It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon extradition to US blocked by Theresa May

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

A thief is a thief ..any way you look at it. The only reason why we lock our doors now is because of thieves..and enemies. If people were not criminals then it wouldnt matter. ,,the kid did wrong..knowingly...so are you saying its OK to break into homes if the door is unlocked?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

We know that already, not quite breaking news is it. But how is it a crime? What about the act(s) is criminal. If I drive on a UK motorway at 70mph should I be fined by the US because their speed limit is only 55? Apologies but I like many familiar with this case have trouble even quantifying the "criminal" aspect of his actions. Cant believe I had to point THAT out.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

What did he steal exactly? Better yet, go find a law dictionary, look up the legal definition of "theft" then come back with a reasonable explanation of what what stolen.

And no, you don't lock your door because of thieves, you lock it because you're scared. By that logic you might want to avoid leaving the house, you could be hit by a bus. Good old fear.

edit on 16-10-2012 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Nearly died seeing the Conservatives do something useful.

Good to see the UK standing up to the US, but no doubt he will have an "accident" soon.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior
Nearly died seeing the Conservatives do something useful.

Good to see the UK standing up to the US, but no doubt he will have an "accident" soon.

Most likely die from a heart attack in a cafe
eating a lovely bacon and tomato batch with brown sauce and a mug of strong tea...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So how come all those thieving MP's with their false expense claims are still walking about free. Some even get jobs on the BBC.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

So how come all those thieving MP's with their false expense claims are still walking about free. Some even get jobs on the BBC.

Yeh a bit like Jimmy Saville

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Its about time this Goverment did something useful!
Jack straw and the Labour were too meak for the Americans when it all happened.
I don't think Presedent Obama could care less or he would have kicked up a stink by now.
How sweet of Theresa May to think of it at 'compelling' as if it has now taken up Gary as a good read, when clearly he stumbled on more than he had bargained for.
Good luck Gary, you lucky boy you! You know they are out there!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys

We know that already, not quite breaking news is it. But how is it a crime? What about the act(s) is criminal. If I drive on a UK motorway at 70mph should I be fined by the US because their speed limit is only 55? Apologies but I like many familiar with this case have trouble even quantifying the "criminal" aspect of his actions. Cant believe I had to point THAT out.

Now youre just being stupid and arguing for the sake of arguing. Breaking into a secure govt computer is the crime, its against the law.
Dont even bother countering. Not gonna play your childish game.

Source

Theft of Information Theft of information refers to the theft of information from a secure or private computer system, as when a hacker illegally breaks into a government system to obtain top secret information. The theft of trade secrets and the computer-aided duplication of copyrighted materials—such as video games, movies, and music—also fall into this category.

edit on 10/16/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Well, he did hack into several US Govt computers..

It does not say much for US Pentagon security if he could hack in does it. Just shows how pathetic the US is despite it's "we are the best" attitude. They should give him a medal for showing them just how inept they are rather than trying to incarcerate him for a ridiculous 60 years.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Dammit...I was going to post in the other thread about the pending decision he would be allowed to stay, but got sidetracked by work!!!

Good old Mrs May.... Actually stood up for a UK citizen at last!

People are going to think I am odd for this, but there is something alluring about Theresa May.... She could block my extradition any time...

Na, I thought you were a odd ball before this.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well done Gary...common sense at last...Now what did you find out for us..

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys

Now youre just being stupid and arguing for the sake of arguing. Breaking into a secure govt computer is the crime, its against the law.
Dont even bother countering. Not gonna play your childish game.

Source

Theft of Information Theft of information refers to the theft of information from a secure or private computer system, as when a hacker illegally breaks into a government system to obtain top secret information. The theft of trade secrets and the computer-aided duplication of copyrighted materials—such as video games, movies, and music—also fall into this category.

Hi Juggernog

For example

I seen my friend having relations with another

Do i open my mouth and say something with no evidence and split a whole family up
or do i shut my mouth.

As for "He stole information" wtf?

Define stealing, i see it a as taking something thats physical form from someone else

What about Marconi? 20 odd of his patents from Tezla were used in his Radio..is he a thief

NO this episode has gone on far to long
edit on 16-10-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Mr McKinnon, 46, who admits accessing US government computers but claims he was looking for evidence of UFOs, has been fighting extradition since 2002.

From Isaacs OP

Gary Mckinnon is the UFO hacker seeking to avoid extradition to the US to face trial for hacking into US military networks

From Isaacs 2nd Post

The US extradition fiasco must be weighing enormously upon Mr McKinnon - looks like he could use some time out from all of this, and then some.

I'd love to get him in a room for a few hours - I'd bring my 2 best wenches with me and then I'd be like:

"Grins McGee - you give him a "foot" rub, Snake eyed Sally - you give him a "neck" rub"

Then I'd break out the Rum & Tequila and just start hammering the shots into him, then I'd be like:

"Now, just relax and enjoy yourself friend, me and you are on the same side, now, tell me exactly what you saw about the UFO's - and don't skip the finer details"

Yep - thats what I'd like to do.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Just not getting it are you. Where is it a crime? Where did he commit the crime? I suggest he neither committed the crime in the US nor the UK but somewhere in between. Care to show me the lawbooks for Inbeweenistan? Didn't think so.

And again someone using "theft" in this case without understanding what consitutes theft. Here's a hint, copying isn't theft. Theft is taking someones property without their permission thereby depriving them of the use of that item. If I walk down the road and pinch your car, you have no car. I have stolen it. I have deprived you of its use. If I walk down the road and decide I like the look of your car and whip out my magical car copying iphoney app and carbon copy your delightful motor, what have I stolen from you? Sod all. Electronic theft, lol.
edit on 16-10-2012 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
"Now, just relax and enjoy yourself friend, me and you are on the same side, now, tell me exactly what you saw about the UFO's - and don't skip the finer details"

Yep - thats what I'd like to do.

Gary McKinnon has talked about what he claims to have seen, e.g. in the video below:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Information can be "stolen" and when its Top Secret information thats viewed/stolen, thats even worse. You guys know this but youre just being stubborn because of your support for him.

And for the record, I could care less one way or another, he means nothing to me and my Govt means nothing to me.
I am just pointing out the facts.

link

The US authorities claim he deleted critical files from operating systems, which shut down the US Army’s Military District of Washington network of 2,000 computers for 24 hours. McKinnon also posted a notice on the military's website: "Your security is crap". After the September 11 attacks, he deleted weapons logs at the Earle Naval Weapons Station, rendering its network of 300 computers inoperable and paralyzing munitions supply deliveries for the US Navy's Atlantic Fleet. McKinnon is also accused of copying data, account files and passwords onto his own computer. US authorities claim the cost of tracking and correcting the problems he caused was over $700,000.[5] While not admitting that it constituted evidence of destruction, McKinnon did admit leaving a threat on one computer: US foreign policy is akin to Government-sponsored terrorism these days … It was not a mistake that there was a huge security stand down on September 11 last year … I am SOLO. I will continue to disrupt at the highest levels … [6]

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

No..I am saying it is a fact of life that we have house break-ins..so therefore we lock the door...otherwise the fees you pay to insurance companies are null and void and you would lose your worldly goods. We do not live in an ideal world no matter how much we might desire it.
A government body such as the Pentagon should have secured their computers with at least a password..No?? Then the temptation for these hackers would be zero.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by davesmart

Information can be "stolen" and when its Top Secret information thats viewed/stolen, thats even worse. You guys know this but youre just being stubborn because of your support for him.

And for the record, I could care less one way or another, he means nothing to me and my Govt means nothing to me.
I am just pointing out the facts.

link

The US authorities claim he deleted critical files from operating systems, which shut down the US Army’s Military District of Washington network of 2,000 computers for 24 hours. McKinnon also posted a notice on the military's website: "Your security is crap". After the September 11 attacks, he deleted weapons logs at the Earle Naval Weapons Station, rendering its network of 300 computers inoperable and paralyzing munitions supply deliveries for the US Navy's Atlantic Fleet. McKinnon is also accused of copying data, account files and passwords onto his own computer. US authorities claim the cost of tracking and correcting the problems he caused was over $700,000.[5] While not admitting that it constituted evidence of destruction, McKinnon did admit leaving a threat on one computer: US foreign policy is akin to Government-sponsored terrorism these days … It was not a mistake that there was a huge security stand down on September 11 last year … I am SOLO. I will continue to disrupt at the highest levels … [6]

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Cheers Isaac - you never cease to amaze me with your prompt resourcefulness.

This is exactly what I want to see - and gives me something to watch on the Bridge this evening.
(Captain - Merchant Navy)

I'll send the wenches and booze around to your place as a thanks

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join