It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Takes Benghazi Blame, While Obama Pays Off Her '08 Campaign Debt! Hmmm...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton, yesterday, stated that in regard to security lapses in the Benghazi consulate terrorist attack...the buck stops with her...and goes no higher.

Many believe that she is taking 'the fall' in order to protect president Obama.

So, one might speculate:

What WOULD the price be for volunteering to take responsibility for the Obama administration's abominable security lapses (which undoubtedly played a role in the resulting brutal Benghazi consulate murders)...in order to buy some brief political cover for Barack Obama just weeks before the election?

From The New York Times:

Obama Campaign Raises Money for Hillary Clinton

Four years ago, the Obama fund-raising machine worked to bury Hillary Rodham Clinton. Now his contributors are opening their wallets for her. Obama campaign officials have asked the president’s elite donors and fund-raisers to donate to Mrs. Clinton’s defunct presidential campaign committee, with the goal of retiring $245,000 in debt left over from her 2008 White House bid. As secretary of state, Mrs. Clinton is barred from engaging in political activity or actively fund-raising for herself.

In recent days, Mr. Barzun and Jane W. Stetson, the national finance chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, have both approached Obama donors seeking checks of $2,300 — the maximum allowable contribution in 2008 — to clear Mrs. Clinton’s debt. Ms. Stetson recently e-mailed members of the Democrats’ 400-person National Finance Committee seeking their help; they are the campaign’s elite “bundlers,” each committed to raising $350,000 for Mr. Obama.

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...
edit on 16-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Explanation: S&F!

Oh Hillary ... You WHORE!

Oh Obama ... You PIMP!

Personal Disclosure: Bill ... wake up!

Now is your chance to get even for being made to sleep on the couch!

What do all their daughters think of this?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
"Abonimable?"

Uhh... that article is from April, 2012. Are you saying that Obama can predict the future?

edit on 16-10-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
.....Wow.

But I would not at all be surprised. In the grand scheme of things, her personal sacrifice would end up being a tiny price to pay for generations of contributors' efforts.

Still, though. WOW, if true...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I have a completely sincere question on this that stands out strongly as I read the story. Why would Hillary Clinton care about $245,000 to make any difference for how she would choose to handle a situation? Particularly one of this magnitude? I know that is a LOT of money to any of us normal people. To her though?

Clinton delivered 54 paid speeches in 2011, roughly the same as his 2010 workload, but the marked increase in income can be credited to six overseas events that earned him the largest single paydays of his career.

The most lucrative was a November speech in Hong Kong to Swedish-based telecom giant Ericsson -- $750,000. Clinton also earned $700,000 for a March speech to a local newspaper publishing company in Lagos, Nigeria, and $550,000 for a November speech to a business forum in Shanghai, China. He earned $500,000 apiece for three events in Austria and Holland in May and in the United Arab Emirates in December.
Source

Bill Clinton can command as much as 3x's that number for just speaking his mind and sharing his opinions on whatever topic the audience has asked him there to hear about.

So, really..no debate even intended here. Am I missing something in campaign law or otherwise which would prevent Hillary or Bill from just writing a personal check for the amount and depositing it to wherever that debt is kept? It seems like pennies on the dollar as a price to sell herself for....given the context of money in her world?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

"Abonimable?"

Uhh... that article is from April, 2012. Are you saying that Obama can predict the future?

Uhh..."Abominable"; check your spelling.
I'm saying...that Hillary Clinton is definitely in Obama's debt!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
why would hilary do this without any one pointing too many fingers at her yet, while eric holder had citizens and congress breathing down his neck and he didn't take one for the pres. ??

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Now we know the price of 4 dead Americans, that should have never happened...if this story is accurate...

Des

edit on 16-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Probably because Fast & Furious isn't having a negative effect on Obama's campaign...where Benghazi IS.
Remember, Hillary only accepted 'responsibility'.
She can later pass off fault to an underling 'scapegoat' in the State Dept.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

"Abonimable?"

Naah..its 'Obaminable'

Here's a link to Hillary's speech in 2008.
YT_LINK
edit on 16-10-2012 by hp1229 because: add/edit content

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

"Abonimable?"

Naah..its 'Obaminable'

Wish I'D have thought of that one!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

"Abonimable?"

who gives a crap how it's spelled?

No... that's not what you said. "while Obama pays off her 08 campaign" The fact is that you didn't bother to check the article date before you posted this thread and now you have egg on your face. You've been called out.... now you're back peddaling. Why not just admit that your assumption was wrong and go on with your life? Instead of acting like you meant something else and making yourself look even more like a tool than previously.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I stand by everything I said in my thread.
Hillary Clinton is in debt to Obama. He is paying off her '08 campaign debt...and she owes him.

Hillary may say the buck stops with her...but her debt stops with Obama!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Blarneystoner

I stand by everything I said in my thread.
Hillary Clinton is in debt to Obama. He is paying off her '08 campaign debt...and she owes him.

Hillary may say the buck stops with her...but her debt stops with Obama!

Pfft... that's a relief. I was afraid you would change your mind after being proven wrong.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Apparently, Obama has been paying off Hillary's '08 campaign debt since '08; helping to raise over $25 million.
If THAT doesn't mean she owes him BIG, I don't know what does.

Quid pro quo?

As the N.Y. Daily News reports, Clinton's $22 million in campaign debts (a good chunk of it owed to herself), has somehow now turned into some $3+ million in cash on hand and still growing, some in her old Senate fund and some in her defunct presidential campaign warchest.

Obama appealed to his supporters to help her pay off the millions she spent unsuccessfully running him down in the spring of 2008 before giving up her $250 million effort that June.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

And as of a day ago, Hillary's '08 campaign is still in debt.

Democrat Hillary Clinton’s 2008 presidential committee still owes political consulting firm Penn Schoen Berland $73,000 for polling and mail services. Read more: www.politico.com...

www.politico.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Has this administration taken ownership for anything???

This is just another pathetic chapter is the glossy rag that is the Obama Administration tome of SHAME!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

beezzer, Obama has no shame...and plenty of blame (for everyone, but himself).

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Man... you are really stretching it...

From the article you posted originally:

It is not unusual for victors to help their former opponents pay down campaign debts: Mitt Romney and his family made contributions this year to the campaign committee of Tim Pawlenty, for example, after Mr. Pawlenty dropped out and endorsed Mr. Romney.

...that's ok. You're entitled to believe what you want to believe, even if it IS horse hockey.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

beezzer, Obama has no shame...and plenty of blame (for everyone, but himself).

The liberal ideology can be summed up in one word.

Victimisation.

Everyone is a victim.
Not working? You're a victim, blame someone else.
Economy bad? Poor Obama, he's just a victim of evil George Bush.
Domestic policy fail? Victim of racism!
Bengazi? Obama is a victim of poor intelligence, it's someone elses fault.

Victimhood. It is never your fault if you are a victim! So you can walk away clean because it is always someone elses fault.

Pathetic!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by IAMTAT

Now we know the price of 4 dead Americans, that should have never happened...if this story is accurate...

Des

edit on 16-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Actually, not only is the story accurate, but the actual price could be closer to $25 million.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join