I'll Never Watch a Kubrick Film The Same Again...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Perhaps my knowledge of the masons is warped by conspiracy theories, I assumed the owl was a symbol of wisdom which was used by the illuminati (the enlightened ones) who I've been told are quite closely knit with Masonic doings!
Correct me if I'm wrong! (that is a real invitation, not me being an arse!)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by iRoyaltyPerhaps my knowledge of the masons is warped by conspiracy theories,
That is quite possible.

I assumed the owl was a symbol of wisdom
It is. That goes back to ancient times with Minerva and Athena.

which was used by the illuminati (the enlightened ones)…
There's no evidence that the Bavarian Illuminati of 1776 ever used an owl as its symbol. The only legitimate claim to a symbol used by the actual Illuminati is the circumpunct (a dot in a circle), which is a symbol as old as man, so hardly in their exclusive domain either.

…who I've been told are quite closely knit with Masonic doings!
The Bavarian Illuminati was founded in 1776 and disbanded about 10 years later. It was essentially a group of enlightenment era philosophers who styled themselves as proto-anarchists, with the belief that man should govern himself. They were anti-king and anti-pope, and thus demonized by the tyrants and popes who WERE in power at the time. That is why they have become the boogie-men of conspiracy theory. They sought to bolster their ranks by soliciting Masons to join them, as Masons are also anti-tyranny. Some joined, some didn't.

So your assumptions are manifold:

First, you believe there still exists an organization which styles itself as "The Illuminati." There isn't.

Second, for some reason you believe that organization wears masks. Not even the folks at the Bohemian Grove wear masks. We've seen the photos.

Third, you believe that the owl is in any way important to Masons as a symbol. I can honestly state it is not particularly significant to any Masonic degree in the Blue Lodge, nor any of the Scottish Rite degrees, up to and including the 33°. (It's possible, but unlikely, that it is somehow used in the York Rite degree system. I suspect it's not, or I would have come across it in any number of online shops selling paraphernalia to Masons, but KSigMason can correct me if I'm wrong, as he's a member of the York Rite.)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I see, thank you for the correction!
Didn't the illuminati start off as a group of educates in Ancient Greece? I thought they were disciples of Minerva who pursued scientific knowledge without the persecution of religion or society?

Fair enough I just assumed that it was Masonic, I saw the red and big cloaks with hoods and thought that was what Kubrick was trying to depict.

Any theories on the cult or group of the Elite that Kubrick tried to depict in his movie?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by iRoyalty
Correct, however the leader seemed to be donning quite Masonic robes and some of the masks seemed quite Masonic (especially the owl mask).

When performing the Degrees we are typically in tuxedo and the officers never wear masks, I am not sure what would make either of those things Masonic.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Found some more interesting things. I don't think the Shining was just about Apollo 11. It seems that it's also about mind control and the elite..

Check out this picture. Ever heard of the Monarch project? It even seems a horned bull is behind these twins.. Molech?

Actually this whole Link is VERY interesting. Linky link
edit on 10/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Didn't the illuminati start off as a group of educates in Ancient Greece?
No. Again, it started May 1st, 1776 in Ingolstadt, a few thousand years after Ancient Greece.

I thought they were disciples of Minerva who pursued scientific knowledge without the persecution of religion or society?
If you can find any historic record of such a group existing, I'd love to see it. In my 20+ years of research on the topic, I've never come across proof of such a claim.

Any theories on the cult or group of the Elite that Kubrick tried to depict in his movie?
I would say Kubrick wasn't trying to depict any specific cult or group. He was filming his own adaptation of Schnitzer's Dream Story, perhaps inspired by having seen the 1969 german TV version of the same story.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You've had me Kubrick obsessed all day so I was looking around and found a longer version of the video you posted. The part about the shining is really just about half of it. The video starts right off talking about Apollo and stanley,

Shows how it all may have been faked. The last 3 parts are where the video you posted starts off.

Just search:

"Secrets Hidden In Films Of Stanley Kubrick 1 - 5"
on
Diclose TV

I go back and forth on the moon fakery. I am leaning much further towards a fake apollo program than toward a real one at this point.
edit on 10/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

So that last post of mine showed the first video in a series..

Found a link for the second video here:

Kubrick_Part2.flv - 215.8 MB

So far he is talking about "The Great Work" being encoded into Kubrick's films.. We all know what "The Great Work" is.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Very fascinating video! The shinning, one of those movies where I got something out of it each time I saw it. Now 15 years later I get something totally new. I had always wondered about the bears, and that Apollo 11 sweater that Danny wore. More over, never did figure out the last part with the picture frame and the note in the hand.

Symbols contain so much information. And this may take some time to process for me, but over all, was well worth the time watching the video. Thanks for posting!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This must be getting a lot of exposure right now, because there's actually a whole article about movie symbolism and the documentary "Room 237" at this link, featured on the front page of, honest to god, ESPN.com right now! The article includes both those youtube clips from the first page and a clip about Eyes Wide Shut that talks about the illuminati. This on the front page of a disney-owned, mainstream sports website.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Kubrick knew what he was doing haha. I've been looking for symbolism in Barry Lyndon, but hell if I can find anything!

You know, I've never seen Barry Lyndon, but when I read the synopsis of it a few years ago I was struck by the idea that it's about JFK and his murder conspiracy (and not just because of the name Lyndon). I can't remember the details now, but did anyone else think of that?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Oh never mind, I just read that Barry Lyndon was a book long before Kennedy was born

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Oh never mind, I just read that Barry Lyndon was a book long before Kennedy was born
That's OK, Eyes Wide Shut was a book long before Kubrick was born...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Your welcome, I'm glad I'm getting some thoughts out in the open since Kubrick is slowly becoming an obsession for me!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Depends how similar the book is to the movie, I think we can all agree that Stephen king wasn't trying to tell us something about Apollo 11!
Kubrick changed a lot of the film to implement his symbolism. In fact I liked Kurbricks message to King in the movie with the wrecked red VW, definitely shows that Kubrick was purposefully making a lot of changes.
edit on 19-10-2012 by iRoyalty because: F. You grammar!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by zysin5

Your welcome, I'm glad I'm getting some thoughts out in the open since Kubrick is slowly becoming an obsession for me!

Yea... Thanks for that.
Now I have the Kubrick virus too. I'm sick I tell ya.

to your other post. The Red VW..
I love that he did that. Even though he has to code everything he is saying he still left a message saying, this movie is not going to be what you think it is..

Love it.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I love Kubrick, I can watch his films over and over.....

It is a little frustrating though, that the links you provided are all blocked outside the US and I can't see them.....
So I appreciate those links here which are written material instead.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Jack Torrence was supposed to take care of the hotel until May 1st.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

www.youtube.com...

Don't know if this will work, worth a go though!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Thanks for the vid. Are a lot of things to be sure. Just not sure im buying it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join