learn more

Gary McKinnon extradition to US blocked by Theresa May

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
the news of Gary covered up the other news that Starbucks only paid a few million dollars on billion dollar profits.

well how else is isreal going to get its olive trees

to add: you think they bartard...like one does at the market.....we keep gary, but we will give you the hook...deal or no deal

also why is teresa May getting the credit...it wasnt blocked by her...there is a system involved...and she would of went against public opinion by sending him.....sending the ay-rab, had no public interest
edit on 16-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

I shouldn't have to keep my door locked. You shouldn't be breaking in. ..locked or not..you are still trespassing illegally.

And if you don't lock your door when your not around you're irresponsible....try claiming on your insurance if you leave your door open and get robbed.....you'll be told you contributed to the crime, and you wont get a dime!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Usually these trivial stories mask other news related to corporations and bankers. In this case the news of Gary covered up the other news that Starbucks only paid a few million dollars on billion dollar profits.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The MSM reporting is designed to keep the plebs (us) from thinking too much about how the banks and corporations are shafting society. I think there was a banker`s charter from the 1800s on ATS once which essentially said lend at the highest rates for the shortest time whilst distracting the public with trivial information/false flags.

They are both the key stories on News at Ten on the BBC - what is being hidden? Are you looking for something that actually isn't there?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

You really have to ask that dude? He broke into several secure US Govt networks. Really cant believe I had to point that out.

Correction....."He broke into several Insecure US Govt networks.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
LOOK AT THIS INTERVIEW

YOU CAN SEE WHAT HE HACKED AND HOW HE DONE IT

Spencer Kelly: Here's your list of charges: you hacked into the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, the Department of Defense, and Nasa, amongst other things. Why?

Gary McKinnon: I was in search of suppressed technology, laughingly referred to as UFO technology. I think it's the biggest kept secret in the world because of its comic value, but it's a very important thing.

Old-age pensioners can't pay their fuel bills, countries are invaded to award oil contracts to the West, and meanwhile secretive parts of the secret government are sitting on suppressed technology for free energy.

SK: How did you go about trying to find the stuff you were looking for in Nasa, in the Department of Defense?

GM: Unlike the press would have you believe, it wasn't very clever. I searched for blank passwords, I wrote a tiny Perl script that tied together other people's programs that search for blank passwords, so you could scan 65,000 machines in just over eight minutes.

SK: So you're saying that you found computers which had a high-ranking status, administrator status, which hadn't had their passwords set - they were still set to default?

GM: Yes, precisely.

SK: Were you the only hacker to make it past the slightly lower-than-expected lines of defence?

GM: Yes, exactly, there were no lines of defence. There was a permanent tenancy of foreign hackers. You could run a command when you were on the machine that showed connections from all over the world, check the IP address to see if it was another military base or whatever, and it wasn't.

The General Accounting Office in America has again published another damning report saying that federal security is very, very poor.

SK: Over what kind of period were you hacking into these computers? Was it a one-time only, or for the course of a week?

GM: Oh no, it was a couple of years.

SK: And you went unnoticed for a couple of years?

GM: Oh yes. I used to be careful about the hours.

SK: So you would log on in the middle of the night, say?

GM: Yes, I'd always be juggling different time zones. Doing it at night time there's hopefully not many people around. But there was one occasion when a network engineer saw me and actually questioned me and we actually talked to each other via WordPad, which was very, very strange.

SK: So what did he say? And what did you say?

GM: He said "What are you doing?" which was a bit shocking. I told him I was from Military Computer Security, which he fully believed.

SK: Did you find what you were looking for?

GM: Yes.

SK: Tell us about it.

GM: There was a group called the Disclosure Project. They published a book which had 400 expert witnesses ranging from civilian air traffic controllers, through military radar operators, right up to the chaps who were responsible for whether or not to launch nuclear missiles.

They are some very credible, relied upon people, all saying yes, there is UFO technology, there's anti-gravity, there's free energy, and it's extra-terrestrial in origin, and we've captured spacecraft and reverse-engineered it.

SK: What did you find inside Nasa?

GM: One of these people was a Nasa photographic expert, and she said that in building eight of Johnson Space Centre they regularly airbrushed out images of UFOs from the high-resolution satellite imaging. What she said was there was there: there were folders called "filtered" and "unfiltered", "processed" and "raw", something like that.

I got one picture out of the folder, and bearing in mind this is a 56k dial-up, so a very slow internet connection, in dial-up days, using the remote control programme I turned the colour down to 4bit colour and the screen resolution really, really low, and even then the picture was still juddering as it came onto the screen.

But what came on to the screen was amazing. It was a culmination of all my efforts. It was a picture of something that definitely wasn't man-made.

It was above the Earth's hemisphere. It kind of looked like a satellite. It was cigar-shaped and had geodesic domes above, below, to the left, the right and both ends of it, and although it was a low-resolution picture it was very close up.

This thing was hanging in space, the earth's hemisphere visible below it, and no rivets, no seams, none of the stuff associated with normal man-made manufacturing.

SK: Is it possible this is an artist's impression?

GM: I don't know... For me, it was more than a coincidence. This woman has said: "This is what happens, in this building, in this space centre". I went into that building, that space centre, and saw exactly that.

SK: Do you have a copy of this? It came down to your machine.
edit on 16-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

GM: No, the graphical remote viewer works frame by frame. It's a Java application, so there's nothing to save on your hard drive, or at least if it is, only one frame at a time.

SK: So did you get the one frame?

GM: No.

SK: What happened?

GM: Once I was cut off, my picture just disappeared.

SK: You were actually cut off the time you were downloading the picture?

GM: Yes, I saw the guy's hand move across.

SK: You acknowledge that what you did was against the law, it was wrong, don't you?

GM: Unauthorised access is against the law and it is wrong.

SK: What do you think is a suitable punishment for someone who did what you did?

GM: Firstly, because of what I was looking for, I think I was morally correct. Even though I regret it now, I think the free energy technology should be publicly available.

I want to be tried in my own country, under the Computer Misuse Act, and I want evidence brought forward, or at least want the Americans to have to provide evidence in order to extradite me, because I know there is no evidence of damage.

all from www.petitiononline.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

I thought that in these times of austerity the important topic of Starbuck`s corporation tax would be discussed in an adult manner. Instead the topic is lumped with news about a hacker and probably given equal or less news time.

Keep looking at the right hand when they want you to look at the left hand.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by something wicked

I thought that in these times of austerity the important topic of Starbuck`s corporation tax would be discussed in an adult manner. Instead the topic is lumped with news about a hacker and probably given equal or less news time.

Keep looking at the right hand when they want you to look at the left hand.

Good point, but surely for a different thread? I don't think there is any left hand/right hand going off.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

So now I guess I'll start trying to hack in the the UK's millitary computers just to have a look see what's there. Think I'll get in trouble for that?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The damages they claim he has done is ludicrous. Any network worth anything would have security policies and workstations on lock down. It's unbelievable hearing these things that the US government has wide open computers with sensitive data on it, especially one that has remote terminal services running.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
CNN television news item on the extradition decision:

They should lock him up for being so weird looking alone, he looks like a serial killer

Lol, my first thought when I saw that pic in the embedded video was "Bloody hell he looks like the Epic Troll Guy!" Hahahahahaha.

In all seriousness though, GG to Ms May. If anyone is dumb enough to leave supposed "Highly Secretive/Classified" material on computers that are so easily gotten into, they deserve everything that comes at them. Always funny seeing how much Governments go apesh*t when people get into their systems when they were dumb enough to use unencrypted, easily cracked passwords. Hell, some of the systems he got onto didn't even HAVE password protection.

Suck it up US Government, you just got schooled.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

For sure, he made the USA look weak at that time but lets be honest, he is small fry compared to the Israeli spies in the US (and other nationals selling US secrets).
edit on 16-10-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

But don't you know that's the terrorists fault, not the US or Israelis?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I am so relieved to hear this. I have been pensively waiting for this news for almost a decade.

Very pleased.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Wow. Thanks for that interview transcript extract. I have tried watching a number of his video interviews and no one ever got to asking him what he found. Now to find out, it appears all he got was info on Steven Greer's Disclosure project and an image which he doesn't know is a photograph or an artist's rendition. He could have gotten the same stuff from the internet without all the associated major legal hassles. Of course he could just be disseminating misinformation as part of a flea-bargain agreement...

Anyway, I'm glad the US isn't going to get its sadistic, punitive hands on this fellow -- particularly since they want to throw him in prison for 60 years for primarily pointing out the insecurity of their "secure" computers.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
dont get to excited, this is just a trick to get asange to come out, trying to get him to think oh, ok maybe the system does work,,,, second he walks out that door lol, WHAM.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Congtats Britain in actually having the ability to think for yourselves for a change and make your own decisions ... lets hope this can be the start of things to come !!!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
2:58pm, Tue 16 Oct 2012
Ecuadoran embassy: Parallels between Gary McKinnon and Julian Assange

www.itv.com/news/update/2012-10-16/ecuadoran-embassy-parallels-between-gary-mckinnon-and-julian-assange/

A spokesman for the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, where WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is staying, has said that parallels can be drawn between Assange and Gary McKinnon.

He said: "There are obvious parallels here with the fears expressed by Julian Assange.

"The UK government ought to now publicly state that they will not, under any circumstances, allow the onward extradition of Julian Assange to the US where he would be subject to the undermining of his human rights just as Gary McKinnon would have been."

Mr Assange has been staying at the Embassy since June seeking to avoid extradition to Sweden.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Too be honest....

If he writes a book. I will buy it. AND I don't even believe in UFO's.

Here's to Gary! Here Here!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
There is more to this than meets the eye i think?. Relationships haven't been to hot between the UK, and USA recently, and this one sided extradition treaty is a load of hogwash.
Gary Mickinnon with his 56k modem has taught the Americans that they are not invincible, and the CIA, the Pentagon, and Homeland security has had it's nose bloodied, it's sour grapes that's all.
I bet he's been offered a job with computers here in the UK. Well done Gary.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join