It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sorry, you are wrong. He did in fact say it was an act of terror.

www.whitehouse.gov...

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

But I see you are on top of your Right Wing talking points.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Good morning, I've been observing ATS for about a year now and finally registered so I'm new here:

I watched the debate until the lies made me want to watch something soothing (about 20 minutes) like REVOLUTION. After that limited exposure, and reading left, right and ATS, IMO the next president will:

Raise taxes slowly over his term but significantly on everybody (rich, poor, huddled masses etc),
let "Bibi" begin and win a war of attrition (tactical) with Iran with moral support only in the UN,
give similar support for Turkey in "handling Syria,"
get out of Afghanistan in 2013-14,
drill baby drill, frack baby frack, approve the "pipeline,"
remove EPA restrictions on coal, wind & solar and "punish" China financially (already started w/solar tariff) and will "oversee" one of the most vibrant (fictional) "recoveries" in the history of the US.
Housing will recover to 75% of the bubble (google "echo bubble" it's already started w/today's numbers CNBC),
Stock markets will break records again and again for 2-3 years.

TPTB cannot retain power unless we have a feel-good situation for a term or two. Sincerly, Slatibartfast
Off to work on the complex coastlines of a new planet I'm working on...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Oh, it's so lovely hearing the Right Wing just cry about the moderator.

They are just acting little babies, it's hilarious. The blonde on Fox News (I don't know which one, I know it describes most of Fox News) is rabid and hysterical right now, she is basicly yelling and shrieking.

Just another sign that Obama smacked Romney down.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Your prediction is right on, there is nothing to listen to anymore what with the lies and more lies. The Dem's seem to think that its a norm to lie when you can't defend a failed presidency. They don't even flinch any more when they are caught, just lie to cover lies and then the media covers there lies with more lies, its never ending and if you try to fact check them it takes days and just makes you more angry.
I'm curious, did anyone keep track of how many times these two called each other a lier? How about a debate where when one calls the other a lier the debate is stopped tell what they say is fact checked so we know who is really the lier..........................theres a novel idea........the truth, wow, boggles the mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
Obama won the debate.

Keep thinking that if it makes you feel good.
(and apparently it does
)

but the crying about the Moderator by you and other Romney supporters just proves it.

1 - Stop telling lies. I'm not a Romney supporter. You've been told this many times before.
2 - I'm not 'crying about the Moderator'. I'm stating the truth. She sucked.

Crowley did what a MODERATOR is supposed to do,

Actually .. she didn't. She interjected herself when she shouldn't have. And she let the clock go on Obama. He got 3 1/2 minutes longer than Romney did. She didn't do her job.

Now, I know you don't like when someone points out that your guy is lying, but the fact is that he was lying.

1 - Your statement is absurd. As I've said .. Romney isn't 'my guy'. Stop telling lies.
2 - Your statement is absurd. If I didn't like it when it was pointed out that Romney was telling lies .. I wouldn't have said all through this thread that Romney was telling lies and dodging.
3 - Did I mention that your statement is absurd??

After the VP debate, everyone was talking about Biden or the Moderator.

Everyone was talking about Biden acting like a drunk'n old man. That's not the same as having everyone talk about him in a positive manner. The VP debate was pretty much a tie as well. Reading the transcript, Biden won by a smidgen. But watching in real life, Bidens antics dragged him down to a tie.

Obama won hands down. You saying it was a tie just proves that, because you could never admit that your guy lost.

1 - You are welcome to your far-left-can-do-no-wrong opinion that Obama won.
2 - STOP TELLING LIES. Romney is not 'my guy'. Jeeeze ..

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am not supporting or voting for either candidate but feel that it was a tie considering the fact that the deck was stacked against Romney. Many of the questions were one sided and unfair in this type of debate format. Crowley also couldn't keep her big mouth shut, but that was expected. Obama told a lot of lies and Romney failed to defend himself on several occasions.
Romney appeared flustered toward the end as he tried to make his point about the Obama Administrations Benghazi debacle, He failed to make his point and Crowley effectively ran interference for the President.

I was not overly impressed with either of them. I do think that Romney effectively drove home the point that a vote for Obama will be a vote for 4 more years of misery and stagnant growth.

Romney also contradicted himself when he stated that government cannot create jobs, but then promised that his administration would create millions of new jobs.
Government can either create public sector jobs that end up doing more harm than good, or they can create an environment that is conducive to creating private sector jobs.
edit on 10/17/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

And whatever the debate comes out in round three will not matter at all. Most everyone has made up their minds. Early voters have been voting for weeks.

And who can say if the votes are even being counted properly?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You didn't read his quote .. did you? Or are you just seeing what you want to see as usual? Yep. Read it again. He did NOT call Benghazi a terrorist attack. He used the words 'act of terror' in his little speech, but that is NOT calling it a terrorist attack by radical Islamic terrorists and those words were describing acts of terror in general .. he separated it from Benghazi.

For two weeks he continued spewing how Benghazi was spontaneous due to a stupid youtube movie. He avoided using the term 'radical islamic terrorism'. Face it. Benghazi-gate is a major screw up by Obama. It's bigger than Watergate. People died. Obama lied.

.. says the guy quoting the spin coming out of the Obama administration.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The debate went about as I expected. Obama engaged the audience, seemed knowledgeable on the subject matter and appeared to genuinely care. Romney seemed disconnected from the audience, was consistently disruptive and failed to directly answer several questions posed to him by audience members. This was a clear and decisive victory for Obama.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I'll just go ahead and keep posting his comments until your reading comprehension kicks in.

www.whitehouse.gov...

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I really love that Romney and the Right are doubling down on Libya, politicizing the murder of Americans.

Guess what, it's not working. The audience applauded for a reason, they don't want the murder of Americans to be used as political pawns by Romney.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You didn't read his quote .. did you? Or are you just seeing what you want to see as usual? Yep. Read it again. He did NOT call Benghazi a terrorist attack. He used the words 'act of terror' in his little speech, but that is NOT calling it a terrorist attack by radical Islamic terrorists and those words were describing acts of terror in general .. he separated it from Benghazi.

For two weeks he continued spewing how Benghazi was spontaneous due to a stupid youtube movie. He avoided using the term 'radical islamic terrorism'. Face it. Benghazi-gate is a major screw up by Obama. It's bigger than Watergate. People died. Obama lied.

.. says the guy quoting the spin coming out of the Obama administration.

It really doesn't matter what Obama said in his speech. 3 days later Carney told us all that is was not a planned terror attack but was caused by a violent protest due to the youtube video. So either Carney is a liar or Obama is a liar...or they both are.
Obama wasn't about to let an opportunity like this go to waste. His administration tried to lay the blame on Right wing religious extremists. This was a political ploy, plain and simple. Unfortunately for Obama it all unraveled and made them all look like incompetent liars.
edit on 10/17/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Pretty tight debate these shills are just puppets it does not matter who wins they are both bought and paid for. So who really cares.. Alex jones is so right man

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I'll just go ahead and keep posting his comments until your reading comprehension kicks in.

Maybe if you keep posting it .. you'll actually read it in context and understand your error.

politicizing the murder of Americans.

Panicing O-bot 'talking point' ...

Stating the truth about Benghazi isn't 'politicizing murder' ... it's simply stating the truth.
Asking for investigations into the administrations role with Benghazi is appropriate.
I understand that the far-left machine doesn't want the truth uncovered with this.
They'd rather protect their guy Obama rather then get to the truth of a major scandal.
But that's not how America works. Eventually the truth about failures and ineptitude comes out.
These silly far left spin talking points can't protect Obama forever.
You might as well accept the truth of it ... people died, Obama lied.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I did not even watch the debate but saw clips and saw some of the replay and could tel both Romney and Obama did realy good.It was about a tie.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

www.whitehouse.gov...

Go ahead, read it again....no acts of terror.....we will not waver....see that justice is done for THIS terrible act...justice will be done.

Read it slowly maybe, it has some big words in it.

And yes, you and the rest of the Right wingers can continue to politicize the deaths of Americans. To try to get votes for Romney. The Ambassadors father and one of the other American's family has directly asked Romney to stop using their family members death as a political pawn.

Chris Stevens' Death In Libya Shouldn't Be Politicized, Father Says

The father of Christopher Stephens, the United States ambassador who was killed in the attack in Libya last month, said Saturday that it would be "abhorrent" for his son's death to be politicized in the presidential campaign.

Romney Drops SEAL Story After Mother Complains

“He shouldn’t make my son’s death part of his political agenda. It’s wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama,” said Barbara Doherty, the mother of the slain Navy SEAL Glen Doherty.

So please, continue to politicize the deaths of these Americans.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
Pretty tight debate these shills are just puppets it does not matter who wins they are both bought and paid for. So who really cares.. Alex jones is so right man

Yep man and people are getting tired of their crap.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I understand that the far-left machine doesn't want the truth uncovered with this.

That's right, neither did Obama.

Obama didn't want people to know that Al Qaeda had come out publicly on 9/10 demanding that LIBYANS and Muslims "kill the crusaders of drone attacks" that had killed two of their top Al Qaeda leaders in June and August. He wanted everyone to think it was because of the Muslim movie and not retaliation for his policies.

Obama knew that this "truth" would hurt his election chances, hence why they had Susan Rice step forward to repeat their lies about the Muslim video. She is/was being considered to replace Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State if Obama were to be re-elected and they put her through the test (they used her). Unfortunately, it backfired and I doubt any Senate is would confirm Susan Rice as SOS at this point because of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle

Oh it does matter, despite your opinion. It matters to me because the next President will likely nominate 2 new Supreme Court Justices. It matters to me because of the bills that will pass through congress and signed/vetoed by the President. Whether you have conservative leanings or liberal leanings, this election matters because the person sitting in the Oval Office will have great influence over the direction this country is headed.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think the win went to our President Mr. Barrack Obama. A wrestling commentator might say, "he stomped a mud hole in him and then he walked it dry". Sadly a wrestling commentator would probably be a much less biased news source right now then all the right wing folks cutting ads to make challenger Mitt look better than he was, and bashing the President. I'm getting tired of the whole bash Barrack mentality. Many of the claims against the man, go nowhere ultimately. Why not just fess up and admit that you're all mad because Barry wanted to take your guns? It sounds like he has greatly backed off from that position based on what he said in the debate.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join