It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Vaccine shortage: Population Control or public paranoia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Did you ever think that the government has slowed or destroyed the production of the Flu vaccine in order to control the population? Or maybe this is just public paranoia taken to the next level. So what if some regular joe doesn't ge his/her flu shot. Leave it for the children, the elderly and people with chronic illness!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Conventional wisdom on the Flu Vaccine thing ...

The Flu vaccine shortage can be traced back to the Clinton's. Hillary was able to have 'price-caps' mandated which took away much of the profit incentive for Vaccine manufacturers.

Prior to the price caps, there were more than a dozen companies that made the Vaccines, but Hillary fixed it so the cost was caped and only so many doses would be purchased by the Government. For a few years, the companies made the vaccines, but ended up throwing away millions of doses each year with no compensation so they quit the making it as it wasn't profitable.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm not even worried. I've never had a flu shot, and last time I had the flu, if it indeed was the flu, I was like 1 year old.

My sister gets the flu if she gets the shot. My husband gets sick if he gets the shot. My son, who will be 3 next month, has never had the shot or the flu. I had him out and about when he was 6 DAYS old--and I'd had a C-sectin on top of that!

I question vaccines in general. I do agree with frequent hand-washing though--that's just common sense.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This morning I heard on the radio that the "Canadian task force on preventive health care" (whoever they are) suggests that physicians should "encourage all their patients - sick and healthy - to get an annual flu shot".

Well, for the last two years I have received the flu shot (through a clinic my employer puts on) and ended up sick soon after - both times.

When I questioned my physician, he stated he ended up sick and has stopped getting the shot himself.

Based on the last two years - I for one will be passing on a flu shot!

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
How about neither population control or public paranoia, but public greed and that biological need to self protect.

So many people are all freaked out about the flu shot that have never had one in their lives, and are getting all worked up because they can't have one. As soon as you tell a child they can't have something, they want it more.

It's not really a presidential responsibility to buy flu shots. We didn't make it here because it's not profitable and its anyones guess how many people will actually want to get a shot. Millions of doses get wasted, so no company here really wants the hassle. Clinton, Bush, Kerry who cares when it comes to the flu vaccine.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think it could could possibly be population control, its a logical explanation
for the goverments corruption. But, if your the non-paranoinia goverment, liberal loving simpleton, it could be a scare or financial problem which dates back to Clintons reign over the US.

~Master Shake has HALO 2.....losers.~

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm not gonna step into whatever may or may not be going on with the flu shots but every year there seems to be some issue with them.

All I know is that, of my close friends who all get flu shots, all get sick sometime. I've never had one I can remember.....I get sick so rarely I see no reason to get on. I think I was 7 last time I got any significant flu type symptoms.

Cameron

top topics

join