It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The POTUS just John Kerry'd Mitt Romney..

He was for the ban before he was against it.

That hurt.

link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

The Libya incident was very sad and very confusing.

Obama didn't blame the video, he always said they were waiting for all the facts and he DID call it an act of terror the very next day.

But in context of this debate, Obama just owned Romney on the Libya issue and that should have been a gimmie for Romney.

link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

lol that's tru

link   
That gun question could very well make Obama lose:

As we know a lot of people love to cling to their "guns and religion".

link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
AHAHAHAHA ROMNEY OWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Obama did call it an act of terror

I think that was the tipping point, round 2 goes to Obama.

I am not a huge Obama fan but, how can anyone trust a word coming out of Romney.

If you look at what he was spouting off during the primaries and compare them to these debates you see two different people.

link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
AR-15s were designed for soldiers?

The three types of weapons used by the man accused of killing 12 people in a Colorado movie theater — a semiautomatic variation of the military’s M-16 rifle, a pump-action 12-gauge shotgun and at least one .40-caliber semiautomatic pistol — are among the most popular guns available in the multibillion-dollar American firearms market.

Shows your understanding of an AR-15 I love when people with no gun knowledge try to come in on that.....

The AR-15 is your standard hunting round with your standard rate of fire, on a modified platform........what does that mean?

It means its no different then a 223 except cosmetically........

link   
reply to post by neo96

only in certain states allow automatic weapons, and those automatic weapons. it has to be a gun that was manufactured and licensed before 1986, so if anyone buys one, it has to be from someone who wants to sell it, that qualifies under the hughes amendment and BAFTE in 1986. Also need a expensive as hell weapons license. so it's kind've really hard to get your hands on

Not saying i support all guns in general, just wanted to point it out.

But an interesting note, its quite easy to turn almost any gun into an automatic. that is what is scary

link   
Obama SPUN out of Fast and Furious.

WOW, he spun to "Mothers and families".

link   
oh wow, Obama, is On the podium now, in his Hitler charisma effect....

the sheep are bowing...
edit on 16-10-2012 by MaurinQuina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr
reply to post by FlySolo

isn't canadian health care dealt with province to province? not by the canadian government? its completely different. Romney care was state, obama care is federal. same as with canada, states are pretty similiar to provinces. that's why it works, cause its easier to look at all the facts of a smaller population than to group everyone in the US.

If you truly want universal health care you have to the government tell insurance companies, how much they can charge people, and still make a profit....Germany does that. They tell private insurance companies how much they can charge. And you also need to change the hearts of people, people in the US love to sue, and they love to sue for big money that isn't even worth the charge.

You're kind of right but it's really a two-tier system.

Roles and responsibilities for Canada's health care system are shared between the federal and provincial-territorial governments. Under the Canada Health Act (CHA), our federal health insurance legislation, criteria and conditions are specified that must be satisfied by the provincial and territorial health care insurance plans in order for them to qualify for their full share of the federal cash contribution, available under the Canada Health Transfer (CHT).

In British Columbia I pay a $60 premium. In Manitoba where I was raised, I don't. So under Romney care, can you walk into a clinic off the street with no money in your pocket and get your finger stitched?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I have no clue about guns and I admit that.

I was just referring to the military grade weapon part really

edit on 16-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Romney on outsourcing.

He should really just ask Crowley if he can use one of his lifelines.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrestonSpace

I am not a huge Obama fan but, how can anyone trust a word coming out of Romney.

After 4 years of Obama I wonder the same thing...

link   
Romney openly threatening China.

Dumb move.

link   
You can thank NAFTA for the outsourcing of jobs! And who is responsible for NAFTA?

Another thing I find so much irony in....Obama's Chief Jobs Czar is the GE Head honcho that is closing US divisions and sending them to China!! We have a local GE company here in New Berlin WI, it's closing and people are being laid off because they are sending this division to China (few thousand employees).

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Manufacturing jobs lost in the past four years. Romney thinks I am 1 in a half million....don't I feel special.

Sadly had we not spent the past 25+ years outsourcing those jobs, I would have only been 1 in 30 million.

link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I can't do it under Obamacare either.

link   

reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I have no clue about guns and I admit that.

I was just referring to the military grade weapon part really

edit on 16-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

I appreciate your honesty there.........cheers mate

link   
Anyone else notice that certain debaters in the past 2 debates show less respect for the moderator by interrupting and disregarding the moderator more than one normally would?
Think that because they are women might have something to do with it?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr
reply to post by neo96

only in certain states allow automatic weapons, and those automatic weapons. it has to be a gun that was manufactured and licensed before 1986, so if anyone buys one, it has to be from someone who wants to sell it, that qualifies under the hughes amendment and BAFTE in 1986. Also need a expensive as hell weapons license. so it's kind've really hard to get your hands on

Not saying i support all guns in general, just wanted to point it out.

But an interesting note, its quite easy to turn almost any gun into an automatic. that is what is scary

So then they do not need to be banned agian if they are "so hard to find".

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join