It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama doesn't like People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm not surprised to hear this because contrary to what they claim, liberals are intolerant to people who don't walk in lockstep with their ideology.

Some of the nastiest people are liberals. Bill Maher, Michael Moore or Janeane Garofalo. They think people that don't see things their way are just stupid and a waste of space.

Here's what an aide saide about Obama.

Neera Tanden, a former aide to both Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, had this to say about the relationship of the two presidents:

"Clinton, being Clinton, had plenty of advice in mind and was desperate to impart it. But for the first two years of Obama’s term, the phone calls Clinton kept expecting rarely came. “People say the reason Obama wouldn’t call Clinton is because he doesn’t like him,” observes Tanden. “The truth is, Obama doesn’t call anyone, and he’s not close to almost anyone. It’s stunning that he’s in politics, because he really doesn’t like people. My analogy is that it’s like becoming Bill Gates without liking computers.”

It's a revealing statement from Tanden, who "served as senior advisor for health reform at the Department of Health and Human Services, advising Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and working on President Barack Obama’s health reform team in the White House to pass the bill," according to her bio at the Center for American Progress. She is currently president and CEO of the liberal organization.

www.weeklystandard.com...

I'm not surprised.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This makes perfect sense, and I'm not being sarcastic.

It's kind of evident in the way Obama enjoys speaking to "A Crowd," and is (fairly) good at that, but he sucks enormous balls when it comes to talking to "A Person." Slow, stuttery, visibly uncomfortable. In every one-on-one encounter I've seen him in, even the most polished and post-edited ones, he clearly would rather be somewhere else.

That doesn't necessarily make him a bad person, or even a bad president. But it does explain the weird disconnect between "Stump Speech Obama" and "Debate Obama."

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's all right talking to people as long as you don't let them get ahold of the conversation. Seems like more guys are interested in boosting their testosterone levels than discussing real politics.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Maybe he has high functioning Asperger, it doesn´t mean he is heartless, just wants his own space.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
He likes talking to a crowd because it makes HIM feel important to HIMSELF and HE feels good when he does it.
Narcissism 101.

He comes off as a burn out in interviews.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Yeah I can't find anything to disagree with in this statement.

I voted for Obama.

But I did it knowing full well that I was voting for the president I wish Obama was, not the president he is.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

People don't like people.

That's just the way it is and always will be.

The human condition.

MR

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

We'll see if this theory plays out tonight.

If he stutters and does the uh's and umm's constantly...he's toast.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Keep in mind, Obama is not real. We all asked him for a birth certificate and where did that go? If you want to use a false flag like 12/21/12 then why not put an actual puppet in place... anyway Obama gets re-elected .. its funny how many of you forget what republicans do when they are in office and when democrats come in to fix the mess, its all their fault. Wake up.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red

People don't like people.

That's just the way it is and always will be.

The human condition.

MR

I LOVE people.

But I do have a plan to kill them if need be...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

Good point. It's like when Obama was hugging the State Dpartment mother whose son died. She said Obama was looking off into the distance and it was worthless. Here's the video of Pat Smith whose son Sean Smith was killed in Benghazi, Libya.

At the 2:25 mark she says:

At first I was so proud because they were treating me so nice when I went to that reception. They all came up to me and talked to me and everything. I cried on Obama’s shoulder. And he — then he’d kind of looked off into the distance. So that was worthless to me.

Here's the video:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Here is a recent statement by the Presidents former aide apologizing for what she said; and clarifying what she really ment.

www.theatlanticwire.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Obama's fortune is based on speaking to crowds and he made a career out of it. From community organizer to POTUS.

This is the real Obama as described by his own staffer. It speaks volumes about his "emptiness."

"I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE"

-BO
edit on 16-10-2012 by alternateuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Here is a recent statement by the Presidents former aide apologizing for what she said; and clarifying what she really ment.

Opps! Careful tossing around those rocks in a glass house.

Sounds to me like she was threatened.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The unfortunate thing is Obama's actual dream job, if it is in the government at all, is probably as a high-ranking bureaucratic. Secretary of Ums and Buts, maybe. But not President.
edit on 16-10-2012 by vexati0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with introverts.

I would imagine a lot of people on ATS are introverted being conspiracy theorists and all.

edit on 16-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I agree. My opinion of Obama is that he is an enlightened thinker. He does not allow rules or tradition prevent dreaming up a new way forward. This makes it hard to cope with other people who are traditionalist and only perceive reality inside the box they live in. How do you communicate with people who have such a narrow agenda driven concept of reality that they cannot let go and explore possibilities without attempting to hijack the conversation.

I personally do not blame Obama for calling people to shoot the BS with them to maintain a relationship. This isn't a popularity contest, nor is it a traditional workplace. Those people complaining seem to think they might be important enough to hang out, or get the inside word on Obama thoughts. Fact is if I were in Obama's position I wouldn't call anyone who wasn't really trying to solve the countries problems, versus promoting an agenda.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I have trouble reconciling that.

First, she says this:

It’s stunning that he’s in politics, because he really doesn’t like people.

Then she says that what she really meant was this:

I was trying to say how President Obama, who I admire greatly, is a private person, but I deeply regret how I said it.

Look at that:
he really doesn’t like people / is a private person

She regrets how she said it???

I think that she was made to regret saying it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
There is nothing wrong with introverts.

I would imagine a lot of people on ATS are introverted being conspiracy theorists after all.
edit on 16-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

I agree in principle, but in practice-This is America. You know how stupid we are here. If you aren't chatty and love to be social at all time while walking around with a fake smile on your face then something must be wrong with you. Much like Obama, I don't like people either. I love my family and the few close friends I have, but the rest of you? Sorry, I'm not likely to enjoy talking to you. Social functions wear me out, trying to pretend to be an extrovert wears me out and I'm sure it's the same for everyone else who is forced to pretend in our society.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

The problem is that as the standards for what the average person is supposed to be decline, the standards for what makes an effective politician climb -- especially a president. Obama would be an outstanding late 19th/early 20th Century president: pleasantly aloof and thoughtful, but decisive when necessary, and able to deliver a moving speech. Unfortunately this isn't that era, and these days a president must be photogenic, telegenic, personable and brilliant politically and strategically. See: Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join