It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and the Pentagon's 'Defense Intelligence Agency'.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

"Although the government professes to have had no official interest in UFOs since the Air Force closed down Project Blue Book in 1969, since that time a number of classified messages about UFO incidents have been sent from overseas posts to the DIA and then relayed to the other agencies. Sometimes the UFO messages have gone to the White House as well".

Is the Pentagon's DIA the major clearing house for UFO reports within the U.S. Government...even thought they completely deny taking an interest in UFOs since 1969 - according to declassified UFO documents it looks like the answer could be yes.

The DIA works for the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Director of Central Intelligence and it's annual budget even back in the 1970's was said to be an estimated $100 million per annum - good job because all the ink they use in blacking out UFO documents must cost a fortune.

The BlackVault's John Greenewald Junior makes some pertinent points below about DIA UFO documents from the 1970's and upwards containing witness drawings, sighting reports, craft descriptions etc.. and also brings up the subject of routing and transmittal codes which shows which specific Intelligence Agencies and Military bases are being sent the report (even though in many cases they completely deny having them).

The Defense Intelligence Agency's UFO Files.

The Defense Intelligence Agency has hundreds upon hundreds of blacked out investigations into the UFO phenomenon. With date ranges of all the way back in the early 60's when the Defense Intelligence Agency came into operation, heading straight through the 70's, 80's, and well into the 90's.

Yet, heading back to what the government says, and this statement does come straight from the Pentagon, "no government agency has taken an interest in investigating [UFOs] since the closure of Blue Book in 1969." Something does not line up, because here we are, faced with hundreds of documents slamming right through that 1969 cut off date, and going right into being in just the last few years.

So now the question arises is, "What is in these files?" Well, to give a little background to this subject, I have been doing research now approaching my fourth year in investigating UFOs and many other subjects through the Freedom of Information Act. I have never seen documents this blacked out, to date. I've amassed over 18,000 pages of material, and the UFO documents from the Defense Intelligence Agency from just the last ten years, is the heaviest blacked out material I have seen.

Mostly withheld due to national security concerns, the documents talk about many UFO sightings and events from many different countries. Firstly, in Jordan, civilians talk about seeing unidentified lights from the suburbs of Amman. This incident occurred in July of 1990. One small segment of a paragraph of a four page document was visible. All the rest was blacked out.

Secondly, a UFO sighting in Hong Kong just north of Chongqing. This was an incident which told of a UFO about 20m long, with orange and pale green lights. It flew silently at an altitude of about 50 m from southwest to northeast and disappeared in three minutes. All other information in this document was completely blacked out.

Thirdly, there was a document, which came with thousands of questions, and not one answer. A report, with many portions withheld at the agency, of a UFO conference in Beijing. The report briefly talks about possibly hosting the world's first UFO conference, in hopes that this world conference would be in China. Nine lines in this entire document were readable, the other large paragraphs were entirely blacked out.

The list goes on and on..

Documents, which have not even been talked about, are those from the range of years in the 1970's. The 1970's had the most cases investigated, and some may even say these were the most interesting.

Complete with drawings, sighting reports, craft descriptions and places, these reports were not as heavily blacked out as those from the 90's, and can be read with actual understanding. Yet one thing stuck out in many different documents, and that was the routing codes and transmittal codes. These are codes on the top of each document, which shows which agencies received the report, and in turn has copies of them. Many of these UFO reports at Air Force Bases as one of the receiving agencies yet on the contrary, that exact base told me they had no documents on UFOs. Why don't these stories and facts line up? The other thing that sticks out is the amount of agencies, which received these reports. If there is no interest in UFOs, why are they collected at all?

link

edit on 16-10-2012 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Richard Thieme also mentions in this presentation (around 0:50:00 ) that even renowned NASA Aerodynamicist Paul Hill was afraid to publish his UFO research 'because the main agency he was fearful of was the DIA' and there are other articles and links below which expand more on their interest and connection to the UFO subject.

PENTAGON RULES REQUIRE REPORTS ON UFOS

What we got was just a simple Telex message from a defense attaché (in Tehran) running maybe 500 or 600 words. (But) the interesting thing was that it came in to the DIA [Defense Intelligence Agency] and then was re-transmitted to the White House, the State Department, the NSA, the CIA and on down the line, and they kept telling me there was no such thing. Somebody was lying and they knew it.

Conversations With Major Donald Keyhoe

--

Peruvian UFO DIA Report.

Although the government professes to have had no official interest in UFOs since the Air Force closed down Project Blue Book in 1969, since that time a number of classified messages about UFO incidents have been sent from overseas posts to the DIA and then relayed to the other agencies. Sometimes the UFO messages have gone to the White House as well.

The public is rarely ever made aware of this official interest in UFO matters, and it is only through the Freedom of Information Act that some of these documents are declassified and released.

Great Balls of Fire

--

Iranian UFO DIA Report

Equally as fascinating as the report itself was a form attached to the basic information given in the message. Titled, "Defense Information Report Evaluation," it was an assessment of the quality of the Iran sighting details as determined by the Defense Intelligence Agency, a military version of the CIA which deals with foreign military intelligence. The form indicated in checked boxes that the reliability of information was "Confirmed by other sources," that the value of information was "High (Unique, Timely, and of Major Significance)," and that the utility of information was "Potentially Useful."

"The UFO Cover-up” (formerly published as “Clear Intent”), by Lawrence Fawcett and Barry Greenwood

Perhaps the DIA have now solved their problems as it looks like (along with NORAD) they're going to become 'completely exempt' from the Freedom of Information Act (link) and not have to release any more UFO documents they pretend not to have - in any case here are the ones they've released so far:

PDF Files:

Defense Intelligence UFO Files up to 1979

Defense Intelligence UFO Files from 1979 to 1989

Defense Intelligence UFO Files from 1990 to present

• New link to PDF files found here.
edit on 1-5-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Very interesting OP, I am still reviewing the links right now< but well done!

Star and flag, just off what I have read so far.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Another of many cool threads, karl 12. I recall seeing only declassified CIA reports on those high-profile cases in Iran and Peru. The DIA has been like a brick wall. But this level of ink usage certainly makes sense. And NORAD's exemption from the FOIA is based on being not exclusively a U.S. organization, as John Greenwald expained when telling how he ended up getting NORAD documents from Canada.
S&F

I have a lot of disappearing ink in mislabled containers to get rid of. Maybe if I just leave it outside near their delivery area. . .

edit on 16-10-2012 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2012 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Very nice thread. S&F.

The links are nice but many of the documents have been blacked out so while I can read some of the encounters, many have been redacted, for whatever reasons.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

You make an excellent point, Karl. The Tehran documents must be particularly confusing to anyone taking their cues from the U.S. Air Force Fact Sheet on UFOs - particularly the part about the desirability of "a valid study of the UFO phenomenon". I find it interesting that nobody in mainstream journalism has bothered to ask any questions about this obvious contradiction of the official Air Force statement on the matter.

Bloggist Billy Cox of the Sarasota Herald-Tribune offered an interesting word today in his commentary on coverage by Newsweek of a book on near death experiences:

Newsweek illustrated the “Heaven” article with three previous God-and-the-hereafter cover themes, and referred to its “numerous covers about religion, God, and that search.” Which is fine, except the archives for UFO data are orders of magnitude larger than for evidence of Alexander’s NDE. And yet, for all of its aspirations for going off the MSM rez and becoming an industry iconoclast, Tina Brown’s dying weekly has so far been incapable of applying any journalistic standards to The Great Taboo.

"Near Death, but no UFOs"

Documents such as those unearthed by Greenewald are unequivocal evidence of equivocation by the U.S. government on the subject of UFOs, and yet what to we get? That Peter Jennings charade? Larry King and Bill Nye? When the cracks eventually split open on this whole story, I certainly hope the media gets the kick in the huevos it deserves for dropping the ball.

edit on 16-10-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
S+f, shame on the black ink, I reckon those reports would make for some fascinating reading

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

What does it matter if there is or are govenment agencies that process UFO information? All that they are processing are the boring reports that we are all familiar with regardless of who submits them; you, me, pilots, cops, priests, children, whatever and whomever. Nothing new is being learned as no one has yet presented any information out of the ordinary sighting. This is all that is being sent to the DIA, CIA, IBM, IRT...

No government agency is ever going to do anything about UFOs 'cause they don't have an inkling as to what they're dealing with. It's as big a mystery to them as it is to us. It used to be that filing cabinets would be crammed full of paper records which would then be transferred in boxes to warehouses. Now we have digital "clouds" that will eventually "fall" to earth when their hard drives are overextended and no more data can be stored.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

THIS is the Crux of why I joined ATS.

Thank-you to the enth degree my friend. This is totally reiterated in Timothy Goods book "Above Top Secret" as well. Scores and scores of blacked out pages and the DIA gets the BIG mention - well in excess of the other alphabet agencies.

They must think we are bloody idiots - "no interest since 1969" my ass.

This subject is the biggest (inter) national security issue in the planets history - not because "they" pose a threat but because WE pose a threat if we get wind of what the government has known and what has withheld from humanity for too bloody long - period.

Well done mate - A BIG S&F from yours truely

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Be very worried if the USA or any other major country didn't have an interest in unidentified flying objects. I do wish they were more clear sometimes if they were investigating aliens or security concerns/both. I mean if the USA isn't interested in things that are flying that are identified that's concerning!

I spent a while reading UFO reports and have mostly been a bit disappointed. The only salacious ones I know of have odd or questionable sources. Tempted to try again now.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Someone of them must do, as the back engineered TR-3B, cause of the Belgain UFO waves, demonstrates.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thx for the pdfs man.....and all your work...I came to this site for topics on ufos and found myself tugged into all kinds of crap but its nice to be back on track again with ufos!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Mostly withheld due to national security concerns, the documents talk about many UFO sightings and events from many different countries.

This sentence says it ALLLL. IF it were NOTHING, it would NOT be a "SECURITY CONCERN"! And that's the bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
They know about ufo's they feed us with gmo's which is alien tech because aliens like the way people taste with gmos in them nom nom nom

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
The DIA works for the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Director of Central Intelligence and it's annual budget even back in the 1970's was said to be an estimated $100 million per annum - good job because all the ink they use in blacking out UFO documents must cost a fortune...

Hah!

Good thread. Can't add much except some thoughts and questions:

There's proof that people are being lied to. Is there a person or an institution that can be held accountable for doing so, in the legal system? Or is it the right of the MIL to lie to the people who pay their salaries?

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
They must think we are bloody idiots - "no interest since 1969" my ass..

It seems they think the public doesn't want/care to know, and sadly, it seems they are right. Yet it eats away at the trust of the government when truths are withheld from the public.

That helped create the monster that is widespread distrust of government in the U.S., and the breeding ground for the most insidious conspiracy theories outside of the Middle East. Where the people are scared, conspiracy theories arise. That's my position. Pissing in the wind, as it were, if you pertain to work for a 'free' world. Obviously, the victims are the political parties and the citizens, in fact democracy itself.

FOIA is a wonderful thing, admired in many others nation states, but if the relevant parties are getting exempt from the system, or ink out everything, its worth diminishes heavily.

Originally posted by karl 12
Richard Thieme also mentions in this presentation (around 0:50:00 ) that even renowned NASA Aerodynamicist Paul Hill was afraid to publish his UFO research 'because the main agency he was fearful of was the DIA' and there are other articles and links below which expand more on their interest and connection to the UFO subject. ..

This seems to confound my (somewhat unfounded) view that NASA are not the bad guys, even if they are at times restricted in their communications by other departments.

edit on 17-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: typo

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I've looked at blackvault quite a lot and have printed out some documents that are totally blacked out not even a single word.
I've also got some very interesting reports of encounters from USAF attempted intercepts from blackvault. If they are genuine FOI documents from the USAF, and I assume they are, some of them point to a conclusion the public may find disturbing.
If the US government actually came out and said it could cause panic and confusion in the public, this is why I believe they have chosen to censor a large amount of material obtained under the FOI act and have remained virtually silent on this issue. They simply have no reason to tell the public anything there's no point and it could upset a lot of people. Other governments have been more candid on the issue.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

The military government has been investigating alien aircraft since day one, which may mean April 1941.
Unless of course they were aware of a possible crashed disk circa 1936 Europe.
edit on 17-10-2012 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

There is a small secret section of the military, let's call it the Water Closet, that works hand in hand with the aliens on a daily basis. They know exactly what is going on and have known for years. And they keep an eye on their comings and goings.

The only question now is how many alien species they are working with [only Grays?] and how many have actually been here [57?].

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

Bingo

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There's a spaceship under the Pentagon.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join