I'll Never Watch a Kubrick Film The Same Again...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Recently found this video on youtube about Stanley Kubricks 'The Shining'. It has a interesting take on his use of symbolism, camera work and deliberate continuity errors. Perhaps revealing his involvement with the faking of the lunar landing and his possible affiliations with the 'Elite'.

After watching this video I was intrigued to see if the same symbology appeared in the rest of his works. I watched 'A Clockwork Orange' and was shocked at how many matching metaphors we're in this film.

But I'm curious to see if anyone on ATS has noticed anything else in any other Kubricks movies?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iRoyalty
symbolism, camera work and deliberate continuity errors. Perhaps revealing his involvement with the faking of the lunar landing and his possible affiliations with the 'Elite'.

How so?

The man was smart. I see many many hidden meanings in all he did.

What exactly points you to the moon?

Don't take my questions badly, I am actually wondering.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

seems every time I watch one of his

films I see another hidden layer...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
A space odyssey is another one chalk full of symbolism. (all his movies are but some more than others)
Whats creepier is how he tortured actors and actresses. The shining holds the record for most retakes on a non speaking scene and most retakes of any movie period. He is insanely attentive to every detail.
edit on 16-10-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: because

Edit: here he is in one of Cracked lovely countdowns where he had his secretary type up the entire ''all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy'' movie prop....Which just can't possibly be good for mental health.
linky
edit on 16-10-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: add

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

symbolism, camera work and deliberate continuity errors. Perhaps revealing his involvement with the faking of the lunar landing and his possible affiliations with the 'Elite'.

How so?

Watch the vid.. there is also another doc on The Shining being an expose in symbolism of the truth behind the moon mission and landing. There have been numerous discussions here concerning this over the yrs.. search and see some GREAT stuff

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There is a conspiracy theory that Kubrick was hired to shoot the moon landing footage.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There's an Alan Watt video somewhere on '2001' and the NWO on Youtube. Part of a 90 minute talk has a segment on it.

Very interesting stuff.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Ohhh...you will eat your heart out on Kubrick....and his films. There are so many speculations about the man and his work. There is a rumour going on that there is a relation between the first Apollo landing and his film "Barry Lyndon".

His name, his life, his work, his death...his everything is open for speculation.

If you are faxinated with the Apollo hoax and Kubrick this is a much watch:

edit on 16/10/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Jay Weidner has put together a trilogy called, 'Kubrick's Odyssey: Secrets Hidden in the Films of Stanley Kubrick'. Only the first two parts have been released so far and the third isn't that far off (I'm guessing). The first was called, 'Kubrick and Apollo'... the second part was called, 'Beyond the Infinite'.

You can get the information and can order both films HERE at Sacred Mysteries.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It's an interesting interpretation and all....

But nothing in hollywood can re-create the gravity on the Moon...other than CGI...which was clearly not used in the Apollo footage.

edit on 16-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fattyp
Jay Weidner has put together a trilogy called, 'Kubrick's Odyssey: Secrets Hidden in the Films of Stanley Kubrick'. Only the first two parts have been released so far and the third isn't that far off (I'm guessing). The first was called, 'Kubrick and Apollo'... the second part was called, 'Beyond the Infinite'.

You can get the information and can order both films HERE at Sacred Mysteries.

Thanks for being my brain. LOL! THIS is the docu I was talking about in my previous post : Kubricks Odyssey. I watched this and wow. Truthfully I scoffed at the whole idea of it .. and then watched this. I had some crow to eat on here afterward.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Working in an illusion based industry where part of our job is to try to figure out how other people are doing things with only access to videos... all the Myth Busters team has proven is their method didn't work.

That's of course not to say that's then proof the landings were hoaxed. But all that has been factually proven by Myth Busters is *their* methods didn't succeed and it's disingenuous for them or anyone else to assert anything further.

You want to put on a magic show? Have infinite budget? You don't hire a magician that only does tricks any magician can do... you hire the one who has a trick or two all the *other* magicians wish they knew.
edit on 16-10-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Kubrick knew what he was doing haha. I've been looking for symbolism in Barry Lyndon, but hell if I can find anything! Anybody have any insights or ideas on that movie? That's the one that makes it all fall apart for me..even with the special NASA lens or whatever he had to shoot it with. I don't see how that fits in.

And there is supposed to be like a half hour of deleted footage taken out of Eyes Wide Shut. That movie seems to tie it all together too.

And I bet A.I. would have been yet another turn of this Kubrick's cube.

The Kubrick conspiracy is one of my favorites--as well as Kubrick being my favorite film maker. But, I still wish I knew what he was trying to tell us haha. I think it's hard to tell if he was trying to say anything at all, but it's still an intriguing yarn to unravel!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

How so?

Very specific shots that have no relevance but are obviously purposeful. For example the launch pad patterns on the floor with the boy standing in the middle with an Apollo 11 sweater on. Watch the video, it's not 30 minutes you'll regret.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

I didn't find this video all that conclusive. It made some ok points, however the videos weren't that different when they were comparing. On top of this they did not have the funding and backing of the US government like Kurbrick would have had, also they do not have his film making genius! It's quite clear he put things in his movie that are so out of place, but put into a different context suddenly make so much sense. I would be open to other explanations, however I strongly believe Kubrick was genuinely upset about something to do with Apollo 11.

As a side note, I watched 'Eye's Wide Shut' last night. Unfortunately I was clutching at straws trying to find Apollo references, however, the references to the secret societies was insane! Now say Kubrick did pull the Apollo 11 landing off, naturally you'd like to think they let him into all the luxuries of the Elites, wined and dined him and kept him happy (After all they wouldn't want him spilling secrets).
Also interesting that they filmed the very eeire Masonic rituals at Mentmore manor, which was an estate of the well known Rothschild family, where it has been rumoured that Masonic rituals took place.
I believe this movie was a very real portrayal of the world Kubrick entered, and was subsequently rejected from.
Also quite interesting, Kubrick died only 4 days after the final cut of 'Eye's Wide Shut' (after it was HEAVILY cut by Warner Bros, which still produced a 2:40 long movie) Perhaps for revealing information? Which he mentioned in the film that his life was forfeit for revealing.
edit on 17-10-2012 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Also interesting that they filmed the very eeire Masonic rituals at Mentmore manor....

There was nothing Masonic about the orgy secens in the film which were actually filmed at Elveden. Only the exterior scenes were filmed at Mentmore.

edit on 17-10-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Very specific shots that have no relevance but are obviously purposeful. For example the launch pad patterns on the floor with the boy standing in the middle with an Apollo 11 sweater on. Watch the video, it's not 30 minutes you'll regret.

That's all I was looking for, but still it seems weak. I don't doubt it's possible it's just that it doesn't seem like anyone is at his level of hidden meanings, so unless it's more straight forward how do you know you are not just making it up?

I'm not new to this topic, and to the other poster I am not new to ATS. Ive seen those threads.

I guess what I am saying is that of all the secret meanings dealing with Life and Death, and Enlightenment I havn't noticed too much moon landing hoax bits.

I'll go watch.

EDIT:
Im at the apollo rocket on the boys shirt lifting off from the launchpad carpet part...

I didn't realize it as going to be this obvious. I take back what I said above.

I need to see this movie now. I never watched it cause my mom told me the book was way better, but then she burned the book she was so scared of it, so I never bothered haha.

edit on 10/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Also interesting that they filmed the very eeire Masonic rituals at Mentmore manor....

There was nothing Masonic about the orgy secens in the film which were actually filmed at Elveden. Only the exterior scenes were filmed at Mentmore.

Correct, however the leader seemed to be donning quite Masonic robes and some of the masks seemed quite Masonic (especially the owl mask).

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

See, he was definitely trying to point something out about Apollo, something upset him and there's something he was dying to say.

Also jokes about your mum burning the book! Haha

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Correct, however the leader seemed to be donning quite Masonic robes and some of the masks seemed quite Masonic (especially the owl mask).
Please tell me which Masonic degree uses an owl mask?

<<   2  3 >>

join