It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and the Pentagon's 'Defense Intelligence Agency'.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by karl 12

do you think they also pressure third world "most favored ally" countries to squelch U.F.O. reports?

Hey Reject, it explains in this video (around 6:10) about how the U.S. Secret Services 'offered significant economic and career related incentives to Ecuadorian Military personnel so that information and documents pertaining to UFOs were concealed' but will have a look around for other examples.

There's also a thread here which deals with missing UFO evidence and there are numerous accounts of missing, stolen or confiscated UFO reports, documents, photographs, security footage, radar information, log books, physical trace samples etc.. there's also quite a few accounts of UFO witness intimidation and suppression.

Jacques Vallee pops up in this video describing how satellite data tracking UFOs at Paris observatory was confiscated and destroyed but I think the statement he made in his book 'Forbidden science' is most relevant to this thread - perhaps he's refering to the DIA:

"Governments took notice, organizing task forces, encouraging secret briefings and study groups, funding classified research and all the time denying before the public that any of the phenomena might be real. The major revelation of these Diaries may be the demonstration of how the scientific community was misled by the government, how the best data were kept hidden, and how the public record was shamelessly manipulated."

Dr. Jacques Vallee, astrophysicist, computer scientist 1992

E-book

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This is a very interesting topic and could be possible but I question the sources. As someone who has worked at DIA for 7 years I have never seen or found anything to lead me toward extraterrestrial investigations but not saying they haven't. Also while DIA advises the JCoS their overall presence in the Pentagon is small. They do control however the NMJIC Center. Their main base of operations is the DIAC which is located on Bolling AFB. Strange place for an agency that has had mostly naval and army directors. I wish I could go into to detail more but I am trying to refrain from anything that is classified for I still value my clearance. I look forward to seeing more facts turn up on this topic in the near future....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Let's be realistic.

The most powerful country on the planet, both economically and militarily, has an enormous responsibility (and budget to match) to protect their position and their interests.

It would be the height of IRresponsibility to slam "the book" closed in 1969 and declare that anything unusual entering our (presumably valuable and potentially vulnerable) airspace from now on we have absolutely no interest in and will no longer document or investigate. Case(s) all closed.

Ludicrous. Didn't happen.

What really surprises me is that the boneheads in the government that continually spout this garbage believe that truly ALL 330,000,000 citizens of this country are stupid enough to believe it.

Of course there is a continuing program to investigate EVERYTHING that is unidentified and unexplained that enters our airspace (indeed, ANY airspace on the Earth). OF COURSE the DIA, and many offshoots (esp., the NGA) document and catalog EVERYTHING that may even remotely constitute a potential threat - or even just increase intelligence. OF COURSE the U.S. and the governments of most other developed nations have staff and budget to examine such things. It would be utterly absurd to NOT do so!

Are we to believe that a reconnaissance pilot that spots an incoming bogey should "ignore it" simply because it is "unidentified"? Are we to accept that radar operators, air traffic control personnel, missile battery observers, navigators, satellite trackers, and a host of other highly educated, highly professional, witnesses have no method or policy for reporting anomalous objects THEY ARE TRAINED TO OBSERVE, simply because the government "has no interest in UFO's"! I call an immense B.$. on that one, folks.

So - WHERE ARE THESE REPORTS? WHO GETS THEM? WHO FOLLOWS UP ON THEM? WHERE ARE THEY STORED? WHY IS THE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY (and the MSM) PRETENDING TO NOT CARE ABOUT THEM???

Meh! This whole charade is really beginning to disgust me...

Never mind. Just carry on...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akkadian

This is a very interesting topic and could be possible but I question the sources. As someone who has worked at DIA for 7 years I have never seen or found anything to lead me toward extraterrestrial investigations but not saying they haven't.

Akkadian, thanks for the reply and although I don't think the phrase 'extraterrestrial' was ever used in the opening post I do concede that some of the close range object descriptions and flight characteristics described by the military pilots involved do sound incredibly strange and the UFOs involved could very well be 'not us' (whatever that means).

If you work for the DIA then you're obviously a very resourceful individual and should have no problem in confirming the legitimacy of the documents - I also urge you to watch the presentation linked in this post and explore the facts surrounding these UFO cases - very interesting stuff.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

What really surprises me is that the boneheads in the government that continually spout this garbage believe that truly ALL 330,000,000 citizens of this country are stupid enough to believe it.

Outrageo, I think it surprises a lot of other people as well (and Orkojoker by the looks of it
).

What's also quite funny is some of the official government explanations for specific UFO incidents.

In many cases they're an absolute joke and you really have to wonder what's going on in the mind of people that mindlessly accept them (probably not a lot)

Cheers.
edit on 19-10-2012 by karl 12 because: Spelling mistake (drunk)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Yep. And...

Well, the Firemen are (not) supposed to have an “official policy” for dealing with UFO encounters in their Disaster Control manual (Chapter 13).

And, there’s the infamous, albeit de facto debunked MJ12 ET Recovery and Disposal Manual SOM1—01:

Maybe the shadowy Paragon group was tasked with establishing some methodology to our beloved acronym agencies:

Oh yeah. And then there’s Ms Othman, the official United Nations designated “ET Greeter”, so anointed following several high-level meetings that determined a policy MUST be in place for international exchange with... entities that DO NOT EXIST. Imagine that! How’d she get that plum job, anyway? Hey, Mazlan - One question: Did you have to agree ahead of time on what to say when you do your 'greeting' duty? What might those words be? Oh, that's right!! UFO's and ET don't exist! What was I thinking? BTW - it's been awhile - got any 'updates' for us peons on the 'no-policy-policy'?

Anyway – since there is NOBODY in ANY government agency even the slightest bit interested in Aliens or UFO’s – it all being so bogus and looney and all – just imaginings of crackpots and druggies, you see… why on Earth (pun intended) would we even NEED any kind of policy?

UFO’s don’t exist! Remember that! We are ALL ALONE in the universe! Just go back to your miserable little unwashed lives and let the government handle everything (like wars and global economy and wrecking our planet, etc, etc.)

None of you l'il sheople need to be concerned about those swamp-gas-Venus-birds-flying-in-formation (at Mach6+ doing 90-degree turns)! It's nothing, I tell 'ya! Now go back to sleep... and don't forget it's a mighty big desert out there... so for Chrisake keep your mouth shut!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Surely out there, there are agencies that are investigating this kind of matter and for sure one of that agencies is the Pentagon's 'Defense Intelligence Agency'.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akkadian
This is a very interesting topic and could be possible but I question the sources.

The opening post refers to website content which's main page (link) is looking like anything but a legit source - site's metadata keywords alone include such tags as "MP3, 911, flying saucers, aliens, Tesla, Harry Potter".

Originally posted by Outrageo
reply to post by karl 12

UFO’s don’t exist! Remember that! We are ALL ALONE in the universe! Just go back to your miserable little unwashed lives and let the government handle everything (like wars and global economy and wrecking our planet, etc, etc.)

It is interesting to note that forum rules say that posts which make fun or demean the believers will be removed, but in turn it looks that it is completely acceptable to label people with uncertainty or opposing view as "living miserable unwashed lifes".

Please note that governments are not something external to us, they are something created by us. Things that lead to wars are result of something we all together are responsible for, as well as the pollution of the planet.

It is not a matter of clever argumentation, but simply an fact that if you are not producing your own electricity or own a car that runs without external source of energy (making you sole private person on earth having one) you are part both of all the problems and their causes.

What it comes to possibility of life outside Earth it is common to see more persons open to suggestion that life in some form exists in the universe than the ones who do not. If the aerial phenomena called UFO's are connected to the extraterrestrial intelligence, and if there is world-scale effort by officials to conceal them, is completely different way approaching the question.

Originally posted by therealstory
Proof of a 99% chance of existence of aliens assaulting our planet:
www.nsa.gov... message from 2004 from ET it was made public in 2011

This was very interesting find and would deserve more visibility.

In a way it is bit sad that these kind of things float around somewhere between the hundreds of thread responses and go barely noticed, whereas sensational claims' by shady websites steal the spotlight.

But then again - paper unclassified by NSA showing garbled, but continuous message patterns from non-earthly source is not nearly as exiting read as the sensational, yet unverifiable claims by countless alien & UFO websites.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SCITK

You did not read the passage in the correct context.

...it looks that it is completely acceptable to label people with uncertainty or opposing view as "living miserable unwashed lif[v]es".

This was absolutely NO reference to anyone on this board, certainly not the OP or anyone who agrees. The term, refers to the way the GOVERNMENTS of the world treat the citizenry under their respective jurisdictions. It is a frequent colloquialism when common people express frustration at being controlled and manipulated and deceived by faceless government entities with hidden agendas. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with ATS nor to posters on this thread - it was a simple transposition speaking as a 'voice of the government'.

Actually, I'm surprised you were not aware of it and could not make the connection. Here, I'll give you a hand: just take a look at this page which thoroughly explains the use of this rather common phrase (the unwashed masses) in modern English.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SCITK

The opening post refers to website content which's main page (link) is looking like anything but a legit source - site's metadata keywords alone include such tags as "MP3, 911, flying saucers, aliens, Tesla, Harry Potter".

SCITK, John Greenewald Junior's DIA UFO Document article first appeared in 'UFO Magazine' and other places around the web but seeing as all the other source links appear to have been disabled, the Rense one had to do.

Do you have any actual concerns over the content of the article or the legitimacy of the documents?

If so please post them.

The Black Vault has been around for nearly 16 years. Run by John Greenewald, Jr., The Black Vault is an incredibly large research center on what the U.S. government is trying to hide... from YOU. One of the biggest sections to The Black Vault is the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Government Document archive, spanning more than 600,000 pages of material.

General

Specific

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SCITK
But then again - paper unclassified by NSA showing garbled, but continuous message patterns from non-earthly source is not nearly as exiting read as the sensational, yet unverifiable claims by countless alien & UFO websites.

I'm pretty certain what you're referring to (this?) has been determined to have been a code-breaking exercise of sorts.

thread (see post by FurvusRexCaeli about 70% of the way down the page)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker

The Tehran documents must be particularly confusing to anyone taking their cues from the U.S. Air Force Fact Sheet on UFOs - particularly the part about the desirability of "a valid study of the UFO phenomenon". I find it interesting that nobody in mainstream journalism has bothered to ask any questions about this obvious contradiction of the official Air Force statement on the matter.

So do I mate, as discussed on the USAF Factsheet thread, it seems the DIA were mighty impressed with the UFO's performance and flight characteristics so why do they pretend not to have an interest in the UFO subject?

Pretty simple question really.

The DIA evaluation termed this "An outstanding report. This case is a classic which meets all the criteria necessary for a valid study of the UFO phenomenon." The analysis called the UFO performance "awesome," noting that the objects displayed "an inordinate amount of maneuverability."

link

Bloggist Billy Cox of the Sarasota Herald-Tribune offered an interesting word today in his commentary on coverage by Newsweek of a book on near death experiences:

Newsweek illustrated the “Heaven” article with three previous God-and-the-hereafter cover themes, and referred to its “numerous covers about religion, God, and that search.” Which is fine, except the archives for UFO data are orders of magnitude larger than for evidence of Alexander’s NDE. And yet, for all of its aspirations for going off the MSM rez and becoming an industry iconoclast, Tina Brown’s dying weekly has so far been incapable of applying any journalistic standards to The Great Taboo.

"Near Death, but no UFOs"

That's a great article you've posted there Orko
I take it the undercover CIA spooks mentioned in this article only had 'cosy relationships' with the New York Herald Tribune and not the Sarasota publication - hopefully Tina Brown will heed the memo's advice and actively research the subject 'that not a single one of those glib carrion birds has the stones to touch'.

Memo to Tina Brown: If the ship’s going down, make the obituary-writers eat that “snobbery” part and assign some resources to a topic that not a single one of those glib carrion birds has the stones to touch. Read UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry (Swords/Powell) and UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record (Kean). Surprise the entire Fourth Estate with honest journalism on The Great Taboo. Give ‘em something to really hate.

Documents such as those unearthed by Greenewald are unequivocal evidence of equivocation by the U.S. government on the subject of UFOs, and yet what to we get? That Peter Jennings charade? Larry King and Bill Nye? When the cracks eventually split open on this whole story, I certainly hope the media gets the kick in the huevos it deserves for dropping the ball.

Big thumbs up from me -couldn't agree more about those huevos.

Would you believe I'd never actually heard of Bill Nye before watching him on this clip -what a joker (Professor Robert Jacobs rips him a new one around 7:45).

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Mostly withheld due to national security concerns, the documents talk about many UFO sightings and events from many different countries.

This sentence says it ALLLL. IF it were NOTHING, it would NOT be a "SECURITY CONCERN"! And that's the bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good point there Gridrebe.

Here's a newspaper report sourced by Realtvufos in which the Pentagon claims 'there aren't any flying saucers'.

News Archive

Considering they're not meant to exist, they do seem to pop up quite a bit in official documentation though:

Silver rotating UFO over US Atomic facility

Flying discs over Hanford Nuclear plant

Flying disc over Topcliffe

Circular objects over Langley AFB

Rotating saucer shaped object over Georgia

Maxwell AFB Emergency Report - Flying Saucer

Disc shaped object over Minot AFB - 1966

Flying disc over Chicago's O Hare airport - 1952

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
As usual, excellent job, karl. I have read less about DIA and it is without a doubt they know more. However, the part of knowing what these UFOs are and investigating them as if they do not know what they are is contradictory. It is more likely that the Nazi projects and saucer technology has been taken and further developed. Which would mean they know what they are since their country produces and engineers them. Which explains cases such as the Rendlesham forest -- drawing alchemist symbols to make it look alien.

Which also means that these UFO crafts are likely derived from Nazi projects and developed further, are nowhere alien and are only masked to look alien with symbols and such

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

reply to post by karl 12

What does it matter if there is or are govenment agencies that process UFO information? All that they are processing are the boring reports that we are all familiar with regardless of who submits them; you, me, pilots, cops, priests, children, whatever and whomever. Nothing new is being learned as no one has yet presented any information out of the ordinary sighting. This is all that is being sent to the DIA, CIA, IBM, IRT...

No government agency is ever going to do anything about UFOs 'cause they don't have an inkling as to what they're dealing with. It's as big a mystery to them as it is to us. It used to be that filing cabinets would be crammed full of paper records which would then be transferred in boxes to warehouses. Now we have digital "clouds" that will eventually "fall" to earth when their hard drives are overextended and no more data can be stored.

I would have to disagree with you in the fact that we really don't know what they know. My theory is if we have made contact we ET maybe the ramifications are so dire that they don't want us to know anything about the subject. The second train of thought is yes they know they are real but don't have a handle on what they want or who they are. Seems like an awful lot of blacked out documents to be nothing more than a smoke screen. I do know that if the government wants to keep something secret they certainly do have the ability to make it happen.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
reply to post by The Shrike

There is a small secret section of the military, let's call it the Water Closet, that works hand in hand with the aliens on a daily basis. They know exactly what is going on and have known for years. And they keep an eye on their comings and goings.

The only question now is how many alien species they are working with [only Grays?] and how many have actually been here [57?].

Do expand upon this, please. That's a wild notion.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Here's a newspaper report sourced by Realtvufos in which the Pentagon claims 'there aren't any flying saucers'.

This is because they aren't "flying saucers" per say. It's all in the terminology.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

The interesting thing about these documents (and others) is not that they necessarily imply that UFOs have anything to do with extraterrestrial intelligence.That is a completely separate question. The interesting thing is that they demonstrate that UFOs are recognized by parts of the U.S. government as a national security concern, this despite consistent and repeated public denials of this fact by that very same government - more specifically by the United States Air Force.

Beautifully put mate and never stop posting on these boards.

Posts by people like Teaandstrumpets, Isaac, Kandinsky, Xtraeme, Maybemaybenot, Zorgon, Internos, Jkrog, Mcrom etc genuinely make it a nice place to be and there's definitely something to this subject.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

hey why not just change your name to "The Shill"

if you cannot and will not engage in meaningful content on the matter of UFO's being REAL and not
some figment of the imagination leave the UFO forum & subject alone.

What is your opinion just in case i have got you all wrong in my evaluation of your contribution to this thread.
just looks classic derail and scoff to me?

And KARL this is a great thread,as always you make the effort.I believe the navy are the really big players
when it comes to info on the UFO subject,as proved with there "secret astronaut programme"

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Forgot to mention Easynow (and Lowneck!)

*Above BlueBook* - Ohio UFO Chase , Portage County April 17, 1966

It's all good fun mate and I'm sure the average person (if there is such a thing) is absolutetly terrified to broach the subject with their friends or family due to the 'ridicule factor' that has been so firmly put in place by organisations like the CIA.
edit on 26-10-2012 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join