It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
after 13 pages of debate over the debate I am more worried about some of you guys sanity than which one of these hats get elected . Its pretty much black and white , excuse the pun , about what has happened the past 4 years under obama . None of the things he originally claimed he would do has happened other than raising gas prices . Im not so sure Romney will do much better but we have already seen what obama can do and that should be evedent to any potential voter ! When they we asking questions about the debt , why was it not asked why lady obama has spent more tax payer $$$ than any other first lady ! I really hope all of you reading these posts and replys can see the big picture which is obviously the last 4 years have not gotten the US where we all want to be so what makes you think 4 more years of the same hope and change will be any different . If nothing else , Romney would at least be a different breed of hope and change that we have not tried yet .

link   
Like I said, I live in the area, PEOPLE HERE FAVOR ROMNEY. Most people here are small business owners, most of us are suffering due to regulations, taxes, etc We are one of the wealthiest areas in the US, or at least we used to be. Under Obama, we've suffered, that's a fact. Romney might be just as bad, but he hasn't proved his worth yet. He may be a liar/ flip-flopper. but we haven't seen what he is really capable of. Obama gave us empty promises, we'll see if Romney can fulfill his "goals". Back in 2008, everyone here was Obama OBAMA OBAMA. Now everyone here is like # obama, we're doing worse than ever before. Time for CHANGE. Romney is the only other candidate that has a chance of winning presidency. I don't truly love either, but I'm willing to take a chance on romney, than let obama regulate and tax small businesses to death
edit on 16-10-2012 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by neo96
Obama created 5 mililon jobs~!

over 7 million have been added to welfare.

do you remember the week GM almost went under ?

remember what caused that ?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

We must be watching different debates.

Compared to the first debate, Obama is destroying Romney.

And I fully admitted Obama lost last time.

The fact that Obama is breathing this time does show a vast improvement, but doesn't mean he is also winning. Well he at least he showed up...you giving him extra credit for showing up?

link   
I think that Obama is winning the debate (yes, I realise I've just been ranting about him in previous posts), but the problem with Obama, as always, is that rhetoric and truth are oppositional forces in his arsenal.

He speaks a good game, tells you he loves you, and then before you know it, it's 6am, his side of the bed is cold and empty, and you're just left feeling used and 16 trillion dollars in debt.

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by HostileApostle

Numbers from the *Democratic Policy and Administrations Center*......

Yep, just what I thought, you don't accept them.

You do know those numbers come from the BLS, right? But then again, you probably think they are lying as well.

Keep your head buried deeply in the sand and live in your fantasy world.

link   

You do know that people can be working and still be eligible for aid right? For example Walmart employees get up to 1.5 billion a year in government aid. Why? Because large companies aren't paying their employees enough.

link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

do you remember the week GM almost went under ?

remember what caused that ?

Yeah unrealistic union pensions being they were paying more for employees than they were making off those vehicles.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Romney strategy...

Ignore the moderators question.

link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Romney made a mistake about the unemployment numbers. The real reason the U3 is getting lower is not because the people quit looking, it was because they found nothing and removed because their time was up and would no longer receive unemployment checks. It was 99 weeks, then 79, now it is down to 59 weeks.

Gee the numbers should go down over four years (208 weeks) whether people find jobs or not, just because their time ran out.

So explain why the U6 is also going down. Because all those people fall to the U6 number, and yet that is declining along with the U3.

link   

Originally posted by buster2010

You do know that people can be working and still be eligible for aid right? For example Walmart employees get up to 1.5 billion a year in government aid. Why? Because large companies aren't paying their employees enough.

I have a different view of paying people for the work they perform, and not what they think they are worth.

Free market principles the market dictates pay which is a foregin concept thesedays in America.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Obama speaks of people wanting to come hear to get EDUCATION and "FEED THEIR FAMILY"?

Hmm, we have unprecedented job loss, federal debt, state debt, housing costs, costs of living, energy cost

Yet we can afford to take on all the "NON CRIMINAL ONES"?

Hahaha a bunch of horse puck.

link   

Originally posted by jam321
Romney strategy...

Ignore the moderators question.

EVERY SINGLE QUESTION.

Crowley better go back and ask him about his "self deportation" again.

link   
Obama just lied! Border patrol has been CUT, not increased. And, the only reason we've seen less coming across the border is a) there aren't any jobs here, illegal or legal. b) we're not really counting the numbers any longer, they aren't allowing them to be taken in, so how can they be counted? One thing I do know for sure is that TWO border agents have died on his watch, one with guns Obama sold (at a loss) illegally to the drug cartel.

The drug cartel is stronger and more are coming across, with fewer illegals simply looking for jobs. Yeah, Obama is for illegal immigration. He is for it when it is the drug cartels buying his guns. I wonder what they have on him?

link   

Originally posted by 3chainz

But the right wing never admits their losses.... that is their propaganda technique...and it's a good one.

I guess where you sit left about 98% of the country is far right...lol

link   
Romney lied again.

ETA: And a crap answer on "self-deportation".

edit on 16-10-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
Obama just lied! Border patrol has been CUT, not increased. And, the only reason we've seen less coming across the border is a) there aren't any jobs here, illegal or legal. b) we're not really counting the numbers any longer, they aren't allowing them to be taken in, so how can they be counted? One thing I do know for sure is that TWO border agents have died on his watch, one with guns Obama sold (at a loss) illegally to the drug cartel.

The drug cartel is stronger and more are coming across, with fewer illegals simply looking for jobs. Yeah, Obama is for illegal immigration. He is for it when it is the drug cartels buying his guns. I wonder what they have on him?

Bingo!

link   
reply to post by neo96

Ok then, that is why there is so many people on welfare. Get over it.

link   
Heating up... Nice jab about the pensions.

link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Obama just lied! Border patrol has been CUT, not increased.

Obama did not lie.

www.politifact.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join