It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brutal attack by police officers on homeless man caught on CCTV

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Two police officers have been caught on CCTV beating a homeless man in New York.
The shocking footage has gone viral, getting almost 200,000 views in the last 48 hours online.

This is absolutely unbeliveable, the man is viscously assaulted by two police officers for doing nothing only sleeping rough,as it turns out he had permission to be there.Then they charge him with resisting arrest........

warning: Graphic, violent content,

I dont know how to imbed videos from ITN news but heres the link.

www.independent.ie...

Found it here:

edit on 16-10-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Oct 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Tue Oct 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: headlined violence

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

that's rich
and their charging
the homeless dood with assault

after he had permission
to stay there.
I smell lawsuit

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Send them down 20years hard labour...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
this is horrible!
you can even tell the cop wants to fight,as he assumes a boxing stance,then starts pummeling the poor dude!!!
i can feel a day of reckoning coming very soon for those who 'uphold' the law.
this makes me ill!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

i agree,but as for the lawsuit part,well like the old saying goes
'ya need money to make money!'
maybe a lawyer with a heart (do they exist?!) could take this case pro-bono.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
How I cringe for humanity. Recently I read an article that said NYC places 180 million dollars aside to pay for the lawsuits for police brutality. Let's hope this man gets his piece of the pie. It's every single freaking day now that we hear about this crap. It's disturbing.

There is some good news on the horizon. Some large cities now have oversight committee's that are not internal in the police departments. I'm hoping we see more oversight by civilians. This just can't keep happening over and over. This corruption is rife!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Here's what is going to happen...

The cops will claim self-defense, or that they "feared for their safety" (the magic cover-all excuse that shields cops from any responsibility for anything).
The homeless man will go to prison.
The cops will get, at most, a verbal slap on the wrist.
The world will keep spinning and cops will keep abusing the monopoly on abuse and violence that they hold.

After video after video, case after case, of police abusing their power, I just fail to see how anyone can still trust them.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by spoonbender

i agree,but as for the lawsuit part,well like the old saying goes
'ya need money to make money!'
maybe a lawyer with a heart (do they exist?!) could take this case pro-bono.

can you say contingency

the building this took place in
is a synagogue
I'm sure a lawyer will be along shortly

edit on 10/16/2012 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Someday, law enforcement might need to wake up to the fact that the rest of us outnumber them 375 to one.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

More of americas finest in action

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
We’ve all seen cases like this just get pushed to the side. This one most likely won’t be any different.

I figure there are still some good police still out there, trying to make the world a better place. But how much good can they really do when police like this and others we’ve seen in the past, are in the very same unit.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me it's what I expect from American law enforcement and what I'm teaching my kids to expect. Much different than how I was brought up in that regard. I tell my children to avoid police officers unless necessary and to obey police officers, not because they are the good guys, but because they are armed and untouchable by people in our socio-economic level. I tell them to minimize contact with the police because if we are wronged by one, we have neither the money nor the political connections to achieve regress, and that the system as it is currently implemented is more about protecting them than us. I have the youtube video, "Why you should never talk to the police" saved in multiple formats and plan on making them watch it as soon as they are old enough.

Where is the American media on these cases? Just this morning I've seen two cop stories reported on not by US media organizations, but by British ones. The other i saw was about some lady in Texas arrested for posting an undercover officer's photo on facebook.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Why all the outrage over this incident?

Police attack the population on what would seem a daily basis.

Was the victim Jewish?

edit on 16-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't understand. This took place inside a synagogue which means private property. Cops don't just walk into random buildings looking for trespassers so they had a reason for being there. Who called them and why? Where is the person that called? Is this a case of some paranoid person noticing a homeless man in the building, thinking the worst, and called the police exaggerating the situation? Did this person that called tell the police he was acting wildly or aggressive? Did they say he was a danger? It seems to me the cops walked into this situation with aggression to begin with but the question is why?

Cops, in general, ask questions before acting accept in the situation of an attack on their person or the property/persons they have been called too. So one of 3 things happened, as I see it, this homeless man became aggressive with the person who called the police and gave them a reason for fear, the person that called jumped to conclusions and made exaggerations when calling the police or the homeless man was known to the cop/s as being aggressive and/or had a record of being such. Had the cops asked questions first they would have been told that he had permission to be there by the homeless man which could have been verified and the situation would have been contained.

Why did the caller not call people to find out if he had permission to be there? The homeless man was not wearing shirt or shoes so he obviously had intention of being there for a while and felt safe in being there. A trespasser would not be so "comfortable" as they may have to flee when discovered. This, just like a lot of videos out there, raise so many more questions than they answer. Where is the rest of the information? This is also part of a news cast and it begs me to wonder if the video was cut to where they wanted it to be in order to twist the story to their own agenda for ratings, jumping on the aggressive cop band wagon that is coming to light.

Now, don't get me wrong, the cop DID take wrong action regardless of the above questions. It is clear his intention was to fight and not to restrain the man by the way he took a fighting stance in an offensive posture rather than a defensive one. His aggression should have been with the intention of restraint if that was the intent not throwing punches at a man who clearly was not standing in an aggressive posture. He was standing in a neutral posture with his arms to his sides. This should have been a simple step in and restrain. Yes, The cop went too far but there are still too many unknown variables as to why they were there, what information they had, etc. that are being withheld from us the viewer which again makes me wonder, why?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

It happened in a Jewish center, so I'm sure there is a lawyer willing to defend him....

Some cops seem to love the glorification of their job, how much do you want to bet there are some who think their life is a Hollywood film......from the minute they get up and put on the uniform on until they go to bed....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It is reported that a security guard at a youth centre found the man asleep in the lounge and, believing him to be drunk, called the police.

Yet the guy has been staying there for a month.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashtonhz8907

It is reported that a security guard at a youth centre found the man asleep in the lounge and, believing him to be drunk, called the police.

Yet the guy has been staying there for a month.

That maybe puzzling,but its beside the point that the homeless man was treated this way by the police.

That police officer is a maniac.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Koros

Thats why you live in a town like mine. With no police department haha. pop 1100

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
These videos are getting more and more common and they suck because the people you would call to protect you from such attacks are the ones doing it. calling the police would just result in another beating, so there is nothing you can do, and then they just make up a load of charges to pin on you.

This can happen to anybody, all it takes is a paranoid member of the public thinking you are up to something when your not and have them call the police on you. Try to tell them your doing nothing wrong and refuse to comply or argue you are doing nothing wrong and wham!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker
How I cringe for humanity. Recently I read an article that said NYC places 180 million dollars aside to pay for the lawsuits for police brutality. Let's hope this man gets his piece of the pie. It's every single freaking day now that we hear about this crap. It's disturbing.

What this means is that the police are comfortable and protected in their corruption and unprofessionalism. Tammany Hall Style. The solution is a class action lawsuit that taps the city for 50 billion. Or more.

It really is time to take out the trash. The NYPD and their thug politicians really needs to be slammed face first in the dirt

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join