It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors Arrested After Blocking Street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is a "local" story that I've been keeping an eye on as I used to work in Home Health Care and have a strong aversion to Retirement Homes (old folk/disabled prisons)!! I saw a quick clip of this on the news tonight and when I saw the police zip~tying the wrists of these disabled people I actually stood up and yelled at the TV!!

What the hell are we becoming?! Seriously?! All these human beings want is for their human rights to be honored and respected!!! I can't believe how upset I am about this, no I take that back! What I can't believe is that more people aren't as upset as I am

Here is a link to the video, sorry if it doesn't appear right or "clickable", I am really not good at embedding these types of things!

mobile.fox43.com... 26DSB%3Drank%2523desc%26DBFQ%3DuserId%253A35%26DL.w%3D%26DL.d%3D10%26DQ%3DsectionId%253A7507%26DPS%3D0%26DPL%3D3

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The basic premise of this protest is due to the sharp decrease in Penssylvania's state funding of Medicade! This "necessary budget cut" is just one in a loooong line of state budget cuts and while each of them, surely, affects some PA residents, this one hurts thousands (if not 100's of thousands) of disabled and elderly residents of our oh so great Commonwealth state!

As I said above, I used to work in Home Health Care and I worked for 3 different agencies/companies during that time over the course of 10 years. During that time I would venture to guess that at least 75% of our patients were on Medicade or a Medicade supplement for of insurance! These budget cuts essentially eliminate these people's right to live independantly with the support of an Aide (which is what I was) and all but forces them into retirement homes and nursing homes where all of their privacy is gone! Not to mention self respect, self esteem and basic American Freedoms to come and go as they please, socialize and maintain friendships, as well as build new oones!

I could go on and on about just how upset this makes me, but I'll leave the door open now for comments and input from you all!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

Sorry, but where do you think the state is going to get the money for medicaid?? I have elderly parents who pay into medicare and yet people who are on Medicaid get more services than my parents do and they don't even pay a dime to get it!!!! BTW, I live in PA!

This is the result of ObamaCare! The federal government has drastically decreased the amounts to the states that they were getting due to the Affordable Care Act!!!! (Obamacare)

So welcome to the world of Obamacare!!!!!

First, although ObamaCare pledged supplementary federal funding to states for new Medicaid enrollees, that increased funding will decrease in coming years. Additionally, many states are wary of promises made by Washington politicians – and with good reason. The federal government is currently drowning in red ink, with a massive $1.2 trillion deficit and more than $15 trillion in debt. Who’s to say that these promised funding levels will not be adjusted downward when Congress needs money for other spending priorities? In fact, that seems a likely scenario for some states. If so, “the burden gets dumped on the taxpayers of our state,” as Florida Governor Rick Scott recently pointed out.

Source

edit on 16-10-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I understand where you're coming from, however I have to stress that these people are disabled (the large majority at least) and have never been able to hold a job and hence forth, couldn't pay taxes for their health care needs! I, on the other hand have worked since I was 14 and have paid my taxes and do not mind that a portion of those tax dollars goes to the aide of these citizens!! Also, keep in mind the fact that as I am paying said taxes, my paystub reflects a "social security" tax, which is actually higher, and I will NEVER see any of that! My 17 yr old son also works and has that same tax taken out..........?!?!?!

You can NOT blame this on Obama, I know it's so easy and convenient that it's virtually irresistable, but you just can't!! At least not with FACTS to back that up my dear!! Obamacare is still hanging in the wings and has yet to be fully enacted anywhere! Let's be adults about this, our Country is going into the pooper, we are a declining civilization who is quickly losing all civility!!

The character of a culture is best judged by how they treat their sick and elderly!! We treat both (et all who are not "the same as") like the dirty depends I used to get paid just over minimum wage to change!

P.s. Your quoted source ISN'T for PA and also verifies a "future" scenario, basically admitting nothing from Obamacare has been implimented as of yet!! This is just a simple reflection of our government's gross neglegence in prioritizing correctly when budgeting how to spend it's citizen's (illegally gotten) hard earned tax dollars!
edit on 16-10-2012 by IrishCream because: to add

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

This is a "local" story that I've been keeping an eye on as I used to work in Home Health Care and have a strong aversion to Retirement Homes (old folk/disabled prisons)!! I saw a quick clip of this on the news tonight and when I saw the police zip~tying the wrists of these disabled people I actually stood up and yelled at the TV!!

Seriously? If you are well enough to block the street you are well enough to get arrested for it. I have no sympathy for these people. In these times many people are hanging on by a string and I know I certainly can't afford to be late to work. All these people are demonstrating is that they care for nobody but themselves, its not like they did a sit-in at a government building or anything no- they just wanted to screw up everyone else's day

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I wish I could give 1000 Stars and flags for your thread. This is a very serious issue. And reading the few respondents wasn't pretty. They've done their on humanity, instead of people standing up and by the millions writing/phoning in and making changes, they heartlessly agree.

This is the ptb's goal and unfortunately there are many realms to inherent if you die heartless that are far worse than here in this testing ground.

Darren Hayes - Black Out The Sun

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
There is an answer to all of this, but people have been so programmed to act uncaring and hateful with each other, because TPTB know that the human races and progression is all about Family, and as long as they can ruin that for us, and keep everyone divided, and many regressing into heartlessness and lone wolf behavior, they're handing our family members over to the dark side realms. Earth is a testing grounds of sorts.

And the basic level of winning any battle is to have local groups. Local citizen's cousnels and media. With good research.

Obamacare is the most ludicrous issue in this election. The only developed nation in the world without a good equal medicare. Ours is inclusive and cost the government less per person. The US was at the bottom of the heap, with only South Africa lower, before the apartheid crumbled, and that was the stats when they used to have really good news and published yearly all the Stats from all the agencies and made reports on them.

I can't believe you are tying in medicare to parties.

And the only way out is strong community awareness, political watchdog groups that really emphasizes human stories, and really gives a voice to all those in need, and pulls together for equality, sharing, compassion. Puts Love and Family ahead of materialism and starts to find solutions in opposing the corruption. Letter writing campaigns, phone in campaigns.

And standing up for those in need.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thank you Unity_99!!! I don't post often, especially not to start a thread lol, but there are rare occassions when a topic makes me feel; really FEEL and those I will respond to or even start a thread!!

What gets me is the fact that only two other people even had anything to say about this situation!! I'm not even upset with their positions on the topic really (disappointed? Certainly!!), but just the fact that there were only TWO other people besides us who FELT enough about the topic to respond! Are we seriously that far gone as a species?! I am not looking for stars or flags or accolades on any level, but I expected this topic to rouse emotion among my fellow human beings! More and more often as of late mankind has simply been disappointing *sigh*!!

I feel an increasing frustration as I watch us decline, rapidly, into an abyss there are no words for! How have we allowed ourselves to get to this point? My OP is about a blatantly obvious stripping of basic human rights and that should piss us all off!! We should be filled with righteous anger and join by their sides to protest the injustice of it all! And not just in this situation, ALL situations where our human brother's and sister's are having their rights stripped away by TPTB! Our numbers are great, we are many and could (notice I said could not are :-() be a "force to be reckoned with"! The amount of change we would see around the world would be astounding, but instead we choose to live in fear and complacency with a "don't rock the boat" mentality AND IT MAKES ME ANGRY DAMMIT!!
Why aren't we, the collective, angry?! What are we so afraid of?!

I have long been of the belief that people are fundamentally good, that we are all capable of love and compassion, in fact I ruled my life by that belief! I no longer feel that way and that makes me angrier than anything else, so angry in fact that I am becoming jaded and it effects my daily life, even the way I'm raising my children!!! I don't want to be this way, think this way, feel this way.... but what other way is there at this point? There is true strength in numbers, but where are the numbers, where are the masses, where are those that want to be the change they wish to see? I'll tell you where; at home watching TV, at the store buying something "better" than their neighbor's things and making sure to not rock the perverbial boat while the rest of the world pays the price!

Now I have successfully derailed my own topic, but I guess that's my perogative, especially given the fact that no one's even paying attention to it lol! Maybe now the thread should be moved over to "Rant" haha!?!

new topics

top topics

join