It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

The Ambassadors father and one of the other American's family has directly asked Romney to stop using their family members death as a political pawn.

Yet at the same time, they've come out publicly asking why Obama's administration won't tell them the truth about what exactly happened. If it weren't for Romney, they'd never get that answer.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by FlyersFan

www.whitehouse.gov...

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

Go ahead, read it again....no acts of terror.....we will not waver....see that justice is done for THIS terrible act...justice will be done.

Read it slowly maybe, it has some big words in it.

And yes, you and the rest of the Right wingers can continue to politicize the deaths of Americans. To try to get votes for Romney. The Ambassadors father and one of the other American's family has directly asked Romney to stop using their family members death as a political pawn.

Chris Stevens' Death In Libya Shouldn't Be Politicized, Father Says

The father of Christopher Stephens, the United States ambassador who was killed in the attack in Libya last month, said Saturday that it would be "abhorrent" for his son's death to be politicized in the presidential campaign.

Romney Drops SEAL Story After Mother Complains

“He shouldn’t make my son’s death part of his political agenda. It’s wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama,” said Barbara Doherty, the mother of the slain Navy SEAL Glen Doherty.

So please, continue to politicize the deaths of these Americans.

Politic is always politcalized that is why it is called politcs.But some of you liberals would have voted for Hitler and would not bother in the least bit checking out about the man.If Obama was mass murdering people there is a ton of liberals who would not have a clue and they are in the media as well.Also how come the more reasonable people who are mostly conservative warn people about the military industrial complex and the CIA and how corrupt they are and we are somehow called whackos.Do some of you liberals bother looking into this stuff at all.They just end up calling everyone crazy lunatics,war mongers,Tea baggers,conspiracy whackos,racist,schizoprenics,rednecks and etc,etc,etc.

Also when conservatives warn about how bad the the debt is and the real unemployment numbers are nearly 15% they just mock and call you a doomsdayer or a end time whacko,bible thumper lunatic,homophobes,ect,etc.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

The Ambassadors father and one of the other American's family has directly asked Romney to stop using their family members death as a political pawn.

Yet at the same time, they've come out publicly asking why Obama's administration won't tell them the truth about what exactly happened. If it weren't for Romney, they'd never get that answer.

They have?

Proof?

Because here is what the Ambassadors father said.

"The security matters are being adequately investigated," Stevens, who is getting briefings from the State Department on the investigation, said. "We don’t pretend to be experts in security. It has to be objectively examined. That’s where it belongs. It does not belong in the campaign arena."

I'm giving you facts backed up by quotes, people don't want their loved ones death to be used by Romney as political tools.

So where is your proof?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
If anyone wants some entertainment, turn on Fox News.

They are in full blown damage control. All they are doing is crying about the moderator, it's damn hilarious.

They keep replaying the clip of Romney being smacked down by her and the audience CHEERING, I don't think they understand that Romney looked like a complete fool at that moment, and they are playing it over and over and over.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

"Mother of American Slain in Benghazi Tells CNN How the Obama Regime Lied to Her"

SMITH: Obama told me. Hillary promised me. They promised me. I told them, "Please, tell me what happened, just tell me what happened." I told them, "Please, don't give me any baloney that comes through with this political stuff." And I still don't know. In fact, today I just heard something more that he died of smoke inhalation. I look at TV and I see bloody handprints on walls thinking, my God, is that my son's? They haven't told me anything. They're still studying it, and the things that they are telling me are just outright lies. That Susan Rice, she talked to me personally, and she said, "This is the way it was, it was because of this film that came out."

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Now after all this arguemnt who killed the ambassador,I think it is common sense that the U.S.has no clue who realy did it.If people would bother to learn about the LFIG group they would learn the CIA and NATO helped put them in power in Libya.They have all kind of ties with al-qeada.en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Yes, they were still investigating it at that point.

And now they have come out and said exactly what happened.

So they have laid out exactly what happened now, and yet Romney still is using the deaths of Americans as political tools.

I encourage you and all other Right Wingers to continue to push this, and I hope Romney continues to do so as well. You would think the CHEERING from the debate audience last night would give you a clue, but I guess not.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

They keep replaying the clip of Romney being smacked down by her and the audience CHEERING, I don't think they understand that Romney looked like a complete fool at that moment, and they are playing it over and over and over.

The reason Fox is showing it over and over again is because it shows the moderator agreeing with Romney that Obama and his administration did say that the violence in Benghazi was spontaneous due to the Muslim video.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Is it the moderators job to defend either position? I thought they were to "moderate"?

You know CNN, MSNBC, and other media outlets that are in bed with Obama would be going crazy if it was a Fox News moderator that defended Mitt.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
If anyone wants some entertainment, turn on Fox News.

They are in full blown damage control. All they are doing is crying about the moderator, it's damn hilarious.

Maybe Romney stunbled but if the audience laughed at that part and Crowley did not give Romney a chance to defend Himself then anyone who is on the right wing base would percieve it as bias towards Romney.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Yes, they were still investigating it at that point.

Yet, while they were investigating, Susan Rice kept telling the mother (and the whole nation) that it was due to the Muslim video, following in Obama's footsteps.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Lets face it, the U.S.does not have a clue who was all invovled in killing the ambassador.Could have been people who are in power in Libya where invovled partly as well.Could be al-qeada members in Libya government who helped plot it.Could have been al-qeada sympathizers who helped blow up the ambassador.

Now Romney and Obama are gonna end up being pressured into arming Syrian rebels who are just as crazy as Assad.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The reason Fox is showing it over and over again is because it shows the moderator agreeing with Romney that Obama and his administration did say that the violence in Benghazi was spontaneous due to the Muslim video.

I know you and Fox News are in damage control.

But replaying a clip where Romney is being cheered AGAINST is hilarious.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rulkiewicz

Is it the moderators job to defend either position? I thought they were to "moderate"?

You know CNN, MSNBC, and other media outlets that are in bed with Obama would be going crazy if it was a Fox News moderator that defended Mitt.

She didn't defend anything.

She stated a FACT.

Leave it to the Right Wing to be offended by FACTS.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

Sure they do. The Libyan government's security forces have already come out and said that three people came into the country three months prior to the attack to rile up extremists to pull it off.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rulkiewicz

it's on the news tape!! she is a news person...and let's not forget romney turned around to obama and kept asking him over and over if he said "act of terror".....she didn't defend obama, she quoted his public statement.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Sure they do. The Libyan government's security forces have already come out and said that three people came into the country three months prior to the attack to rile up extremists to pull it off.

Well I don't see how anyone can trust Libya or Syria anymore.Al-qeada spots will be all through there now.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I honestly don't even know why everyone argues over it being a terrorist attack or some spontanoues reaction to the video anyways.Those people want to mass murder us anyways.

Look how crazy they treated Ghadaffi who was a awful person Himself.Dragged Him and beat Him without any care at all even though He was a whacko.
They jump for joy all over the middle east when 9/11 happened.That world over there is crazy.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Alright, I just finished reading the whole thread. Good points made by both sides, but in my opinion the debate was a tie.

Both candidates scored some good points, both made a few good "zingers", both crawfished around answering some questions, both acted rudely to the moderator and to each other, both got tongue tied, neither one had a definite plan.

I think the reason that some are saying that Obama was the definite winner is because he did a much better job than he did in the first debate. I didn't hear either candidate say anything that I haven't heard out of them before.

There were two incidents during the debate that really bothered me. One was when the moderator injected herself into the part of the debate concerning the terrorist attack in Libya. She is supposed to remain neutral and should have kept her mouth shut; she is backtracking because of that today. The other incident that disturbed me was during the segment about arms control somehow Obama twisted it around into birth control and planned parenthood. I know candidates are going to avoid questions they don't want to discuss but how the heck did it go from banning assault rifles to birth control pills? That was a FAR stretch for any politician!

I really don't think the debate changed anyone's opinion about either candidate. The only thing redeeming about the whole debate was that it was entertaining, but I could have watched something else and been much better entertained.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Well I don't see how anyone can trust Libya or Syria anymore.Al-qeada spots will be all through there now.

True. Just like we can't trust the new Iraqi government, that's already been proven to be corrupt, in order to change anything over there. Until the Middle East can get their own Sunni vs. Shiite problems worked out, they are all a lost cause.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join