It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidences up by 1000 percent.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
From my grand experience, you are on the threshold of paranoia, first its the coincidences, and then they start talking to you - I recommend to scramble your thoughts and speak in Japanese.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I experience synchronicity daily, mostly with mentioning movies and they come on....everytime I mention the movie 'Overboard' its on TNT that night its happened to me the last 5 times its been on......lol

I also dreamed someone knocked on my door, only to wake up to the same person knocking on my door..I know it sounds crazy but it is almost like you can think outcomes in creation.....but it can't be delberate it seems synchronicity only works when the thoughts are random.....and not preplanned...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
This last year..I have noticed that almost daily I will encounter a coincidence...almost always small things...usually. ...such as typically...Ill be talking about something and someone on the TV will use the same obscure word within seconds of me saying it...
I have had a few big coincidences in life...good and bad ones...but not consistently like this..where its small things almost daily.
Is it just me? No...other family members have noticed the same thing...as its also happening with them.
So is it just us? Or has anyone else noticed the frequency of coincides jumped up in the last 6+ months. Seriously Im interested to find out.

Incidents are always happening at the same time (co-incidence)...there are those we attribute personal importance to, which may or may not be relevant to us...others are seemingly random and bizarre confluences of incidents that have no relevance...
'Noticing', coincidental events is more important than one would think...they offer juxtopositions that would otherwise not be present, and accountable...

A99

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

I have been experiencing a lot more, like every day in the last three months or so. I have them so often I try not to pay attention too much anymore, because I have never been able to understand what they mean or why for the past 25 years that I have them. Some are huge coincidences some are just numbers like yesterday I went to two different stores and today I looked at the receipts and both were for 88.03!
Many years ago I was looking for the name of a musician or song in a movie, that I was totally entranced by. It was an instrumental. When I found it years later the name of the instrumental, was Sept 15th,. My birthday.
I have had so many coincidences in my life, but they are increasing exponentially, lately.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
OMG I was just thinking of a thread about synchronicity!

The Oz factor manifests itself in a myriad of ways.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Haven't noticed an increase, but coincidence has been alive and well for quite some time. In my younger days I worked in sandwich shops where if the first customer of the day ordered a steak sub, then most of the day's customers would also order it. Why? I have no idea.

Maybe it's because we all live in the same world and, subconsciously, we are more aware of current trends than we can imagine.

Maybe it isn't planned, but we are trained and conditioned to think a lot alike. If I asked you what most people do on hot summer days, would your first thought be the same as mine (go to the beach)? Even though I HATE the beach I still come up with this first response.

So, I don't think it's too far out of the norm for many people to think alike.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Maybe it isn't planned, but we are trained and conditioned to think a lot alike. If I asked you what most people do on hot summer days, would your first thought be the same as mine (go to the beach)? Even though I HATE the beach I still come up with this first response.

omg, I HATE the beach too. This is just getting to strange!!

edit on 21-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
I experience synchronicity daily, mostly with mentioning movies and they come on....everytime I mention the movie 'Overboard' its on TNT that night its happened to me the last 5 times its been on......lol

I also dreamed someone knocked on my door, only to wake up to the same person knocking on my door..I know it sounds crazy but it is almost like you can think outcomes in creation.....but it can't be delberate it seems synchronicity only works when the thoughts are random.....and not preplanned...

Overboard...great movie...haha...if only some beautiful rich woman would land on my porch with amnesia. If you ever bump your head let me know.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
[Li]reply to post by TheBlackHat

LMAO.....

Sorry but I'm poor as dirt, no yachts, no money, no shrink, no loyal butler, but yeah I do have a irritating mother.....

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Sounds like a coincidence to me.

But seriously -- I haven't experienced any uptick in synchronicity or any related concepts. Just the normal background level for me. I would be interested to see if anyone could rig up a proper study of how often these things happen, as opposed to how often we perceive them to happen -- it's a pretty well known phenom that we remember positive results in these cases (I woke up at 11:11 last night!) more often than negative results (I dunno, I think I woke up at 2:53?)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
OMG I was just thinking of a thread about synchronicity!

The Oz factor manifests itself in a myriad of ways.

I only heard about the "The Oz factor" about 2 weeks ago....is that a coincidence? I mean seriously ive never heard of it before, until about 2 weeks ago.
I was researching time slips on the internet ...and apparently people who claim to have traveled in time...or to another dimension...describe a similar set of circumstances and sensations..eg..the normal environment they are in..seems to appear flat and unreal, before the "time slip" or before a UFO experience. Also there is a sudden sense of depression or low energy that comes over people, without explanation.
So apparently a UFO researcher coined the term "Oz factor" due to these circumstances that many people experience....as in the wizard of Oz...and it being a surreal other world.
I found this quite interesting as I have seen a quite large UFO...some years ago..and although I didn't feel a sense of depression or low energy...i didnt feel they way I though I would ...i felt unconcerned...and unexcited...and it felt like i wasn't in "normal reality"...but it was only when I came across this Oz factor concept, that it made more sense. as in, I felt detached from reality..as though I knew I was experiencing something quite strange and unusual but at the same time it was as though I expected it to happen...or something like that...by the way this UFO was witnessed by my brother at the same time and he also was totally unfazed, even though looking back this event should have made us both freak out.

edit on 21-10-2012 by TheBlackHat because: added info

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have really enjoyed this thread, immensly. I wanted to see what other posters input would be. I have so many coincidences in my life, that I should chart them.

For instance my husband (estranged) shares the same birthday as my mother.
His granddaughter shares the same birthday as my daughter.
He's a twin, I am a twin, and I gave birth to twins.

Being away from my husband, I go to stay for a while with my sister, who has an apartment number that was the same street number for a house I owned.

I am now in a happy relationship with a man who is a minister. His birthday is the same day as my first husband.

My first husband married a woman with the same last name as the guy I married. He lives in Illinois, I lived in Louisiana, and our spouses are in no way related. My first husband and I had been divorced for 23 years.

The list goes on and on.

Sometimes I don't feel as if I am having coincidences, but an outright slap in the face to wake up!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yes, even talking or reading about synchronizations and time anomalies makes the effect magnified. And these types of events seem to string together in a cluster.

What we see as our "reality" could very well be influenced by coming in contact with another dimension; especially if you subscribe to the "bubble theory" of dimensions. Those quantum mechanics are a tricky bunch of yahoos! I heard that Kokopeli was their leader.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Just thinking further about that Oz factor concept. This links in with synchronicity, because Carl Jung pretty much had the idea that the unconscious mind was linked into a bigger network of consciousness...or perhaps God...if you want to use that term. Anyhow...perhaps these coincidences are as someone already mentioned in this thread... synchronizing with something bigger.
This would indicate that there is a way of tuning into that bigger consciousness. it seems that coincidences are events where we tune into accidentally, and unexpectedly...
It appears that the mind is tuning in and out of synchronicity...yet it happens without effort or direction.
In fact you couldn't guess the next random comment on TV or whatever if you tried your hardest.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
Time is caving in on itself.

And what happens when that is happened?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
happening to me a lot too! Like many of you, it's been like this for a long time for me, but recently it has been even more obvious. Here are some specific examples:

Generally speaking, it always happens when I am about to text/call someone and then they text/call me first as I'm typing on my phone.

And more specifically,just today, late afternoon I was about to check in with my friend who wasn't feeling so well last night (and I already felt bad because I hadn't asked earlier in the day) and at that exact moment, my boyfriend says to me "Why don't you find out how _______ is doing..."

I work at a bank, and just the other day a man who is a franchisee of a large business comes in to open up business accounts. While showing me what his business is all about, he flips to the page of the store-front and the address is 113.....which is the exact address at our bank.

My birthday is 10/14, and I cannot even begin to explain how many times I see that number. Just today while shopping for a new bed, (searching youtube for reviews) the first one we came upon was posted on 10/14.

Bizarre

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeANDreaming

The symbol for infinity...No beginning and no end....

Consider this....Even if there was a "big bang"...what came before it?...and what came before that? and so on...and so on...
Even if there was absolute nothingness before the universe...then what is absolute nothingness. And how can nothingness exist? If you catch my drift...because even empty space is...empty space...In the sense its still describable....so it is a thing that exists...

So infinity is how it all really is...but also consider this...If you take infinity as the conclusion...you have to realize that time...as we perceive it...is an illusion...because time is meaningless when something has no beginning and no end.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
continues....

And if time is only perception...perhaps its driven by our consciousnesses...because as Eisenstein described...time appears to slow down under certain emotional states....
So the passage of time...and the sands through the hour glass...and the ticking of the seconds of our lives...perhaps its there for our entertainment? to motivate us to make the most of our time..our lives...?

I mean what if this is the matrix...some kind of fully immersible video game, virtual reality...
And some of us play fully committed...even though there is no second or 10th free life to continue on...
Because it is a video game..of sorts.. These bodies are temporary and we all know that fact...but perhaps our consciousness is infinite...perhaps we chose to be here..and to make it more interesting perhaps we chose to forget that we chose to be here....thinking in that way...perhaps we also put in a secret cheat mode into this game also.
Im still looking for that cheat mode.

Im leaning to the idea that this is how it really is...and that coincidences are part of glitches in the system of what we know as reality. Coincidences or apparently random connections...are links that should not appear in what we believe to be reality. Most people discard coincidences...because accepting that they may point to a fundamental challenge to whats real...its to much of an earth shattering concept to handle...for most. People want this world to be real...with all its flaws...the material world is more reassuring to people these days than the idea that perhaps the real "reality" is far more interesting than this one. Where as in the old days...people longed to believe in heaven, as a place more real than this mortal coil...funny how times change,.
edit on 21-10-2012 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I have seen allot of coincidences latey, do you ever get the feeling of something good that is trying to happen and it cant break through due to the being of these coincedeces?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join