It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who owns your politician? Find out here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I found a cool website that allows you to find out which big corporations, banksters or special interest groups own your politician.

Who Bought Your Politician? Check With Our Embeddable Widget

Its pretty easy to use; just click on your state and scroll down the list on the side and click on the name of your representative. It will take you to a page showing the candidate's rank and the total amount they collected from contributors. One more click on "top ten contributors" on the top left and it gives you a list of who bought your politician and how much they paid for them.

Pretty cool, huh?

Here's my rep:

Allyson Schwartz (D)

University Of Pennsylvania $13,900
Berger & Montague $13,800
Blank Rome $11,250
Morris Iron And Steel $10,000
Comcast $7,750
Pilot Freight Services $7,500
Morgan Lewis and Bockius LLP $7,500
Llr Partners $7,000
Credit Renaissance Partners $6,500
morgan lewis llc $5,650

Schwartz

Its almost as good as making them all wear Nascar sytle jackets.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That's awesome.

There's this woman running for gov here and she's been playing the "just one of you" blue-collar game to pander to the unions and the working class concerned over jobs.

She's gotten over a million in contributions and her biggest is the ivy league university her husband works for. It's worth noting the university puts them up in an on-campus mansion.

She's just like you and me.
Gotta love it.
edit on 16-10-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Nice find. I wonder how accurate it is.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Looks like nobody cares enough to give my Rep much.
Either that, or he's a cheap date.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wow, do I love this thread!! However, I cannot get the darn thing to work!! I, too, am from Pennsylvania. I can call up Pennsylvania, but when I type a name in the box, nothing happens.
Oh, well, I will pass it on to others anyway, in the hope they can make the widget work...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

There's also a list on the right you can scroll down 'till you find your rep's name. That's how I found mine.

I think someone needs to create an app connected to this one where you select your rep and it pastes their head onto a blank NASCAR uniform, then you select from an assortment of corporate logos to drag into place on their jumpsuit.

It would be family fun for hours.

top topics

join