here.

I look forward to hearing a more in-depth account of your experience. That's the oddest thing I've ever heard that wasn't paranormal..... or was it?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well you are the best judge for yourself.
I hope it stops and
you get better

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
One of the single most inexplicable moments of my life involved coughing up something weird -- specifically an English penny (I'm American and have never had anything to do with English money). I was about 25, working late at night, and was seized by a coughing fit. Ended up with a said pence piece flying through the air to land, a glaring irrefutable fact, at my feat.

I have no explanation and no likely hypotheses as to how that happened. Even speculation turns quickly to REALLY far-out ideas like quantum teleportation, reality disjunction, glitch in the matrix, magic spell, or just evidence that physical law is inconstant.

It happened though.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join