It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama doesn't like People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
it's stunning.

it's like garbagemen not liking garbage and rotting vegetables.

yet they pick it up.

unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yeah right.

Obama is so enlightened, when he comes down from Mt. Olympus to deal with us mere mortals, he can't even show empathy to a mother whose son was just killed in Libya. That would distract him from his enlightened thoughts.
edit on 16-10-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The truth is, Obama doesn’t call anyone, and he’s not close to almost anyone. It’s stunning that he’s in politics, because he really doesn’t like people. My analogy is that it’s like becoming Bill Gates without liking computers.”

As much as I do not like Obama what the hell does he carry his blackberry around for?

The truth is:

Obama doesn't like anyone who doesn't vote for him.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Obama is fully engaged when he's discussing any beef between Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey. Or when he's talking about his favorite soup on Pimp with a Limp radio show but not so much when he's engaging a mother whose son died in Libya.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Mr. Confusion here again. I need some help with your post.

He does not allow rules or tradition prevent dreaming up a new way forward.
Does that mean he has dreamed up a new way forward? What is it? And by "rules," do you mean he's not hampered by following laws?

How do you communicate with people who have such a narrow agenda driven concept of reality that they cannot let go and explore possibilities without attempting to hijack the conversation.
Well, if he wants to be re-elected he'd better do some communicating. If he wants a law passed, he needs to communicate with Congress. If he can't figure out how to do those things he will be ineffective or a dictator. Right now it's not clear which will be his ultimate path.

This isn't a popularity contest, nor is it a traditional workplace.
Isn't it a popularity contest? I would suspect that a president who is hated will get little accomplished except by ordering people around.

Fact is if I were in Obama's position I wouldn't call anyone who wasn't really trying to solve the countries problems, versus promoting an agenda.
Really? If I was an enlightened thinker who was dreaming up new ways forward, I'd spend most of my time talking to people who were standing in the way. Persuading them, making deals if necessary. If a major opponent of my new way forward said he'd back me if I kissed his dog, I'd pucker up. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't any enlightened thinker?

He may be an "enlightened thinker," whatever that means, but if he can't connect his thinking to the real world through people he won't be of much use.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Exactly. And, as a Liberal, it makes me kind of nauseous to see that. Obama must have some kind of actual opinion about something somewhere, but he's so busy calculating politics that he never actually says anything. He never takes a stand. He never puts his foot down. He waffles on everything for a while, and then caves. He's the worst kind of politician -- the "please everybody" politician. It's disgusting.

I understand he'd be painted as a radical Communist if he went full-blown Liberal. The thing is, he's painted as a Communist ANYWAY! He might as well at least BE the Liberal bogey-man he's accused of being.

I'm really kind of sick of watching Obama wring his hands and sweat instead of standing up and saying "Yeah. That's what I believe, and that's what I'll do." It's always "well uhh ... I uhh I don't think we should uhhh.. blah blah blah." Jesus. Even the screwballs in the right wing would give him more respect if he'd at least stand up for himself and his beliefs. But I guess he'd have to make some kind of definitive statement about who he is and what his beliefs are in the first place.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
Obama is fully engaged when he's discussing any beef between Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey. Or when he's talking about his favorite soup on Pimp with a Limp radio show but not so much when he's engaging a mother whose son died in Libya.

This is exactly how aspergers behave. They do not get emotional in a way people normally do ( don´t even know what normal is ), it doesn´t mean they don´t have feelings, everyone has feelings. The way they experience their feelings is different. Aspergers are clumpsy in showing feelings and clumpsy in motor skills.
Issues and hobbies they feel close to their heart and have a passion with can actually drive others to nuts when they speak with a lot of devotion and maybe even hours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join