It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...........stupid meth heads destroyed nyquil now. supposedly. im suffering for it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Seriously, I was out to dinner last night, having a great time and then poof bam, flu. Massive major flu. Within like 10 minutes I went from fine to feverish and all the little goodies affiliated with the flu.

So I go get some nyquil. Should knock me out for at least 8 hours like it's done in the past. Haven't used it in YEARS but still. It's Nyquil.

2 hours later I'm wide awake. Stuff doesn't even work anymore. I had passed out on pure flu attack, not nyquil. So I look online and sure enough, they took the alcohol out and also the pseudoephinephrine or something because of supposed meth makers who used it to make their stupid drug.

Instead, Nyquil put in some kinda fake placebo thingie.
Fat lot this does me. I'm shaking and burning up now today, freezing at the same time, migraine, dry throat, running stuffed nose (yes, both at once) and just exhausted yet can't sleep for the life of me. All I have is nyquil and dayquil and neither do anything.

Sad me.

And yeah, I DO get sick that fast. I hate it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Being it is the alcohol in the actual Nyquil that knocks you out, why not just save a ton of money and buy a bottle of your favorite booze, sling down a few shots and have a good sleep?
edit on 16-10-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Being it is the alcohol in the actual Nyquil that knocks you out, why not just save a ton of money and buy a bottle of your favorite booze, sling down a few shots and have a good sleep?
edit on 16-10-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

Aw, that's a good idea - if I was into alcohol, which I very much am not.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
sounds like you need a good hot whiskey toddy ....hot water+sugar+whiskey (in increasing portions
) and go to bed...jobs done in the morning

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Here is my tried, and trusted remedy my poor sick friend.
Fill a small saucepan with cider add lemon juice,olive oil, honey, ginger, and a fresh mint leaf if you have one. Bring to the boil, and pour into your largest mug, drink while it is as hot as you can stand it. Retire to your bed and have as much sleep as possible. hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Try taking 1. DayQuil to relieve body aches and congestion, and 1. Gravol to make you crash for 8hrs

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
Fill a small saucepan with cider add lemon juice,olive oil, honey, ginger, and a fresh mint leaf if you have one. Bring to the boil, and pour into your largest mug, drink while it is as hot as you can stand it. Retire to your bed and have as much sleep as possible. hope this helps.

I just got cider (apple cider, yes?) yesterday and I know I have honey and lemon juice. olive oil, unsure, ginger is definitely nope. I'll try it with what I have however.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833

Originally posted by hotel1

I just got cider (apple cider, yes?) yesterday and I know I have honey and lemon juice. olive oil, unsure, ginger is definitely nope. I'll try it with what I have however.

It should still work just be sure to drink it as hot as you can without burning yourself. Get as much fresh fruit, and veg as you can in the next few days, drink plenty of water, and try to rest as much as possible. I am sending you a big warm ehug hope that helps as well

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Take some benadryl

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone ever. I'd reply to you all but my head is like NOPE. So im going to relax now, not think of anything and try a few things and hopefully this gets kicked to the curb.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The pseudoephedrine is only used as a decongestant. If you have the influenza virus it isn't really needed. And one of the common side effects of many decongestants is alertness. If you have a cold (rhinovirus et al) there are many other decongestants that are used to treat symptoms. Perhaps this is just in your head. And as another poster mentioned, if you simply need alcohol it's easily available in almost every country...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
they took the alcohol out and also the pseudoephinephrine or something because of supposed meth makers who used it to make their stupid drug.

Alcohol plus DXM(Dextromethorphan) = Sleepy as heck...

This is probably what you are/were looking for..

Anything ephedrine related would be a stimulant, so not sleepy making.

I don't ever use mixed products like that. I like to mix it myself. If I am going to have DXM(Dextromethorphan) and alcohol in my bloodstream I don't also want tylenol too. Give my liver a break.

As far as actually being sick? I have no idea, I don't get sick..

I imagine that a nice strong Tea mixed with honey and a lil whiskey would be the best.

edit on 10/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

In the future if you get a chance learn to make Colloidal silver. Take some before your are sick if around sick people or after getting sick and it makes you well. cheep to make but costs more if you have to buy it from a health food store.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I didn't think they made products with DXM anymore because of the stupid kids using it to get high?

Dumb people have to ruin it for all of us.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Hell ya!

That little potion is good for all kinds of ailments. I use honey in place of sugar but it still works!

Two shots whiskey one tablespoon honey mixed in hot water or herbal tea. It's like magic!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
They just keep the good stuff at the pharmacy, you just have to show id and ask for it.

Besides, theraflu works much better then nyquil for the flu.

If you truley have the flu, go to the doc and get some tamiflu.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I hope you feel better soon. I am curious...have you gotten your flu shot yet this year?

edit on 16-10-2012 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Alka Seltzer makes a cold and flu formula that does the trick for me when I'm sick. If you try it mix it with a little Sprite or 7-Up instead of water and it goes down easier. It clears you up and makes you sleep like a baby.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join