It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
More CNN "confirmation" ......

I wonder if they are "re-positioning" for a Romney two-term ?

The advertising revenues could be in jeopardy.

News agency CNN reported on September 20th that the White House characterized the September 11th attack in Benghazi, Libya as terrorism "for the first time."

This report, published over a week after the attack, contradicts the assertion by Barack Obama -- and CNN's own Candy Crowley -- that the President first made that assessment one day after the attack.

preliminary report.... CNN: WH Declared Benghazi Terrorism 'First Time' Nine Days After Attack

The CNN report link is dated Sept 21st.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Obama's policies might have not achieved their "promised goal", but it was pretty bad when he got elected, and it's better now.

Want some fries with that Kool Aid?

Sorry couldn't resist.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I am sorry to sound rude or obnoxious, but you Americans have to get over yourselves. You are OBSESSED with this presidential election, and the debates, and all of the juicy gossip that goes with it - and this is very unhealthy, vane and ridiculous. We all know the system is rigged and not working anyways, so why keep talking about all of this stuff. There's more to the world than American politics. Why so narcissistic?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
You know what i think is sad
They don't mention NDAA they don't mention all the innocent people killed by drone strikes they don't mention Executive Orders such as the Iran sanctions that now allows the president to stop any person that fits a certain criteria from accessing there bank accounts

"(iv) with respect to section 6(a)(8) of ISA, block all property and interests in property that are in the United States, that come within the United States, or that are or come within the possession or control of any United States person, including any foreign branch, of the sanctioned person, and provide that such property and interests in property may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in."

They don't mention all the lie's Romney say's
www.thenation.com...#

To me its pointless who gets voted in, both of these guys are ridiculous.

one thing they WILL NEVER talk about is the dollars decline as the global leader
and how many countries including Saudi Arabia are in talks about not using the dollar to buy oil
why is this important
well without the Petrodollar this economy will see harsh times

Foreign nations would begin sending a flood of U.S. dollars back to the United States in exchange for the new currency needed for oil.

The Federal Reserve would lose their ability to print more dollars to solve America's economic problems.

The Treasury Secretary and the Federal Reserve Chairman would meet to determine the best course of action.

That action would involve an immediate and dramatic increase in interest rates to reduce America's money supply.

Hyperinflation would ensue temporarily while the interest rates took time to take full effect.

All oil-related prices, including gas prices, would reach outrageous levels.

Washington would soon realize that the total amount of money in the system would have to be dramatically slashed even further, leading to an even higher increase in interest rates.

The clueless American public would demand answers. Those on the left would blame the right. The right would blame the left. And both political parties would seek to blame the Federal Reserve.

People with adjustable rate debts would be crushed and massive layoffs would occur as businesses would be suffering from the high interest rates.

Asset prices across the board would plummet in value.

Amid the financial carnage, an economic recovery eventually would begin to take place. But this new American economy would be tremendously smaller due to a drastically reduced money supply.

This is what i think is so sad
They don't talk about the real issues, they lie, and they will NEVER bring this looming disaster to light.
look it up
many countries are talking about not using the dollar
its only a matter of time...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Wrong!

www.cnn.com...

"Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe," he said. "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

This is an actual article from CNN, and it proves Romney wrong. Your repub claims is pure semantics. Romney got his butt whipped.

And Romney comes off as a cartoon villian. The guy is freaky.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by 3chainz

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
AR-15s were designed for soldiers?

The three types of weapons used by the man accused of killing 12 people in a Colorado movie theater — a semiautomatic variation of the military’s M-16 rifle, a pump-action 12-gauge shotgun and at least one .40-caliber semiautomatic pistol — are among the most popular guns available in the multibillion-dollar American firearms market.

Shows your understanding of an AR-15 I love when people with no gun knowledge try to come in on that.....

The AR-15 is your standard hunting round with your standard rate of fire, on a modified platform........what does that mean?

It means its no different then a 223 except cosmetically........

You can reconfigure the AR-15 to fire a variety of ammo types, thus altering it's power greatly. And, what a lot of people do not understand, is that a semi-automatic rifle is way more effective than a fully automatic rifle. Spray and pray doesn't really get you anywhere. An AR-15 configured to fire NATO rounds properly is a highly effective weapon equal to any M16 carried by our soldiers around the world.

I fully believe most soldiers with M16's already have it selected to single or burst anyway, and not set to fully automatic.

Watch the show Yukon men on the Discovery channel some time and you will see at least two people in the small village using AR15s for hunting and bear protection.
They are light weight and since there is no wood on them the stocks do not warp in wet weather.
and because they are just about rust proof there are very good guns for the back country.

This disproves the anti gun peoples story that AR 15 or any other black gun has no sporting use.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dukesy
reply to post by macaronicaesar

I don't get it! Lying thru his teeth? - he ran large businesses - public and private - was a successful state governor - he has been a pastor - a missionary - an Olympic savior to those who know what he did to save it - for Gods sake, and you say "he is lying thru his teeth LOL.

Obama - Acorn? Community Organizer - Fast and Furious / executive privilege ( Eric Holder a stone cold waste of a good suit) - I will have complete transparency - Obamacare shoved up everyone arrs because they didn't want to explain what was in it - Trillions more in debt (I will cut the deficit in half in my first term) what a joke on us - 4 people killed in Benghazi was "a little bump in the road"? Over rides military protocol on drones? I will bring the troops home in 6 months if elected president. Gas was $1.86 when he took over and if you do not think that does not effect lower income Americans you are not living here in the USA. I know there is more - much more - but I am going to bed.

Most people do not know what it is like to be a CEO of a large corporation (including Obama) - period. I do. Let me tell you that you as a CEO dance to the tune of a board of directors and the stock holders - end of story. So don't come back with - he closed businesses to make money - it's a joke on you because you don't understand the details.

Obama went to a Janesville Wisc. plant and made a worthless speech to plant worker about how the future looked bright if they voted for him - what joke on them, they fell for it. All talk and no action right from the beginning.

And we are suppose to be afraid of Romney because you say he is lying thru his teeth? Please prove it and change our view of Romney - please - give us some facts that he is lying. And if he is lying - he will never catch the big "O" he's the best. Your Romney statement has to be in jest - I am voting for the one that lie's the least and has the most experience - and that would be? Come on now - you know the answer.

You obviously weren't paying attention during the republican primaries, where did I say Romney wasn't a successful businessman? I didn't. That hardly gives him any points. His entire policy is to talk about what went wrong under obama and to not offer up anything to fix it. Listing things that haven't been great is far from a policy. Everyone with a pulse knows all the things he said. However, he is already contradicting himself from a few short months ago and flip flopping based on the audience, it's Mitt's mantra to lie and deceive, it's part of why Bain was so successful. He didn't answer anything directly the entire debate, not a thing.

The president can't walk into office and wave a magic wand to get everything done over night. Sure, some things didn't get done that he promised, but not for lack of effort and some things were done that shouldn't have been, those things things will continue no matter what Mitt is telling you now. Mitt's going to have a busy first day in office with all the things he's going to repeal and fix on day one. Guess how many will happen, zero. Will you hold him to the same standard you're currently holding Obama? We'll see.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Wrong!

www.cnn.com...

"Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe," he said. "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

This is an actual article from CNN, and it proves Romney wrong. Your repub claims is pure semantics. Romney got his butt whipped.

And Romney comes off as a cartoon villian. The guy is freaky.

The link from the story is correct. But I concede it's a bit of a stretch.

It looks like CNN changed their story to accommodate whoever is watching.

We are both right and we are both wrong perhaps ?

Sept 21st article... 4th and 5th paragraphs

The White House, for the first time Thursday, declared the attack that killed Stevens and three other people a terrorist attack.

"It is, I think, self-evident that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack," said White House spokesman Jay Carney, speaking to reporters on Air Force One.

CNN 9-21-2012

But why was there such a fury to say other things and make attempts to deny ?

Added:
And why did "Candy" say all this: www.abovetopsecret.com... ???

edit on Oct-17-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
More on the "Acts of terror" statement by Obama.

Plural and he was talking in a general sense.

Too many "Whys" ......

One of the tensest moments in an already tense debate Tuesday night came as President Obama and Mitt Romney clashed over the Obama administration's changing explanation for the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that left Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans dead.

In particular, Romney questioned whether Obama had called the attack an "act of terror" rather than "spontaneous" violence that grew out of a protest against an anti-Islam video. The moderator, CNN's Candy Crowley, intervened, saying Romney was half right.

.......... Crowley went on to side with Romney about the administration's confusing account, saying it took two weeks for officials to say more definitively that the attack was more than an out-of-control protest, and she said after the debate that Romney "was right in the main, I just think he picked the wrong word."

.......... But four days later, Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the U.N., went on five networks' Sunday shows and cast the attack as hardly a coordinated strike by terrorists.

.......... State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney and other administration officials did little to discredit that assessment until Sept. 19, when Matt Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center testified at a Senate hearing.

"Yes, they were killed in the course of a terrorist attack on our embassy," Olsen said.

Even so, Obama taped an interview on ABC's "The View" on Sept. 24, nearly two weeks after the attack, in which he declined to label the attack terrorism when asked. Instead, he would only go as far as to say the attack "wasn't just a mob action."

FACT CHECK: Did Obama really call consulate attack in Libya an 'act of terror'?

Coin toss on the "interpretation" .....

but Why wasn't Obama crystal clear on such an incident ?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsair00
I am sorry to sound rude or obnoxious, but you Americans have to get over yourselves. You are OBSESSED with this presidential election, and the debates, and all of the juicy gossip that goes with it -

Go away.

IMHO The debate was basically a tie. Both hit some good points. Both messed up.
Both presented 'facts' that were in fact lies.
But the big thing that stood out .. the 'moderator' was LOUSY.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsair00
I am sorry to sound rude or obnoxious, but you Americans have to get over yourselves. You are OBSESSED with this presidential election, and the debates, and all of the juicy gossip that goes with it - and this is very unhealthy, vane and ridiculous. We all know the system is rigged and not working anyways, so why keep talking about all of this stuff. There's more to the world than American politics. Why so narcissistic?

The fact that our country is in the hands of the next elected leader should be enough for us to be concerned about who is going to win. I am actually proud of all who are interested because it shows we want the best leader possible to run our country.

You're right; the system probably is rigged but talking about it just might get the rest of the country to wake up and actually do something about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Don't forget there were no "protesters." This story just won't go away.

Here's a couple good threads about Benghazi:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse

Don't forget there were no "protesters." This story just won't go away.

Here's a couple good threads about Benghazi:

Yes those are good ones.

this one too --> White House Comes Clean: No Protest Outside Libya Consulate

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
What's the point? The media tells you who the candidates are, who won the debates and then who to vote for. All in the illusion of choice. What a joke.

As George Carlin said, you have no choice. You know what your choices are? Paper or plastic.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The marionettes danced for us last night.
IMO...the biggest sham ever!
If anyone and I mean anyone can watch parts or all of that debate last night and coherently utter anything other than, "these people are the biggest friggin' puppets ever" is beyond me. Maybe it's me, but the "pitch" is BS...all of it. Wake up America! The show must not go on. If anyone can, with good conscience, vote for either of these two used car salesmen then I can say that we are truly doomed.

Obama, ironically, looks like an actual ventriloquist dummy and Romney is the slimiest looking stereotypical piece of political turd that I have ever seen. I listened to both of them speak and never truly answer the questions. Noncommittal BS is a sure symptom in an age of instant data checking and information sharing. Expecting anything less from these guys would be ignorant.

Just once I would love to hear a politician come out and say something like this; "Hey, this country is a mess. Our administration has made some mistakes. Given the state of things I think that you can all understand how complicated this can be. I'm not going to waste anymore of your time or mine. I have a job to do. That job is to protect this country and it's people and I'm gonna keep trying until your votes tell me to stop. Peace."

Oh yeah, did anyone count how many times Romney responded to questions with, "That's a good question". Shut the hell up Romney. That's like the liar's prequalifier --- "I'll be totally honest with you...".

My opinion:
Romney is the biggest piece of corporate scum that I have ever seen who can't ever NOT look like the liar that he is.

Obama is the puppet that has fulfilled his obligation to TPTB and is now crumbling under the weight of a situation that he never imagined would be possible.

These are not your leaders...you (the people) must lead and take the steps to bring about change. Vote if you want...don't vote if you want. Do whatever makes you feel better for the moment BUT make no mistake, the show (debates, voting, etc.) is the distraction. Your vote just gives them more information about how to herd you. Inform each other. Put down your phones, IPads, Pods, tablets and kill social networking. Walk outside, introduce yourself to your neighbors, build communities of like-minded and spirited citizens, celebrate family and start to form a cohesive and powerful shell of existence that no one small group of corporate elitists can ever begin to break down. TPTB have two huge weaknesses. the first is their size. The second is that they would cut each others balls off to get ahead (they are power mongers; remember that). Wow maybe this should go in the rants section.

Remember, if it smells like crap, it probably is crap. Take and a second look at your supposed leaders and then sniff around. It all smells the same.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
That debate was no tie, anyone saying so is delusional. If Romney won the first debate by talking over everyone, Obama won this one by talking common sense, something Romney doesn't know a thing about. Obama's closing statement said it all and Romney's last words were dismal in comparison. To bad Romney couldn't talk over everyone tonight, must be why they had a feminist moderate the thing, women don't take # from no body, especially a woman that is against everything Romney.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

First of all, it was misleading for Obama to say that he used the words "acts of terror" in the same context that Romney was referring to. Of course anytime anyone is killed abroad it's an "act of terror", but let's see how Obama responds to the details of that statement (as taken from the transcript):

ROMNEY: You said in the Rose Garden the day after the attack, it was an act of terror. It was not a spontaneous demonstration, is that what you're saying?

OBAMA: Please proceed governor.

Here's where Obama starts to dance and asks the moderator to step in and save him...

ROMNEY: This — the administration — the administration indicated this was a reaction to a video and was a spontaneous reaction.

CROWLEY: It did.

ROMNEY: It took them a long time to say this was a terrorist act by a terrorist group. And to suggest — am I incorrect in that regard, on Sunday, the — your secretary —

OBAMA: Candy?

ROMNEY: Excuse me. The ambassador of the United Nations went on the Sunday television shows and spoke about how —

OBAMA: Candy, I'm —

ROMNEY: — this was a spontaneous —

CROWLEY: Mr. President, let me —

OBAMA: I'm happy to have a longer conversation —

CROWLEY: I know you —

OBAMA: — about foreign policy.

CROWLEY: Absolutely. But I want to — I want to move you on and also —

OBAMA: OK. I'm happy to do that, too.

CROWLEY: — the transcripts and —

OBAMA: I just want to make sure that —

CROWLEY: — figure out what we —

OBAMA: — all of these wonderful folks are going to have a chance to get some of their questions answered.

www.politico.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

But the big thing that stood out .. the 'moderator' was LOUSY.
reply to post by FlyersFan

I couldn't agree more. Crowley had no right to step in and defend what Obama said(which was a huge lie). Moderators are NOT supposed to take sides, and this basic fact was ignored by Crowley, but then again, did any fair minded people expect anything else from the person that said this:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I amde mention of this in another thread but thought the Romney sycophants should hear it, too. I'd like to call out Mitt on a bald-faced lie. I'm a long-time gun owner from MA. The whole 'we got pro-gunners and anti-gunners to come together and work-out legislation together' response to the assualt weapons ban discussion is a load of steaming crap. Check with GOAL. The truth is VERY different. Liar, liar pants on fire.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I own a small business. A business I started last year. I'm the sole worker/owner. I've now expanded my business to needing to hire my first employee, to keep up with growth. I'm waiting until after the elections to make the decision to hire. I can't afford Obama's plan for small businesses. If Romney wins, I'll move full speed ahead, and finish investing in the growth of my business, and hiring people to meet my goals.

Oh boy, can you tell me what "Obama's plan for small businesses" is?

I am so excited to hear what you think that is.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join