It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon extradition to US blocked by Theresa May

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Oh yeah, he hacked an unsecured computer, eh! Big criminal action that is, a 12 year old could have done it. I don't believe in the world you believe in by the way. There wouldn't be secured files in mine.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The case to come will be of more interest than the extradition. I suspect that in this case the state will be reluctant to bring this to a conviction as it would mean many nefarious practices used for snooping and sabotage that currently sit within a gray area of law might just become illegal under international law. McKinnon, as far as I am aware, committed no criminal act against the Crown. He aggrieved a third party by proxy. Now what he did might be a crime in the US, but he's not in the US. If he committed the same act against the UK government then he would be prosecuted by the Crown, but this is not the case either. If there was some sort of international agreement to cover this there would be no argument, so its a legal unknown as to whether an offense has even been committed. If McKinnon is found guilty of some sort of electronic invasion within another countries borders, well it's not rocket science to see where that's heading.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
doesn't the u.s. have statute of limitations on certain crimes.

he hacked their computers with a 56k modem for earth's sake.

they're still after him.

i guess they want to get a hold of him to shut him up, fry his brain and make an example.

he claims he saw a picture of a cigar shaped ufo, and i believe him.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
He didn't "hack" anything. The computers he accessed had default passwords or none. That's not hacking. If anything, NASA's network admin should be fired for his extreme lack of security protocols.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
He didn't "hack" anything. The computers he accessed had default passwords or none. That's not hacking. If anything, NASA's network admin should be fired for his extreme lack of security protocols.

Could not have summed it up better

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by something wicked

Dude, there is no reasoning with these guys, thats why I stopped replying, I dont know if its denail or ignorance but give it up.. its probably no accident that he has monkey in his name.
Hey monkey, go ahead and try hacking a US govt computer and see what happens. I dont think your, "Im not in your country" defense would hold up.

edit on 10/16/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

Boo hoo - an autistic guy made your country look wholly incompetent.

Well done Mrs May, for once you've made a good decision and told the Americans to do one.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Dude, there is no reasoning with these guys, thats why I stopped replying, I dont know if its denail or ignorance but give it up.. its probably no accident that he has monkey in his name.
Hey monkey, go ahead and try hacking a US govt computer and see what happens. I dont think your, "Im not in your country" defense would hold up.

Well done Mrs May, for once you've made a good decision and told the Americans to do one.

Well, I'm British personally and I think a lot of people have completely missed the point - the extradition has not been approved, not the criminal proceedings which may now take place in the UK.

I'm not sure what to make of your comment - do you think autistic people in any way lack intelligence? Why do you think that? Personally I may (or may not) be against the extradition based on the length of the sentence which seems disproportionate to the crime, but that is not to be blind to the fact that a legal case will still follow.

Juggernog, I am also going to ignore the comments from the not very wise threewisemonkeys, kind of a waste of time debating something with someone who has no stance on which to debate.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Well, I'm British personally and I think a lot of people have completely missed the point - the extradition has not been approved, not the criminal proceedings which may now take place in the UK.

I'm not sure what to make of your comment - do you think autistic people in any way lack intelligence? Why do you think that? Personally I may (or may not) be against the extradition based on the length of the sentence which seems disproportionate to the crime, but that is not to be blind to the fact that a legal case will still follow.

Juggernog, I am also going to ignore the comments from the not very wise threewisemonkeys, kind of a waste of time debating something with someone who has no stance on which to debate.

HEY something wicked

no one incited anything at all

dont try to derail this smooth running thread
and bye the way the paralympics have finished so PC not on the agenda

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
About time the UK stood up to the USA.

Very good news

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

HEY something wicked

What does "PC not on the agenda" mean? What does "No one incited anything at all" mean? Are you attempting to second guess what other posters meant?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

ok I've skipped a few posts following yours (2 pages and counting!) but as far as I understand it the CPS or such like will now look into whether to prosecute him over here or not?

Oh and....

Yeah we stood up to those nasty Americans!

Dear UK Government, give this man a JOB!!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
My god the tories did something useful. Let's hope they don't keep it up or people might vote them in again ffs.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

HEY something wicked

What does "PC not on the agenda" mean? What does "No one incited anything at all" mean? Are you attempting to second guess what other posters meant?

Hi

I was speaking in jargon
if you felt any offence then i apologise

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog He broke into several secure US Govt networks. Really cant believe I had to point that out.

so secure that this amateur hacker breezed on in. he did them a favour, highlighting their lax security, and not for 'terrorist' reasons, but to look for ufos. whoever designed the govts. 'security' for the networks mckinnon hacked should be in court. fail.
edit on 16/10/12 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
U.S. criminal faction was probably less concerned about aliens, and more concerned about what he learned of the 2.3 trillion dollars that somehow got lost.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Don't get mad,get even I like to say.We'll reciprocate at the right time.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Forgive me, being short on time I will not have a chance to read all the posts until quite a bit later so this may already have been said.

From what I understand, Gary has some serious health issues and frankly, even an as American myself, I feared our government would take him to Guantanamo and torture him. If anyone ever saw him again, he certainly would not be the same mentally, if not physically Gary McKinnon who was extradited.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Hi

I was speaking in jargon
if you felt any offence then i apologise

Where were you speaking jargon? I know what you meant, but wanted you to be big enough to actually say it. Will you? So explain what you meant by "PC not on the agenda" because that seems to mean (based on your comments about the paralympics) that it is somehow alright to mock the disabled - is that what you meant?
edit on 16-10-2012 by something wicked because: missed a key

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

i heard it was to do with the evidence in the case

in the US it would of been kept private
in the UK its public

which brings me back to the question i had

do we get to see the evidence now???????

peace

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Usually these trivial stories mask other news related to corporations and bankers. In this case the news of Gary covered up the other news that Starbucks only paid a few million dollars on billion dollar profits.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The MSM reporting is designed to keep the plebs (us) from thinking too much about how the banks and corporations are shafting society. I think there was a banker`s charter from the 1800s on ATS once which essentially said lend at the highest rates for the shortest time whilst distracting the public with trivial information/false flags.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join