It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking personal evaluations of the New age or Age of enlightenment? Input welcome.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

DJW001
hey thanks for taking time to read thru and get a better understanding of me and my thinking ( I know I can seem weird to some at times) .
I don't try to make it hard on any and defiantly do not distract from truth if I ever do intentionally in order to seem clever or better just here to learn and hopefully help others learn with the best knowledge 1 can use. See you in the space boards DJW001

NAMASTE*******

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Okay so all of the new age information derives from Alice Bailey who has connections to united nations ideology sector. And most books after that are all based on "channeled"information. I was fooled for quite a while but if you study the true nature of the universe its all in your thoughts. If you read some new age material and leave it open for possibility your letting your mind to percieve experiences through the concepts of the new age material. And it is nice to study peace and spirituality but dont let your apirituality fall victim to an agenda. Lucius trust and things like that. Im not christian or buddhist or anything but if you dig deep enough to the roots of new age, it starts to have a dark basis. You can believe in anythong you want. Just be smart and know where its coming from.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seymore1111
Okay so all of the new age information derives from Alice Bailey who has connections to united nations ideology sector. And most books after that are all based on "channeled"information. I was fooled for quite a while but if you study the true nature of the universe its all in your thoughts.

I am not sure if its all associated with Alice Bailey because many of the technics and medatitation practices are ancient before she was born in her current flesh. So not sure.

If you read some new age material and leave it open for possibility your letting your mind to percieve experiences through the concepts of the new age material. And it is nice to study peace and spirituality but dont let your apirituality fall victim to an agenda. Lucius trust and things like that.

Naw I dont plan to and have learned sometimes when seeking the cake it turns out to be a lie, so I dont seek any cake or deceptive gifts. I seek to help out the species of man wherever I feel I can why not forcing any to accept my sharings as subjective truth but may be close to subjective truth so something for the conscious minds to consider more less. I do however thank you for the warning though

Im not christian or buddhist or anything but if you dig deep enough to the roots of new age, it starts to have a dark basis. You can believe in anythong you want. Just be smart and know where its coming from.

If possible can you direct others and I to the more darker hidden roots related so to guide a bit. 1 has been programmed within the conscious to double and even triple check all encounters and scan their intents and potential agendas for flaw/deception/fear and as well has been taught how to deal with errors who seek to deceive 1 as they try and mask their true forms intents agendas, this is where the chameleon alert within me ancient brain comes in for 1 can mirror their energies and activities reflected upon 1 so returning whats distributed if that's the case or an eye for an eye energy more less is obtained within, thanks again for caring enough to remind 1 seymore1111

NAMASTE*******

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

From what I know, New Age believe in The White Light of Love.

People, do not get this confused with Lucifer (The White Light of Knowledge). It is both White Light but it is different as well, and one may seem cold while the other warm (Love), but they both are powers for its users.

As for UFOs and ALIENS , this is not MANDATORY to believe, you could just believe in spirits if you want.

Most Goddess like "Inana" , "Astarte" , "Venus" are actually the same ONE Goddess... Although somewhere down the line things got confusing and this "Goddess" had multiple names including Lucifer for some reason. She is ASSOCIATED with "Venus" and for some reason they apply the name Lucifer to Venus.

New Age is about cleaning SOUL (AURA) to be ONE with White Light (Creator - Love) and not get deceived by Darkness (Destruction) or Lucifer (White Light of Knowledge - without Love).

I don't know why New Age people say Hallelujah when that means "Praise Yah(weh)". And I don't understand why New Age people call on Elohim Angels (MichaEL, GabriEL) when they claim to not be Christian. Might as well be if they are praising the same Angels and Deities..

I really don't understand how a person can believe in a Creator AND that our souls are energy - when energy can't be created or destroyed. Energy just is. We are just eternal existence. I believe in "Being-ism" - that's the name I'd give it if I could label it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
*Egotistic

e·go·tist (g-tst, g-)
n.
1. A conceited, boastful person.
2. A selfish, self-centered person.

Adj. 1. egotistic - characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance
egotistical, narcissistic, self-loving
selfish - concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others; "Selfish men were...trying to make capital for themselves out of the sacred cause of civil rights"- Maria Weston Chapman
2. egotistic - characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance; "a conceited fool"; "an attitude of self-conceited arrogance"; "an egotistical disregard of others"; "so swollen by victory that he was unfit for normal duty"; "growing ever more swollen-headed and arbitrary"; "vain about her clothes"
self-conceited, swollen, swollen-headed, vain, conceited, egotistical
proud - feeling self-respect or pleasure in something by which you measure your self-worth; or being a reason for pride; "proud parents"; "proud of his accomplishments"; "a proud moment"; "proud to serve his country"; "a proud name"; "proud princes"

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Ego is a Latin word meaning "I", cognate with the Greek "Εγώ (Ego)" meaning "I", often used in English to mean the "self", "identity" or other related concepts.
Contents [hide]
1 In media and entertainment
2 In music
3 EGO
It may also refer to:
Ego, one of the three constructs in Sigmund Freud's structural model of the psyche
Ego (religion), as defined in various religions in relationship to self, soul etc.
Ego (spirituality), the "self", "self-concept", "false self", "conceptual identity", or identification with individual existence
In discussions of kinship systems, the person through which the relationship is traced

en.wikipedia.org...

[color=gold]

The elimination of the ego.
In past discussions I have tried to share how important it is to eliminate the ego. I kept getting different responses back like why, how, or you cannot eliminate the "I"? As I learn I agree you cannot eliminate the I or Ego because that's part of what makes you you. But what I think I was trying to say transmit but kept hitting the issue was to eliminate being egotistic to those around you who may not be as strong as you but look to you for strength and light to guide them and as long as your being egotistical you will never be able to help them because your conscious is stuck on self.. So I do apologize to ATS members who have read some of my responses to eliminate your egos.

The reason I was sharing to eliminate being egotistic was because I feel if you are really trying to advance your soul/spirit/internal energy then you have to free up space within the conscious sort of like memory on your computer hard drives to advance and being egotistic-hateful-fearful will slow down your process just like the hard drives slow when processing too much data. So I hope now this better clarifies what I was trying to convey in reference to egotistic behavior elimination and advancing your spirit more it seems logical that if you lose being egotistic that in return others may become more receptive to you. Others who you may see daily within the species who may feel your so big headed egotistic that they avoid you as well as others who may be here right now @ this moment not of this species of man sorta like Angels and may even be a advanced species Creator sent here as God sends to help you to advance but when they see you talk bad on part of your own species in any way form or even WAR within your own species they may back off until you are atoned enough from various experiences within your phases of life and death within existence until they feel you have learned and are receptive enough to their open presence ect. So this is why ATS member Ophiuchus 13 feels its no good to possess an egotistic conscious.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

edit on 10/17/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I agree that both are possible, but that was just an emphasis, on what truly opens the Chakras or truly raises the frequency to Love frequency.

I don't think we're going to other play pens when we get out. Progression IS infinite, so there are other levels, but the playpen to me is defined as being where duality is possible, ie. the extreme testing grounds, and probably on many layers at that, but still, I would call these playpens hellzones and or/purgatory zones. And while at lower levels of density, you may have limited consciousness, awareness and hence soul memories may be limited by the density, but I think earth type testing grounds are the only ones where you truly forget who you are, like temporary amensia.

So, these are the playpens to me, the forgetting aspect and the duality.

And the job is to go beyond these levels. I consider all the Love levels eutopias in comparison.

Your thread demonstrates the heart of all major religions and spiritual beliefs. And if one can get out of their body astrally, even lucid dream style which is more RV projection, they're on their journey towards the precious pearl. Or have found it.

Although in this realm, the precious pearl could be free, clean or very low cost energy.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

From what I know, New Age believe in The White Light of Love.

This is the first I have heard of this The white Light of love arpgme but from the context clues associated it seems like it would fit into the New Age spectrum as well...

Most Goddess like "Inana" , "Astarte" , "Venus" are actually the same ONE Goddess... Although somewhere down the line things got confusing and this "Goddess" had multiple names including Lucifer for some reason. She is ASSOCIATED with "Venus" and for some reason they apply the name Lucifer to Venus.

The issue with GODDess like Inana having multiple names 1 thinks is associated with those in the past who were the good mass teachers being overcame by mass controllers. And since those mass controllers followed a different agenda to control other then to teach/build
the accuracy in their text didn't afterwards matter as long as they were able to convince the masses of their deceptive agendas to control.

I also think Father Anu, Lord Enki -EA and Lord Enlil -LLU have had their names switched and altered thru the time loops of EA*RTH by the mass controllers who probably were so far from the original information sources they didn't believe anymore and felt they were ok to add fairy tales to the truth smh... Now we got today so many lost and confused, very sad

New Age is about cleaning SOUL (AURA) to be ONE with White Light (Creator - Love) and not get deceived by Darkness (Destruction) or Lucifer (White Light of Knowledge - without Love).

I don't know why New Age people say Hallelujah when that means "Praise Yah(weh)". And I don't understand why New Age people call on Elohim Angels (MichaEL, GabriEL) when they claim to not be Christian. Might as well be if they are praising the same Angels and Deities..

See that's the thing arpgme if the New Age is really a peaceful thing here to cleanse and advance then many who already exist and follow their various belief systems are not being told drop what you have been taught and follow. No its more of a approach like look here, this is what you have been taught all you life from this religion ect now recognize some of the taught data has truth within it but mass controllers got their hands on the data to deceive you and may have distorted the truth so use your more awakened self to determine valid and non valid data and advance with a more clear precise approach to your existence and the who Created you. Being like that will allow for many to still follow or accept their original beliefs and or GOD(S) but the New Age energy gives them light to see better what they are worshiping and helps their conscious along in the areas of unknown and unsure with scientific archaeological related data and as well provides information/data on the various religions of EA*RTH today and how they were and are anciently connected, so I can see how a New Age thinker would and still could worship their GOD(S) or invokataz Gabriel and Mikeal the human taught Angel/Guardians. They are not being told from my direction of New Age input to drop all past religious related positions of interest and worship and become a new religion called the New Age seems more like everyone is invited invitation response associated. So its up to those who seek more to accept the invitations not forcing them to accept this is it truth and nothing more.

I really don't understand how a person can believe in a Creator AND that our souls are energy - when energy can't be created or destroyed. Energy just is. We are just eternal existence. I believe in "Being-ism" - that's the name I'd give it if I could label it.

I can see how you do not understand that but consider this arpgme, energy cannot be created is something taught and based off of observations from Created energies or beings/creations trying to understand it. So who is to say the creator cannot Create energy? I mean I can turn a generator enough using my body energy in my arm and then transfer that arm turn into light energy within a house all based from my internal energy being broadcasted/sent out of my body thru arm to turn generator which then makes new energy of light for house. Why cannot the CEATOR be doing the same thing with us all arpgme? think about it my friend
Thank you arpgme for stopping in and sharing your vibrations and questions
much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Okay so all of the new age information derives from Alice Bailey who has connections to united nations ideology sector. And most books after that are all based on "channeled"information. I was fooled for quite a while but if you study the true nature of the universe its all in your thoughts. If you read some new age material and leave it open for possibility your letting your mind to percieve experiences through the concepts of the new age material. And it is nice to study peace and spirituality but dont let your apirituality fall victim to an agenda. Lucius trust and things like that. Im not christian or buddhist or anything but if you dig deep enough to the roots of new age, it starts to have a dark basis. You can believe in anythong you want. Just be smart and know where its coming from.
thats exactlly what i was mentioning about letting a parasite enter your mind and control your thoughts!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fight back

I understand

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
*Egotistic

e·go·tist (g-tst, g-)
n.
1. A conceited, boastful person.
2. A selfish, self-centered person.

Adj. 1. egotistic - characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance
egotistical, narcissistic, self-loving
selfish - concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others; "Selfish men were...trying to make capital for themselves out of the sacred cause of civil rights"- Maria Weston Chapman
2. egotistic - characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance; "a conceited fool"; "an attitude of self-conceited arrogance"; "an egotistical disregard of others"; "so swollen by victory that he was unfit for normal duty"; "growing ever more swollen-headed and arbitrary"; "vain about her clothes"
self-conceited, swollen, swollen-headed, vain, conceited, egotistical
proud - feeling self-respect or pleasure in something by which you measure your self-worth; or being a reason for pride; "proud parents"; "proud of his accomplishments"; "a proud moment"; "proud to serve his country"; "a proud name"; "proud princes"

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Ego is a Latin word meaning "I", cognate with the Greek "Εγώ (Ego)" meaning "I", often used in English to mean the "self", "identity" or other related concepts.
Contents [hide]
1 In media and entertainment
2 In music
3 EGO
It may also refer to:
Ego, one of the three constructs in Sigmund Freud's structural model of the psyche
Ego (religion), as defined in various religions in relationship to self, soul etc.
Ego (spirituality), the "self", "self-concept", "false self", "conceptual identity", or identification with individual existence
In discussions of kinship systems, the person through which the relationship is traced

en.wikipedia.org...

[color=gold]

The elimination of the ego.
In past discussions I have tried to share how important it is to eliminate the ego. I kept getting different responses back like why, how, or you cannot eliminate the "I"? As I learn I agree you cannot eliminate the I or Ego because that's part of what makes you you. But what I think I was trying to say transmit but kept hitting the issue was to eliminate being egotistic to those around you who may not be as strong as you but look to you for strength and light to guide them and as long as your being egotistical you will never be able to help them because your conscious is stuck on self.. So I do apologize to ATS members who have read some of my responses to eliminate your egos.

The reason I was sharing to eliminate being egotistic was because I feel if you are really trying to advance your soul/spirit/internal energy then you have to free up space within the conscious sort of like memory on your computer hard drives to advance and being egotistic-hateful-fearful will slow down your process just like the hard drives slow when processing too much data. So I hope now this better clarifies what I was trying to convey in reference to egotistic behavior elimination and advancing your spirit more it seems logical that if you lose being egotistic that in return others may become more receptive to you. Others who you may see daily within the species who may feel your so big headed egotistic that they avoid you as well as others who may be here right now @ this moment not of this species of man sorta like Angels and may even be a advanced species Creator sent here as God sends to help you to advance but when they see you talk bad on part of your own species in any way form or even WAR within your own species they may back off until you are atoned enough from various experiences within your phases of life and death within existence until they feel you have learned and are receptive enough to their open presence ect. So this is why ATS member Ophiuchus 13 feels its no good to possess an egotistic conscious.

edit on 10/17/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

it's not that i don't understand the EGO but i doubt we should get rid of our personnality!

Getting rid of EGO signal an alarm bell in my mind! (you know submition). Yes yes, the constant of the universe is change, but it dosn't mean that you should kill the EGO. just don't let it be attached too much on PERCEPTIONS. Train your EGO to be more ballanced between perception and feelings! TO me ballance is the key! Everything is for a reason, nothing needs to be deleted.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain."
Joseph Campbell
1904-1987, Author and Lecturer

20 Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. 21 A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. 22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. 23 In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.
~ John 16:20-24

Whoever completes the circle of joy helps to bring in the new age, which is an age of both reason and spirit, and of the spirit of man and God conjoined in deep, participatory co-creation aka koinonia.

It's not about plaidians or UFO's or even angels, but of man finding at last his place in the creation, even as the crowning jewel of the crowning glory of the creation in receipt at last of an inheritance prepared for us from the time before time.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

I don't think we're going to other play pens when we get out. Progression IS infinite, so there are other levels, but the playpen to me is defined as being where duality is possible, ie. the extreme testing grounds, and probably on many layers at that, but still, I would call these playpens hellzones and or/purgatory zones. And while at lower levels of density, you may have limited consciousness, awareness and hence soul memories may be limited by the density, but I think earth type testing grounds are the only ones where you truly forget who you are, like temporary amensia.

I see now you mention duality being related to playpens ect because we are not fully ourselves somewhat segmented here and elsewhere and outside the playpens even if more ascension processes are to occur you feel that no other ascension process will have a similar duality of higher self and body associated with them like here on the EA*RTH where we seem to have to work extra hard to get those hidden memories/data carried by the EA*RTH material dna and by the higher self conscious connection. I wonder Unity_99 as I sit here processing this is there another reason to experience duality where the soul is separate from the body most of the time during what is called being alive on another existence plane. I can see where your coming from because here in this school we are learning what we should need to know to advance our true form over all in a positive direction and until you do learn you stay here until you learn, so there should be no more need to experience other duality lives within the life and death phases of existence like here on EA*RTH, makes sense.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fight back
it's not that i don't understand the EGO but i doubt we should get rid of our personnality!

I agree now with this no it the eo should not be eliminated in my past I thought there was no need for ego b tI was combining understandings of ego and egotistic together but better understand what my issue was when I would get responses like you cant delete ego
lol im still learning too

Originally posted by fight back
Getting rid of EGO signal an alarm bell in my mind! (you know submition). Yes yes, the constant of the universe is change, but it dosn't mean that you should kill the EGO. just don't let it be attached too much on PERCEPTIONS. Train your EGO to be more ballanced between perception and feelings! TO me ballance is the key! Everything is for a reason, nothing needs to be deleted.

Train the ego to be more balanced so it can recognizes what its perceiving trying to understand and feeling/senses. Very strong positive informaiton here fight back
this is some of the data I like seeing in this thread. Nice

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Brown Bear
Wow, a very impressive academic effort. I'm not sure it's worth the effort but I'm curious about where you think you go from here?

Well to 1 as long as 1 more light has had their conscious scrubbed of doubt or questions unanswered to allow for clarity and reception then the effort was worth the energy. @Where do I think I go from here
well depends on the Creator and my experiences during this phase of existence. So I think I would be or go where my soul/spirit/internal energy resides as of now. So my EA*RTH material flesh can perhaps parish and return back from where it was borrowed but me the higher self flesh guide is where I am as I use the consciousness conduit to access the flesh mind/brain to type to you now
I may be near your higher self its just somehow many are sleeping and not saying you are or forgot whats going on like playing a video game & being hypnotized to believe your within it why at the same time forgetting your holding the controls outside the tv set...

Somewhat emphasizes that for many the Path to Enlightenment begins with Knowledge but eventually ends with an understanding of the "impossibility of Knowledge" and finally finishes (this phase) with an understanding of the expression that One is "too much in the mind."

not processing well please re respond?

Can you state your point(s) and question(s) in a clear manner so us simple folk can understand? And please don't drown me with words. Please keep it simple.

Please let me know if I didn't present in a clear enough manner to allow for a receptive effect Brown Bear
thanks for taking time to add some input and questions within the thread.

NAMASTE*******

I'm asking you to focus your thoughts and tell me the point or points that you're attempting to make? The same for any questions for which you may be seeking answers? In as few words as possible please.

Many perceive that the Seeker makes a Journey with one starting point being the Path of Knowledge and I presumed by your compilation of other peoples academics that you were embroiled (or stuck) at this point... and thus I asked you "what/where next?"

If your goal is "Enlightenment" where are you in relation to reaching that goal? And again I ask, "what next?" Where next. What's your point and your goal? Is there a Path before you?

Your opinions appear richly endowed with New Age concepts. Are you aware of that, and if so, are you satisfied with New Age movements?

And finally, filled with knowledge as you appear to be, what do you think of it? Have you really learned anything?

edit on 17-10-2012 by Brown Bear because: add context

edit on 17-10-2012 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I'm asking you to focus your thoughts and tell me the point or points that you're attempting to make? The same for any questions for which you may be seeking answers? In as few words as possible please.

STO Services To Others. I recognize souls here beings taken advantage of so I try to help with what minimal resources such as interwebs broadcast networks like ATS or FB.

If your goal is "Enlightenment" where are you in relation to reaching that goal? And again I ask, "what next?" Where next. What's your point and your goal?

In relation to reaching enlightenment gained hmm I think internally consciously you don't know when you do unless your seeking something special that cake ... thats a lie you now. It seems you can only get a little verification of your progress from time to time by the effects you see in responses from others who interact with you here in this dimension and elsewhere in the cosmos even.

As far as whats next for me if I reach the goal its probably still going to be STO related just not so held back like here with a situation like Fukushima where all I can do is concentrat my vibrations in that sector and consciously try to assist metaphysically either by asking for assistance form beings who can help or by causing actual effects within the 3d EA*RTH reach via mind manifestation advance skill level. On an ascended level I would of eating or absorbed the radiation from Fukushima or the GOM leak I would of frozen all the oil plugged the hole and then faded back into a dimension away from here but accessible to here as well as still observing here or another realm in need if not needed here any more. You figure angels came before humans in creation process and some obtain responsibility STO to assist mankind or to guide mankind in the positive direction. Knowing this that those eternal beings tend to help out here 1 cannot really see another where point to far from where I am now and may have been in far past time loops.

Your opinions appear richly endowed with New Age concepts. Are you aware of that, and if so, are you satisfied with New Age movements? And finally, filled with knowledge as you are, what do you think of it? Have you really learned anything?
edit on 17-10-2012 by Brown Bear because: add context

I have learned from some different sources some how the New age label has been placed upon 1 lol but I dont mind as it does seem like a positive overall energy associated with less religious control and force and more seek gather learn share enlighten others and lets all advance. So I don't see to much wrong with the New age movement if its a movement at all and not part of the human dna upgrade process guided by those GOD(s) sends many have spoken of in ancient times Brown Bear. I hope I have clarified better for you my intents and non agenda its bigger then me.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Great post!

A friend and I studied meditation and spirit healing last year and at first I knew nothing about it but as we read more about it practiced it we became full on spiritualist! We are still learning I am looking into Crystals and how they have healing powers now its amazing what they can do.

If we teach every 8 year old how to meditate all the wars and hate would be abolished in one generation
-Dali Lama.

Again thank you for this info.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
"Age of enlightenment" or "New Age" translated = overbloated present day selfish high and mighty human beings whos generation believes that some awakening will occur during their time on Earth.

I mean hey, I am all for positive thought, Universal law and getting in touch with your inner being or self, but it's kind of arrogant to assume that some kind of life changing event will happen during whoever's life time.

I am sure many generations had the misconceived notion that they were some how more special than earlier humans but the truth of the matter is that we are all the same until Aliens arrive, a comet hits Earth or The Sun blows up. Course, That's one Man's opinion. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

This is all great.
Got something to contribute on the Ego.. some (inherited) beliefs of mine...

Firstly there should be a distinction between the Ego, the Essence and the Personality.

The essence is our inherit traits which we acquire at birth- they enable the path of the the new individual.
The personality develops as we age, important in your current life, but lost at death. A reincarnation does not retain any personality. We all return (until we take the light back to the source, our mission, then we may choose Nirvana or helping others).

The goal here is complete consciousness on all planes (ethereal, astral, etc but first the material..).

To be conscious of ourselves in the material we must be self conscious of ourselves, remembering ourselves at all times, not getting caught up in objects and circumstance (or even placing value upon objects based on sentiments..) Rather one should see themselves from an universal perspective, faced with quite trivial materiality.

The ego should be done away with entirely, thus allowing a truer consciousness (closer to the being), and a true understanding of what to do and how to act, a pathway opens..
The ego may be thought of as a number of disagreeing I's, one I might want something, then an hour later a whole new I has taken over, disagreed with the previous I and has made new decisions. Like the man who, loves a woman one day, but not the next..
A persons' ego may be regarded as the legion of I's See- en.wikipedia.org...(demon) (cant get direct link- follow this link, then make sure it says wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_(demon). Underscore and brackets..

The legion must be done away with..

A kind of disclaimer: Karma must be on your side- do on earth, as (you would expect) in heaven.

Love

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha What a joke. I encourage you on your Path but if you're serious about this stuff then you really need to get serious about it. There is much at stake (more than you know) and you are clearly delusional on nearly every level.

If I were you I'd learn how to shut my mouth... your Ego is working overtime to prove how little you know about the Spiritual Path (and how little progress you've made on it) and as one can see from most of the responses, all you've managed to do is attract other bottom fish along with their opinions.

Like attracts like. Does 'the blind leading the blind' mean anything to you? You "assume" that you are a one-eyed man but clearly are not.

You think you're helping people? Your Ego is as delusional and as lost as everybody else. I suggest you help yourself first because you're a long way away from being able to do either, and your voluminous opinions suggest you've learned less than nothing so far.

In my experience, individuals using as many words as you do are simply "fishing" and attempting to appear knowledgeable while covering their ignorance. In the "Enlightenment" game, if one can't say it in 25 words or less then there's no clear idea worth expressing.

Reading through this thread is like pulling teeth. Painful to see how lost (and ignorant) so many are. A good start is to ask yourself where these stupid New Age ideas come from? And how well they serve you (or anyone)?

Once again I ask you... "what point(s) are you trying to make?" "What questions are you seeking to answer?" "What questions have you answered? Do you have any goals beyond your ridiculous assertion that you're helping people?

You really need to do something about your Ego. Get real.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Brown Bear because: add context

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Brown Bear

thats kinda harsh synopsis of the OP dont you think?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join