It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
That debate was no tie, anyone saying so is delusional.

:shk: Lovely.
It was pretty much a tie and no amount of partisan name calling on your part changes that.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The only people calling it a tie are hard core Right Wingers and Romney supporters. Hey, even Fox News correspondents last night said that Obama won.

They are also crying about the moderator, this is what they do when they lose.

And Romney lost, no question about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I'm pleased to say...I think I called this pretty well in my opening post of this thread. I think they both stretched the facts. I think they both stuck their foot in their mouth...and, when all is said and done...my prediction as to whom the MSM would announce as "winner" was correct. This was scripted folks. Who wants to bet they call the third debate a draw? Gotta keep this dog and pony show (elephant and donkey show) alive for the grand illusion!

TPTB already know who they are going to "let win"...they just aren't telling us yet...you know...gotta make it look like your opinion matters.

As much as I want to believe that someone other than "the two party candidates" can still get elected in this country...I am also a realist. Maybe if Gary Johnson pulls 5 to 6 % of the popular vote, TPTB might take notice. Doubt it, but possible I guess.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
The only people calling it a tie are hard core Right Wingers and Romney supporters.

I don't suppot Romney and I say it as pretty much a tie. A lot of people are.
Except, of course, the hard left or hard right ... each is cheering 'their guy' as winner. :shk:

Hey, even Fox News correspondents last night said that Obama won.

I don't know .. this morning they are saying 'tie'. MSNBC says Obama won. I flipped to CNN and they are saying it was a 'tie' but because Obama did so much better than last time they think he 'won' with the voters even though it was more 'tied' in content.

The complaints about the 'moderator' are valid. She sucked.

In your far left wing luv'n mind maybe ...

My opinion - this is like the Vice Presidential debate. If you read a transcript, then the democrat comes out a smidgen better than the republican with the answers. If you actually saw the debate, then the dodging and whining are apparent for both and it's 'tied'.

Like I said .. they both dodged questions .. they both misrepresented what the other stands for .. they both failed to specifically say what they'd do for the next four years to make things better ... Romney failed to address his flip flopping stands on issues ... Obama failed to address all his broken promises and failures for the past four years ... both flubbed the easy questions that were handed to them and instead pontificated about other topics ... Crowley tried to bail out her buddy Obama on the Benghazi-gate mess, but gave false information in the process which made Obama look worse than if he had actually tried to answer the question straight out .. etc etc.

In my view ... TIED.

What I find a hoot is that people who are far left or far right are really uptight about this.
It's not like the debates are really going to change many minds at this point.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Apparently one stretched a bit more than the other:

On women /Jobs:

Conclusion: If Romney hadn't said, "That's the net of what's happened in the last four years," his statement might have been true. Had Romney made this claim back in March, it would have been true. However, the most recent numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics don't support the statement.

On contraception:

Obama's health care act does require most insurers to provide free contraception coverage to women, as described above. Romney, while not opposing the availability of contraception, opposes the contraception rule, arguing it forces some religious institutions to go against their faith.

On Benghazi:

The conclusion: Romney's comment was false. Obama did describe the killings in Benghazi as an act of terror twice within two days, though -- in an interview two weeks after the attack -- he appeared to reserve judgment. Two days later, his spokesman clarified his position.

On Student Aid:

Obama's comments accurately summarize the recent history of the federal student aid programs under his administration, which have gone up -- just not as fast as college costs.

Just The Facts, Ma'am

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

That debate was no tie, anyone saying so is delusional. .

You are right it was no tie...

romney caught obama in lie after lie on taxes the murdered ambassador
obamacare and even tried to have the mod nudge nudge wink wink him
which even candy couldnt save obamas ass...

It was no tie romney wiped the floor with potus obama looked lost and silly.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

That debate was no tie, anyone saying so is delusional. .

You are right it was no tie...

romney caught obama in lie after lie on taxes the murdered ambassador
obamacare and even tried to have the mod nudge nudge wink wink him
which even candy couldnt save obamas ass...

It was no tie romney wiped the floor with potus obama looked lost and silly.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
On Benghazi:

The conclusion: Romney's comment was false. Obama did describe the killings in Benghazi as an act of terror twice within two days, though -- in an interview two weeks after the attack -- he appeared to reserve judgment. Two days later, his spokesman clarified his position.

This 'fact check' has been proven wrong. Obama did NOT call Benghazi a terrorist act. Obama stuck to the story that it was all due to a spontaneous riot because of a film. He even said so at the United Nations. What Obama said were the words 'acts of terror' ... but he was using that in a general term which was separated from the Benghazi terrorist attack and he even didn't specifically connect Benghazi to those words or to radical islamic terrorism.

That 'fact checker' got that 'fact check' wrong.
And so did 'moderator' Candy who jumped in to save the sinking Obama on it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The debate last night went just like I called it.

Obama's slight comeback in round 2

And Obama will make a huge comeback in round 3...

Because it's all fake.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The only people calling it a tie are hard core Right Wingers and Romney supporters. Hey, even Fox News correspondents last night said that Obama won.

OnLY people saying obama won are hardcore obama fans
it was obvious to everyone potus lost he lied after lie after lie

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
And Obama will make a huge comeback in round 3...
Because it's all fake.

And whatever the debate comes out in round three will not matter at all. Most everyone has made up their minds. Early voters have been voting for weeks. (I already did). Looking at the electoral maps, it's all going to come down to Ohio... which is pretty much tied. Ohio has had early voting for weeks already too. The debate will mean nothing in regards to who gets elected.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It's just a SHOW !!! You will be led to Be-leave they want to Help But in Reality they Don't Care, They don't Live your Life, They Have Servants to wait on them Hand & foot if they ever Lived a So Called Middle Class Life they would Die of Embarrassment. Yes they want to Help just Not You!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Obama won, but all the "swing" voters that were gathered as control groups say they're now swayed to Romney?

Again, what did he "win"?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

CNN Poll: Nearly half say Obama won showdown

Forty-six percent of voters who watched Tuesday night's presidential debate said that the president won the showdown, according to a CNN/ORC International nationwide poll conducted right after Tuesday night's faceoff here at Hofstra University on New York's Long Island. Thirty-nine percent questioned said Republican nominee Mitt Romney did the better job.

Obama-Romney Debate Won By President

Obama bounces back, dominates debate

Obama wins the second debate.

'Walmart Moms' Say Obama Won

Obama won the debate.

Not only do headlines agree on this, but the crying about the Moderator by you and other Romney supporters just proves it.

Crowley did what a MODERATOR is supposed to do, she controlled the debate, she didn't let them get away with LIES, she actually MODERATED the debate.

Now, I know you don't like when someone points out that your guy is lying, but the fact is that he was lying.

After the VP debate, everyone was talking about Biden or the Moderator. Today everyone is talking about Obama and the Moderator. All that translates to that the Right has nothing good to brag about Romney or Ryan. So they cry, and try to blame the moderator. It's weak and pathetic.

Obama won hands down. You saying it was a tie just proves that, because you could never admit that your guy lost.

link   

Originally posted by gncnew
Again, what did he "win"?

NWO/Bildeberg puppet of the year (AKA the title POTUS). It comes with lots of perks ... free housing (white house) .. free dinners cooked by a world class chef ... free trips around the world in which you can bring your family ... lots of ego-stroking adoration by sheeple. On the flip side, he wins lots of new gray hair. All he has to do is keep his mouth shut and go with the program and the NWO Puppet Perks are all his.

link   
abcnews.go.com...

Did anyone else raise an eyebrow when Obama said this at the debate last night?

Obama: "I said I'd end the war in Libya -- in -- in Iraq, and I did."

Was this a simple slip of the tongue, or a taste of things to come?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaytay
It's just a SHOW !!! You will be led to Be-leave they want to Help But in Reality they Don't Care, They don't Live your Life, They Have Servants to wait on them Hand & foot if they ever Lived a So Called Middle Class Life they would Die of Embarrassment. Yes they want to Help just Not You!!!

I agree somewhat buuuut

we have to have one of them and obama deserves to be fired.

if romney does bad when he wins this election in the next four years we will fire him too.

time for obama to step aside we keep firing the potus until we get a really good one who deserves 8 years

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaytay

I agree somewhat buuuut

we have to have one of them and obama deserves to be fired.

if romney does bad when he wins this election in the next four years we will fire him too.

time for obama to step aside we keep firing the potus until we get a really good one who deserves 8 years

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Wrong there was only one attack that day therefore the only act of terror he could possibly be responding to is the Benghazi attack. Regardless of what the cause, which at that time was apparently unclear it was in fact declared an act of terror. The only argument on this subject at this point is simply causation, did it take him two weeks to declare the cause? An unqualified yes, it did. But that notwithstanding he did denounce it as an act of terror and vowed that those responsible will be held accountable for it. That is a fact. The reality is these things happen, it is unfortunate they do but that is the nature of terror.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

That debate was no tie, anyone saying so is delusional.

:shk: Lovely.
It was pretty much a tie and no amount of partisan name calling on your part changes that.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join