It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Carreys: YES MAN: Symbolism revealing where we are heeading soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Just read this article, mother of god...
First i thought this guy is crazy , but the connection between real events and
how the movie unfolds is undeniable...

canyou.se...

What do you think? Transhumanism is it coming soon?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Henassy

You see a lot of this stuff in the Vetruvian Man. It was a representation of what man would become after Da Vinci's life - and if there's a Vetruvian Man of what comes after what we are now, it's kept locked securely within Vatican vaults.

Transhumanism is the only place we could ever have gone.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Henassy

Not going to click on that link, can you elaborate some more? I love the movie, and I love the philosophy, and I agree with it wholeheartedly. We are here on this earth to experience life, and the more of it we experience, the more successful this life is.

People even crave pain and heartache; they just don't realize it. Some people thrive on depression or negativity. Humans have a hole deep inside longing for emotion to fill it up. When there isn't enough emotion, they create drama, or they turn to drugs or alcohol. Some find sordid affairs, some find hobbies, some bury themselves in work, and some find religion. The commonality is this deep aching hole that needs attention one way or another.

The Yes Man principle is about the healthiest and most rewarding way to fill that hole that I've ever seen.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The mechanic actions of people is predictable. Still it is scary when one comes to truly understand that this is the way we are heading.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

The scenes in the movie and the phases the character goes through are a representation in chronological order what is happening with the society and people today.

It is very hard to detect but once you get a hold of the thread it is shines through..

I know that many including myself find this movie very inspiring, but it also seems to have this other layer...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Symbols don't tell anything about the future, nor do they relate in any special way to phenomena. If a star or pentagram represents 'man,' it is because they resemble each other in someway shape or form, not because they share an essence or some deep-rooted meaning.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
That was actually pretty interesting!

I have been trying to find which direction I belong in and it is becoming more clear that balance is the answer...

top topics

join