It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oct. 16, 2012 Presidential debate thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
So....who is watching? What are you expecting? Considering the two parties have decided to have the moderator, Candy Crowley muzzled, it should be nothing more than a circus act.

The audience will get to ask a pre-determined question and then their microphone will be shut off. If the candidates side-step or go off topic, the moderator is not going to be allowed to reaffirm or re-ask the question.

Why bother?

I hope to keep this thread alive throughout the day to get people's opinion before and then discussion during and after the debate to see how many of us called the scene.

I think it's another dog and pony show. If an audience member asks "What do you think about rising gas prices?", the candidates can say "Well I think we should consider harvesting natural resources from the moon" and no one will be able to call them back to the actual question...pretty pointless.

My prediction? I'd say, for the interest of keeping this joke (the debate and election) appear to be legitimate...Obama will be scripted in for the win...the third debate will be a draw....that way this appears to be "a close race".

Just my very jaded opinion of this demonstration...a total farce.

I want to hear everyone else's expectations though.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Looking at the electoral maps (Rasmussen and Real Clear Politics), it really looks like everyone has already decided except for Ohio and Nevada. The other 48 states have made their choices. And it's so close that it's going to come down to who the people of Ohio vote for.

Ohio has early voting and has been voting for a while now. The TV talking heads say that early voting polls show that something like 75% of the early voting is for Obama.

I don't think the debate is going to change anything.
It just has entertainment value for political junkies. IMHO

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The debate is tonight ??
thanks for the heads up lol (had the wrong date in my head)

will surely be watching .. Obama was waiting for this last debate
to destroy is opponent for good

see how easy he have let Romney win in the previous debates

Romney Exposed !

Tonight is THE night

will watch the debate first and then come back in this thread to let you know my thoughs

edit on 10/16/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Both parties attempted to muzzle Candy Crowley...but, she's made it point blank, she will not abide by the debate restrictions on the moderator. She said she does plan on asking some questions, and redirecting back to point comments.

Des

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'm expecting Romney to leave the debate looking much like this:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Looking at the electoral maps (Rasmussen and Real Clear Politics), it really looks like everyone has already decided except for Ohio and Nevada. The other 48 states have made their choices. And it's so close that it's going to come down to who the people of Ohio vote for.

Ohio has early voting and has been voting for a while now. The TV talking heads say that early voting polls show that something like 75% of the early voting is for Obama.

I don't think the debate is going to change anything.
It just has entertainment value for political junkies. IMHO

Well, since I'm from Ohio, I'll take the blame for whoever wins or loses.

Gawd! I hope Obama loses!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

How in the hell did Ms. Crowley end up as the moderator?

She's biased as all get out and has said as much.

This one will be a Obama win...even if he doesn't say a thing the entire debate, other than roll his eyes.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Not watching.

Expect more lies and more of the same failed policies that will in all likelihood destroy America regardless of which establishment minion is appointed.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I tend to agree....more political "meth" for the hardcores that think this election is still up for grabs.

second line

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Supposedly in this "Town Hall" style format, the audience asking the questions will be made up of undecided voters.

I guarantee, there will not be a Ron Paul supporter allowed in the audience and given the opportunity to ask Romney why the Republican party is worthy of his vote, after the Paul delegates were disenfranchised at the RNC.
What a freaking farce this entire process is.

edit on 16-10-2012 by crawdad1914 because: clarification

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I don't have a dog in this show, but I will watch to see how the candidates handle themselves...just to see if any particular topic ruffles their feathers so to speak.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I do hope she sticks to that. It will just give the "other" pundits and talking heads something to rant and rave about if she does. Personally, I think a moderator is there to clarify and direct back to topic...but hey...I just did some debate waaay back in high school...what do I know.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

LOL!...where in the world did you find that pic! That is hysterical! I think you might be right, but I also think it's part of a script "you win the first one and Obama wins the second one...wanna make this "pro-wrestling match" look legit." We'll call the third one a draw...how's that?"

Big magic act, lots of pomp and circumstance...the stage assistant distracts the audience while the guys in the shadows march an elephant across the stage and no one notices it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
gawker.com... Nothing amazing is going to happen unless it's already been written in the script. This is all one big entertainment show, the people with the power already know who is going to win. It's all just an illusion to keep the masses occupied and never questioning.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Monica "ticket death wish" Crowley.

Having a partisan moderator, who gets to pick her own questions, will not bode well for Romney.

The set up is in.

Having 4 white liberal moderators for all 4 debates is not diversity.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Nothing against the swing states...I'm in Virginia...but I am sure the rest of the country really appreciates all the attention they are "NOT" getting..."Your from Kentucky?...pfft...we don't care about your position"

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

Absolutely! I seriously doubt anything of substance will be asked by the "undecided" audience...Be silly crap...I think it was "Pizza Hut" that offered lifetime pizza to anyone that would ask what the "candidates" like on their pizza....really? We really need to go there?....what a joke. IF someone asks that, they should be removed from the building and immediately tarred and feathered.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by solidguy

All questions are pre-determined and signed off on by both parties. No surprises expected, its not like this is a real and unrehearsed format.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
gawker.com... Nothing amazing is going to happen unless it's already been written in the script. This is all one big entertainment show, the people with the power already know who is going to win. It's all just an illusion to keep the masses occupied and never questioning.

These men wouldn't put themselves through this if that were true

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by solidguy

They are ALL biased...would a Faux news moderator fare any better? If you mean a balance...sure...(I could care less about the VP debate). The first Presidential debate...a liberal. The second, a conservative....how about for the third...just some dude they randomly pick off the street. If they don't answer the question in a way he understands, he gets to keep poking them till they do.

I like that plan!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join