It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intraplate quakes signal tectonic breakup.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Intraplate quakes signal tectonic breakup
I think this is an outstanding article on what is taking place.

Two giant earthquakes in the eastern Indian Ocean have shown geologists that breaking up is easy to do — for tectonic plates, that is. The pair of quakes hit on April 11, startling seismologists with their size (magnitudes 8.6 and 8.2) and location (hundreds of kilometers from the active zone that spawned the deadly 2004 magnitude 9.1 earthquake and tsunami). Now, three studies reveal that the April quakes were an indication that one great slab of Earth’s crust is slowly fracturing into two.

Read the full article. I just don't agree with the millions of years timeline.Just my own opinion. I personally believe since the Sumatra quake of 2004 was the start of a process that will culminate in the next few years.
For over three years, I've kept a daily eye on Earthquake frequency,magnitude, as well as plate locations,(inside a boundary or outside a boundary)and direction. After mind crunching the data statistically, average ,average of the averages etc,building spreadsheets, graphing it. I'm sure others have done so themselves, I am sure of it. The data doesn't lie. The curve goes up!!
Staring at Earthquake 3d type programs every day, I see the push towards the Americas. I see a lot of alarming things.
The depth of the Fiji quakes in the last few years is mind boggling. 300 to 500 km depths, as well as frequency and magnitude.With the thickness of the crust being 70 km at most (Himalayans) WTF.
Quake frequency increasing (they don't have to be big to show movement) way inside plate boundary's, all over the globe. Pole quakes,mid Atlantic ridge quakes now becoming some kinda norm. Two years ago nada!!
I wish it would calm the hell down!
Sumatra has been busy since the start. Here we go again. Check the National Buoy Center right now.!!
Two Buoys in event mode aka another sea floor adjustment. South of Indonesia.
With all records made with the April quakes as described in the article,it makes yah wonder.
This Video makes yah wonder! If you can handle it for 30 minutes.
Follow along on the forum.Follow Forum
Kudos to TheUnitedknowledge. author of the posts and videos. Follow up vid for Current events.
Three in a row with data and sourced. Sure does point to the article content.
EQ3d,xquake2, are lit up like Christmas trees. My gut tells me it isn't slowing down.
I'm waiting for an event in Alaska as I type this. You can see the quakes crawling up Japan today.

This Video uploaded today by Suspicious Observers,
In my honest opinion it just puts more pieces in place.Maybe it should have been for another thread, but the 1500 foot sea floor adjustment lends credence. No I'm not a Dec 21 2012 ELE type. But I believe a lot of SHTF days are ahead!
A lot of them!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I agree. shtf days will happen as they have happened before.

Pretty interesting thread by the way Thx

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I agree. shtf days will happen as they have happened before.

Pretty interesting thread by the way Thx

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister1k

Based on your research do you expect to see any major events or have you pinpointed some general locations to be extra wary in and around?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The earth fracturing.... no never. Those little lines on earthquakes maps are just drawing errors.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
An earthquake in Maine. Wait for the doomsayers to flock here.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Maybe,...
the earth crust is warming up for the "BIG SHIFT"
ya know,, things move better when they are warm,.
thanks to the current solar cycle reaching its current peak in a few months
the crust wil be nice and maluable..=crustal displacement..
just a thought

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Interesting topic but theres already a thread on this started bout 2 weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Now, this is EXTREMELY significant, and imo the cause of this is the new region of space and the interstellar cloud that our Solar System is encountering. Similar changes have been and are happening in other planets in our Solar System which possibly point to the same cause.

In other threads I have posted some real evidence that shows that something, nobody knows exactly what, is causing for example for comets to arrive faster into the inner Solar System.

8.2 Other anomalies?
There is one further observation which status is rather unclear bit which perhaps may fit into the other observations. This is the observation of the return time of comets: Comets usually come back a few days before they are expected when applying ordinary equations of motion. The delay usually is assigned to the outgassing of these objects. In fact, the delay is used for an estimate of the strength of this outgassing. On the other hand, it has been calculated in (44) that the assumption that starting with 20 AU there is an additional acceleration of the order of the Pioneer anomaly also leads to the effect that comets come back a few days earlier. It is not clear whether this is a serious indications but a further study of the trajectories of comets certainly is worthwhile.

arxiv.org...

There is also a secular increase in the astronomical unit/distance between our Sun and the planets in which whatever this something is is pulling us away from the Sun. The pull is for now still slow, but it shows that whatever this is it has a stronger pull than our Sun.

Secular increase of the astronomical unit and perihelion precessions as tests of the Dvali–Gabadadze–Porrati multi-dimensional braneworld scenario
Lorenzo Iorio JCAP09(2005)006 doi: 10.1088/1475-7516/2005/09/006

PDF (313 KB) | HTML | References | Articles citing this article

Lorenzo Iorio
Viale Unità di Italia 68, 70125, Bari, Italy
E-mail: [email protected]
Abstract. An unexpected secular increase of the astronomical unit, the length scale of the Solar System, has recently been reported by three different research groups (Krasinsky and Brumberg, Pitjeva, Standish). The latest JPL measurements amount to 7 ± 2 m cy−1. At present, there are no explanations able to accommodate such an observed phenomenon, either in the realm of classical physics or in the usual four-dimensional framework of the Einsteinian general relativity. The Dvali–Gabadadze–Porrati braneworld scenario, which is a multi-dimensional model of gravity aimed at providing an explanation of the observed cosmic acceleration without dark energy, predicts, among other things, a perihelion secular shift, due to Lue and Starkman, of 5 × 10−4 arcsec cy−1 for all the planets of the Solar System. It yields a variation of about 6 m cy−1 for the Earth–Sun distance which is compatible with the observed rate of change for the astronomical unit. The recently measured corrections to the secular motions of the perihelia of the inner planets of the Solar System are in agreement with the predicted value of the Lue–Starkman effect for Mercury, Mars and, at a slightly worse level, the Earth.

www.iop.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whatever it is is strong enough to do the following as well.

The reason for this is totally unclear. One may speculate that an unknown gravitational field within the Solar system slightly redirects the incoming cosmic microwave radiation (in the similar way as a motion with a certain velocity with respect to the rest frame of the cosmological background redirects the cosmic background radiation and leads to modifications of the dipole and quadrupole parts). Such a redirection should be more pronounced for low–l components of the radiation. It should be possible to calculate the gravitational field needed for such a redirection and then to compare that with the observational data of the Solar system and the other observed anomalies.

arxiv.org...

A lot of people don't understand that whatever this is, if it is strong enough to pull us away from the Sun, then it is exerting a pull on the tectonic plates of Earth.

This is also imo the reason why we have been seeing more and more volcanic, and magmatic activity on Earth, as well as possibly being part of the cause of the ongoing Climate Changes on Earth, and every planet and moon with an atmosphere in our Solar System.

BTW, of note is also the fact that the Earth's magnetic field has been slowly weaking since the 1880s and it is now weaker than it has been for over 400,000 years and longer.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/750fc3934f0e.jpg[/atsimg]

The above graph shows how weaker the Earth's magnetic field is now compared to hundreds of thousands of years ago. The higher the data points on the graph the weaker the Earth's magnetic field is.

edit on 17-10-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: add link and comments.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by auto73912621

I don't like whats happening around the Peurto Rico, Virgin islands location. Quakes are swarming again, hitting above 4s now.Yesterdays events are pretty interesting. 6.0 Celebes Sea was at a depth of 210 miles east of the buoy event which showed a 315 meter seafloor rise for yesterday alone. 2000 ft seafloor rise in the last 75 days is pretty intense IMHO. Someone mentioned the quake in Maine. A quake hit in Maine, another 4.0 on April 12th after those two 8 pointers April 11th. Coincidence? We had a 4.5 in Montreal, what? 2/3 weeks ago. Yellowstone Swarm,Oklahoma just dropped a small shallow 3.2. California was swarming three weeks ago. I always thought quakes were crustal events, but with these depths seen, we are seeing mantle quakes. Tectonic plate rupture and compensation all over the globe. Quake locations that historically there is no data,now there is. Japan looks suicidal, how many 1970s reactors do they have? From the Solomon islands to the Kurils nothing below a 4.5.
North America from Alaska to Baja relatively calm a few 3s,but when you hit Central America it gets real busy. i swear you can see a line of pressure on the inside of the Caribbean plate boundary. The Cocos plate is pushing hard. On the other end of the Caribbean Plate you can draw a line all around from Dominican Republic to Venezuela on the inside of the boundary and see it compensating.

Thanks for all the comments and input from everyone. That drawing error comment made me piss myself laughing.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Thankx for that info. Gonna dig into it.
I am leaning heavily to celestial events having a profound effect on the goings on.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Info relating to the Maine quake and compensation.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I live in Maine (just had the earthquake up here). I'm leaving this weekend for Puerto Rico. Just a tad freaked now. I've got great timing. I'll camp out in the Barcardi rum factory while down there. I'm sure it will be safe there.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
s&f
was thinking about moving to a quake-free zone but don't know if there is one anymore!
needless to say virtually no coverage in the lamestream media about this.
keep us updated!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I agree in the fact that I don't think they have enough evidence to form the conclusions that they presently made. The continents splitting apart could have happened a few million years ago. To say that they know for sure what happened and when is just speculation, we do not have any real evidence longer than a couple thousand years ago and we cannot know the conditions that existed in the last million or more years for sure. I see a lot of speculation that has been accepted as real. Maybe in the next fifty years we will learn more, but we will not learn unless these scientists open their minds to the fact that much of our present knowledge can be flawed. It is flawed by our perceptions, we cannot fathom what happened over the last million years. Sure, we can be accurate over twenty thousand years because we have something relative to do comparison against. We have just discovered that the sun is tied to the rate of radioactive decay, that makes things a little different.

I read many articles that there is a commission studying seismic and volcanic increases in the future, a cycle of the earth. To me it shows that things are going to change in the future. Now they are also talking of a solar minimum lasting many years in our future. I like speculation but to say speculation is accurate is flawed. Trouble is that much of the facts our present science is structured off of was speculation but is now said to be facts. This is poor policy, the fundamentals need to be investigated. Also the ones who originally investigated were investigating for business interests and some of this may have been developed with ulterior motives attached.

It doesn't really matter, our reality is based on what man perceives anyway and our perception is severely flawed. Normal is really a distorted reality for most people, based solely on the present desires of society. This is the worst reality I could think of because we are destroying our own ecosystem faster than it can repair itself. What a mess.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
s&f
was thinking about moving to a quake-free zone but don't know if there is one anymore!
needless to say virtually no coverage in the lamestream media about this.
keep us updated!

Come to Arizona, boring here.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

about New Comet: C/2012 S1 (ISON) i made some calculations here based on the data here that no one yet disagreed.

The conclusion that I made, figures the possibility that average radius of the comet could be about 20.000km. That means 3 times bigger than earth.

edit on 17-10-2012 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I just knew that when geologists announced the break-up of the Australian Plate over the next few million years, there'd be a bunch of armchair scientists coming online to tell us that the plate would in fact split in two across western Australia within just a few months...lol

You do realise that the plates just can't move apart like that in a few months.. Not possible by a long shot. And if somehow, an event occured that split a whole continental plate right in half in a few weeks, the aftereffects would devistate all life on earth.

The resulting Tsunami for an event that big would wash right across most of the planet with waves around 1500ft high, travelling at around the speed of sound... Nothing under 5000ft within 500km from a coastline would survive and nothing under 2000ft across the entire asia pacific region, japan, china, india etc, would survive.

There is no data that an event of this size has ever occured before in the earths 4billion year life cycle, so the odds of it happening now are next to zero...!!!

Enuf with the fear mongering already.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This may be slightly off the topic of this particular conversation, but there was a 2.3 mag earthquake in northern Arizona today. I know it wasn't very big, but I live in Phoenix, and the state isn't exactly a hotbed for quakes. Anybody hear anything else about it, or how it can happen here?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Wow! What an excellent response. Your post is well layed out, and rather mind blowing. I will have to look into this and it will take time. And even then, how can one respond to your post with more than a star?

I am not a doomsayer, nor superstious niether am I educated in any of the sciences which could have enabled me to give a solid response to your post, even if only in conversation.

However, when I was 13 I had 3 'dreams' which were absolutely not dreams. They were visions. When I 'woke up' from these dreams my body was in shock. My limbs were lame and my mouth was dry. They were as real as if I was awake; if not more so. I remember them clearly even now at the age of 44. For many years I never spoke about it and these visions effected me deeply as a youngster. Normally very bubbly and spontatious, I became quiet and withdrawn for a period after. In one of these visions the earth was exremely small with the result that the horizon was curved. It was dark and there were lots and lots rocks falling from the sky, as if it was raining rocks of all sizes. People were screaming and running, rocks hitting people, killing and injuring many. The terror in the air was tangible.

If there is a celestial body causing a grvitational pull, this can surely also be the cause of more asteroids and meteors and stuff hitting earth, not only 'quicker' than expected (if I understand your post correctly) but also more in quantity?

If there will be major movement as far down the earth's crust as what is said in your post, the i wonder if 'they' have barrowed their bunkers well enough to survive this, and if they may not perhaps be in more danger deep down there than us up here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join