It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your heaven can be someone else's hell: My "Heaven"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'd like to know if there are any people that might agree with me on this. I'm agnostic but I'd like to believe there is something out there but I'm unsure whether it's wishful thinking or paranormal, because there are very odd things that happen...

Anyways, some people's idea of the Christian heaven sounds terrible. In my opinion, I don't see it is heaven to worship God for all eternity. I don't agree with reincarnation, I dislike not remembering anything or who I am for that matter. Heck, some atheists do not want an eternal heaven or to live repeatedly for eternity!

Why can't we just get our "personal" heavens that way everyone can be happy?

There's a reason why I suggest there might be our "own" heaven. Watch the documentary "The Day I Died" on YouTube. It's about near death experiences like Pamela Reynolds being able to recall a tool used on her at clinical death. A tool which she's never seen at all which baffled doctors. Many skeptics try to debunk this with their own theories but they are just theories. Fact is, NDE is still unexplainable by science...A scientist suggested a possible theory that these "information" or whatever scientific term you call it are held within the micro tubules of the brain which you can call your consciousness or soul if you will. Remember that our minds are very powerful and create what seems like our own reality to us. So if his theory is true, then we can "dream" or create our own heaven to live in with the ability to interact with other dreams or other consciousness. We could do whatever the heck we want.

If you're an atheist and you don't want that eternal living crap, then you can sleep forever in darkness and say wake up whenever you want to get that a rest.

If you're into reincarnation, why not be able to have the ability to experience life through another person's eyes, creature, or alien?

If you want to be a ghost and attach to earth, why the heck not?!

For me, all I care about is if heaven/after life is a place of awesomeness, adventure, exploring the universe, experiences, and wanting to get in touch with loved ones if I care to. I just want to remember it all and not forget. I think likely time will feel it doesn't exist, earthly needs might not exist, etc.

P.S. I disagree when people say with science "energy is neither created or destroyed but transferred" for faith.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Interesting thread and premise.

I think everyone's idea of heaven will be different. I agree, singing in a celestial choir for eternity doesn't sound appealing at all.

I guess it's one of those things we will discover for ourselves someday.

S&F

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelle21689
For me, all I care about is if heaven/after life is a place of awesomeness, adventure, exploring the universe, experiences, and wanting to get in touch with loved ones if I care to. I just want to remember it all and not forget. I think likely time will feel it doesn't exist, earthly needs might not exist, etc.

What gave you the idea that's not how most Christians view heaven? I've read probably ten books on heaven in the last couple of years, written by Christians, both speculative and NDE type of things, and they all pretty much describe it like this.

This one: IntraMuros by Rebecca Springer from 1898, is one of my favourites, particularly as it coincided, perfectly in a number of instances, with "impressions" that I received after my wife passed away in 2010 (found the book through a link here a couple of months ago, so the impressions didn't come from that.)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Old joke (can't remember where -- "Life In Hell" or Jack Handy's "Deep Thoughts"): Cat heaven is the same place as mouse hell. God is economical.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I thought one person's idea of heaven on Earth could be like a living hell to someone else. A common example is how I and several other guys are happy when the inside temperature in a building is in the 60's. Others say they are freezing. Another example is like when I go to church and the old priest and apparently a few other old folks there are happy with the temperature set close to 80. I'm burning up and it often makes me feel like a trip to hell is like going to church. On top of that the priest thinks he is like Jesus and everyone should wait for him. Then the priest talks about being insulted if you leave a place before he does. Let's think about this. The place feels like hell. The preist makes you feel bad if you leave early and he compares himself to Jesus who thought it best to serve and wait on others rather than to be waited on himself. On top of it all some people say church is supposed to be a joyous and happy place. I usually end up in pain, suffering, or need to take a shower after going to church. That's if I don't get sick from shaking someone's hands because sick people like to go to church and shake other's people's hands. Either they are evil or too stupid to realize that's a great way to get others sick. I lean towards them being either not too bright or not caring. So to answer the question, I do believe some people's idea of heaven can be like hell to others.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The truth is you don't have a choice. When you die you will go to the "city of common ground". Death follows life their is no heaven or hell each persons perception will be slightly different but logic follows and NDEs have told me the same things.

You did not pick where you were born what color u would be or what type of society or culture you were born into. Why would you believe you'd have any more choice or freedom in death?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

You say that NDEs tell you that. Many people who have had NDES have something similar (peace, love, time stopped) but it is always different and not the same as anyone else's. Which is why I think it's the possibility of heaven being your state of mind.

new topics

top topics

join