It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran plans massive oil spil in the Persian Gulf

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Could this set off a Military strike from the West? Or would it help Iran in trying to lift sanctions from the West? Any attempt to destroy a tanker could be an act of war, no? Then again, the sanctions we put on Iran are considered an act of war as well.

I've searched and found nothing here....This is my first post and contribution so go easy. Im not familiar with india.com....

zeenews.india.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by damingus

this is the first time I have heard it !? then you mean Iran is going to suicide and ruin it's harbours ! eh this is what EU wants !!!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Or if this is true, isn't it possible that the west actually cause the spill intentionally themselves and blame it on Iran so that they can get things going?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's not an act of war if it's their own tanker.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Exactly what I was thinking.

It's actually a pretty clever plan, I'm surprised they or another country hasn't done this.

Really they woudn't have to destroy the tanker just go out there and start dumping.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It is a clever tatic by the Irainians.... akin to the Saddam Hussain mentality of 'burning the oils well's'.

The west has sanctions in place on Iran yet we still like the oil from that region.......... destabilise that flow, increase oil costs even more and hey presto the West falls down a little bit.....

I think i heard that 25% of global oil shipments pass this area and that an oil escape
would disrupt that trade........

Interesting dilemma for the West to consider...

PDUK

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
An oil spill turning waters black would give bible readers a bit of a hard on .

"And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea. The first calamity has been upon the earth; the second is upon the ocean. The second angel pours his vial upon the sea. Then the waters become red as blood and in the great mortality that follows it seems to John as if every soul in the sea was dead."

You can almost see oil as blood, as it is part of a force that runs our daily life, like a bloodstream.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
How it will stop commerce in the area? Modern ships suddenly cannot sail over oil?
And i seriously doubt Iran will do it unless during war - they will ruin their own fish industry and health of Iranians much more then that of other nations in the area due to shore length and population density.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

It's actually a pretty clever plan, I'm surprised they or another country hasn't done this.

Really they woudn't have to destroy the tanker just go out there and start dumping.

But why would they do that? Pouring profits into the sea? Im not understanding the thinking here...
So if they start dumping oil, cant the west just say, ok, we arent purchasing from you anymore? Time to pipe in that pipeline form Canada.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by damingus

But why would they do that? Pouring profits into the sea? Im not understanding the thinking here...
So if they start dumping oil, cant the west just say, ok, we arent purchasing from you anymore? Time to pipe in that pipeline form Canada.

Do you know how much oil Iran has? One tanker is nothing to them. And also, the west have already stopped bying from Iran.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Sure they(we) can find another source of oil.......why didn't I think of that.

With the sanctions in place alot of countries don't buy oil from Iran anyway or only a bare minimum . I think I heard the EU was going to expand the sanctions and ban all natural gas purchases from Iran.

If you have a product but nobody will buy it or even if they do buy it but they won't sell you anything then what good is your money? It's kinda how sanctions work.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Ok, so help me understand this correctly...

Iran creates a massive oil spill at the entrance of the Persian Gulf. This now closes the Gulf off to incoming traffic due to the cleanup that would be needed? And the only way this cleanup could take place is if Iran gives the ok?

And this now pisses off their neighbors as well, correct?

Call me ignorant to whats really going, fine. Like I stated earlier, Im not familiar with how this works. But Im trying to understand it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ummm this has already happend in the gulf of mexico just 2 years ago and was FAR MORE OIL than an iranian tanker holds.

Originally posted by JamesGC
An oil spill turning waters black would give bible readers a bit of a hard on .

"And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea. The first calamity has been upon the earth; the second is upon the ocean. The second angel pours his vial upon the sea. Then the waters become red as blood and in the great mortality that follows it seems to John as if every soul in the sea was dead."

You can almost see oil as blood, as it is part of a force that runs our daily life, like a bloodstream.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Its not just you this whole thread doesnt make sense. Iran wouldnt do anything like this-world opinion against them is bad enough as it is, to do something so overt would be just DUMB. But then again this is the Mullah's we're talking about so par for the course.

Originally posted by damingus
Ok, so help me understand this correctly...

Iran creates a massive oil spill at the entrance of the Persian Gulf. This now closes the Gulf off to incoming traffic due to the cleanup that would be needed? And the only way this cleanup could take place is if Iran gives the ok?

And this now pisses off their neighbors as well, correct?

Call me ignorant to whats really going, fine. Like I stated earlier, Im not familiar with how this works. But Im trying to understand it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Well yeah you'd have to think some of their friends would be angry but they don't really seem to care. For one thing they can beat up most of their friends except for Russia.

I think if they did something like this it would be a frustration kinda thing. It would probably start a war in the middle east so it probably won't happen.

Iran, because of the sanctions, views most of the world as an enemy. Well at least the west which is us and most of Europe and our allies.

The middle east always has been a freaking mess and it's just getting worse.

So Iran would think if you won't buy my oil then you're not buying oil from anyone. If you do then you're going to have to find another way through. The strait is only a couple or few miles wide. They wouldn't have to dump too much oil to make it virtually impassable.

But the key thing to remember is it would be a huge deal if they did this. So they probably won't unless we attack them first.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I was under the impression that Iran had more care for their local enviroment than to destroy the local fishing spots, especially since the food will be vital for a nation under sanctions.

Sounds like complete BS to me, more likely coming from someone with a different agenda but I doubt this will lead to a false flag as it would seem silly to announce such a thing first.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It's an act of war on the environment.

meh....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

That is another thing I was wondering......why tell everybody? If you wanted to do this it seems much more logical to stage it as an accident. That's what I would do.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So you are are suggesting that creating an ecological disaster is a good idea and shold have been done before?Now there's some strategy there!Psychopathic comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
wow , Nice plan from Iran . If war breaks out , they can burn the whole Strait of Hormuz .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join