It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon extradition to US blocked by Theresa May

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by davesmart

Information can be "stolen" and when its Top Secret information thats viewed/stolen, thats even worse. You guys know this but youre just being stubborn because of your support for him.

And for the record, I could care less one way or another, he means nothing to me and my Govt means nothing to me.
I am just pointing out the facts.

link

3 monkeys..love ur avat
see no evil
here no
speak no

The US authorities claim he deleted critical files from operating systems, which shut down the US Army’s Military District of Washington network of 2,000 computers for 24 hours. McKinnon also posted a notice on the military's website: "Your security is crap". After the September 11 attacks, he deleted weapons logs at the Earle Naval Weapons Station, rendering its network of 300 computers inoperable and paralyzing munitions supply deliveries for the US Navy's Atlantic Fleet. McKinnon is also accused of copying data, account files and passwords onto his own computer. US authorities claim the cost of tracking and correcting the problems he caused was over $700,000.[5] While not admitting that it constituted evidence of destruction, McKinnon did admit leaving a threat on one computer: US foreign policy is akin to Government-sponsored terrorism these days … It was not a mistake that there was a huge security stand down on September 11 last year … I am SOLO. I will continue to disrupt at the highest levels … [6]

edit on 10/16/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

Hi

Yes i am aware of the facts
The fact is this was 10 yrs ago
his life has been on hold since he commited this hyenous crime

The guy was on a dial up modem 56k downloading at the best would have been 5-15 kbps

As i said he may have seen something that the americans dont like, but does he have it on his hard drive?

No physical evidence has been disclosed therefore he is another loon that seen a UFO on American computers

Or maybe he did see something and the usa is scared, either way he has aspergers and will get away with what
he did or did not do

And to the folks that say he looks like a weirdo...well so do you

edit on 16-10-2012 by davesmart because: added

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Its classic isn't it. The Gov came home after a night of booze and prostitutes to find they had left a window open. Being somewhat cunning they decided that the 15 year old Trinitron should be replaced by a 60" AMOLED. Might as well claim for a microwave and a cappuccino maker and say lots of crap was taken so we can bump up that claim. I remember him stating he never deleted anything. But he was right, their security was shyte.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

Someone commented "if you can't do the crime", well, what crime has actually been committed?

You really have to ask that dude? He broke into several secure US Govt networks. Really cant believe I had to point that out.

I can't believe you just stated that. How can someone break into a SECURE network? Think about what you just said. For him to break in meant it was never secure in the first place

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Just waiting to hear that Julian Assange has depression and is suicidal now

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
Just waiting to hear that Julian Assange has depression and is suicidal now

Subliminal thoughts?
could be true..

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferryman
Good News, i expected this. I can't believe that the USA wanted to get their hands on him, maybe it was to give him a job who knows?. Anyway his ordeal is finally over,

edit on 16-10-2012 by Ferryman because: mistake

if they wanted to offer him one they would have done so ages ago and would be enjoying his expertise. instead, they spent ten years and a lot of money being as vindictive and petty as possible. i expect they will now put theresa may on a no-fly list.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thats one in the hand of justice. The lad has Asperger's. it should have ended years ago. It is well overdue. Some of the laws they tried to prosecute him with were instigated after the event took place.

If someone could access NASA systems using the simple method that he did. Then they are missing the point. Their security sucks.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

i have two points...i hope someone can help

1) now that he is being tried in the UK...does that mean the evidence becomes public? can we see the evidence?

2) seeing as they extradited hamza the hook...isnt this a bit racist?

peace
edit on 16-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Funny, there is nothing in any of the US news articles stating his claims of accessing a top secret navy space-program personnel document. There is a story from every news outlet here about this, yet they all have this glaring omission.

Way to go MSM! At least his name is out there again for those who want to do a search for deeper information.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I was very pleased when I saw the news of this earlier today, this man wasn't a mega hacker looking to take down governments, he was using perl scripts that are freely available on the internet and only managed to see what he did because the security was NON EXISTENT or very close to being.

If anything the US owe him a favour for doing what he did sadly they just wanted to make an example of him for daring to embarrass them so badly. I mean, who would have thought that NASA was so easy to hack and there's what he did when he was online there, he chatted to a security person via Notepad, hardly a stealthy ninja hacker.

All he is, is a nerdy ufologist looking at the place most ufologists think has the evidence and by accounts he found something but he wasn't even able to download it.

Genius hacker .......NOT.....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

I was very pleased when I saw the news of this earlier today, this man wasn't a mega hacker looking to take down governments, he was using perl scripts that are freely available on the internet and only managed to see what he did because the security was NON EXISTENT or very close to being.

If anything the US owe him a favour for doing what he did sadly they just wanted to make an example of him for daring to embarrass them so badly. I mean, who would have thought that NASA was so easy to hack and there's what he did when he was online there, he chatted to a security person via Notepad, hardly a stealthy ninja hacker.

All he is, is a nerdy ufologist looking at the place most ufologists think has the evidence and by accounts he found something but he wasn't even able to download it.

Genius hacker .......NOT.....

Hya

that is correct, pearl script and exposing weaknesses

Thia farce has you americans and us brits a bloody headache

this could have been sorted long ago

as for you that says its racist about that one handed christian hate inciter
grow up and get out of your shell FFS

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys
reply to post by Juggernog

We know that already, not quite breaking news is it. But how is it a crime? What about the act(s) is criminal. If I drive on a UK motorway at 70mph should I be fined by the US because their speed limit is only 55? Apologies but I like many familiar with this case have trouble even quantifying the "criminal" aspect of his actions. Cant believe I had to point THAT out.

Not sure your logic makes sense there. If you drove on an American highway at a speed over their limit, then yes it's criminal, if you do the same speed on a UK motorway and it isn't over the UK speed limit, it isn't. If you hack UK governments and it isn't illegal (I'm guessing it is, but to go with your argument) then no criminal act has been committed. If you have a government network where it is illegal, then you have committed a crime regardless of where you are physically located - kind of makes sense really, not sure what you find confusing?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

We know that already, not quite breaking news is it. But how is it a crime? What about the act(s) is criminal. If I drive on a UK motorway at 70mph should I be fined by the US because their speed limit is only 55? Apologies but I like many familiar with this case have trouble even quantifying the "criminal" aspect of his actions. Cant believe I had to point THAT out.

Not sure your logic makes sense there. If you drove on an American highway at a speed over their limit, then yes it's criminal, if you do the same speed on a UK motorway and it isn't over the UK speed limit, it isn't. If you hack UK governments and it isn't illegal (I'm guessing it is, but to go with your argument) then no criminal act has been committed. If you have a government network where it is illegal, then you have committed a crime regardless of where you are physically located - kind of makes sense really, not sure what you find confusing?

Hi poster

The person was finding a point that relativly justifies how farcicle it is, For Example

Up untill last week i was subscribed to crappy TalkTalk

I could not access some content on the net, and due to their price hike i switched back to a 3payg dongle

Seems weird that i can now access PI***E bay even though its supposed to be closed down (it was on talkTalk)

any way point being, your rules are yours in your home not mine in mine

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Oh, his extradition was still in contention?

Seems he had been fighting or waiting to be extradited for about half a decade so far.

Compared with say Hamza who's on a plane in almost the same day.

Great news regardless.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

As the crime was against the state (regime) of the US, it does make sense for him to be tried in the USA
reply to post by Flavian

Crime in the loosest sense of the word. Uncovering a crime would be more accurate.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

Hi poster

The person was finding a point that relativly justifies how farcicle it is, For Example

Up untill last week i was subscribed to crappy TalkTalk

I could not access some content on the net, and due to their price hike i switched back to a 3payg dongle

Seems weird that i can now access PI***E bay even though its supposed to be closed down (it was on talkTalk)

any way point being, your rules are yours in your home not mine in mine

To your comment post 'point being', no, you are wrong. If a crime has been committed by - let's say you - by accessing unlawfully a system you do not have authorised access to, it doesn't matter what country you are physically based in. The case against this person has not been dropped as he committed (what the law says) is an un-lawful act - that has not in any way been dropped. It's extradition to face trial in America that has been dropped. The fact you are saying you can now access Pirate Bay because you have changed host is neither here nor there, if Talk Talk denied access to that service is completely up to them.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Dude, there is no reasoning with these guys, thats why I stopped replying, I dont know if its denail or ignorance but give it up.. its probably no accident that he has monkey in his name.
Hey monkey, go ahead and try hacking a US govt computer and see what happens. I dont think your, "Im not in your country" defense would hold up.

edit on 10/16/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Ok now you're starting to grasp the logic. Now... if I sit here in my lounge in sunny old blighty and by remote control, drive a vehicle down your street exceeding the posted speed limit, what crime am I committing, and where am I committing that crime? If I am in the UK, how can I be speeding in the US? It's a technicality, but a very important one in this case.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
As the crime was against the state (regime) of the US, it does make sense for him to be tried in the USA or at least for the US judicial process to be applied to him.

Your child comes round to our house to play. My child hits your child. Do I send my child round to your house for punishment as dictated by you? Would you send your child to be disciplined by another? Same difference.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Finally some good news in this case. Had completely enough of the SS walking over the world. Extradition is not a right, and the only approval that I would agree to is if someone was like Charles Manson, but oh, I forgot, they usually work for the Black OPs.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join