It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon extradition to US blocked by Theresa May

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

But then again...you would not go leaving your front door open would you?? He did the US a massive favour...he showed them how bad their security was.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

Originally posted by stumason
People are going to think I am odd for this, but there is something alluring about Theresa May.... She could block my extradition any time...

Yup, that is odd..

Hey man, she has something about her...

Not to mention my penchant for the older lady....

Too much info, I know

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Isn't this the guy that hacked into Nasa and tried to say he saw files on aliens but never released any of the evidence to the public?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well, Special thanks MUST go out to Pink Floyd's David Gilmour his invaluable influence on this case. It is, of course, embarrassing to the US on every level, from how vulnerable our security was to how we behaved in the aftermath. Like most, I have been completely disgusted by all of it.

My question now is: How many undetected unlocked doors remain for other hackers to exploit?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Aha, another fine example of US hypocisy, considering they just got caught red handed being the source of FLAME/GAUS/MiniFLAME.

Toss pots.

OMG! The conservatives done something RIGHT for once, LOL.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

So in theory then some 18 yr old kid who lets just say has an interest in UFO's could look up a g--v password, start accessing there storage vaults just for kicks. Then one day he gets charged, extradited, and locked up for 60 yrs where by day he's forced to do heavy labor for 12 hour shifts building military hardward that will be used to kill, and he takes it up the butt every night after he's done work for 60 years. Or maybe he's locked up in solitary where he loses his mind, is then sent to a funny farm where he gets experimented on with new drugs they want to beta test. Yes I think the crime fits' the punishment. nothing like the good ole criminal justice system in the you es of ah to get it right.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

I shouldn't have to keep my door locked. You shouldn't be breaking in. ..locked or not..you are still trespassing illegally.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
hi op

Excellent news

To those that have little sympathy

When garry hacked the so called unguarded computers
he was on dial up internet.

He had no chance on a crappy connection to download MBs of files

He may well have seen something but thats as far as it goes.

Thx May i never thought you would make the correct decision

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

People are going to think I am odd for this, but there is something alluring about Theresa May.... She could block my extradition any time...

Yup, that is odd..

Hey man, she has something about her...

Not to mention my penchant for the older lady....

Too much info, I know

Careful Stumason

You might start fantacising about Anne Widicombe....or dare i say Mo molam

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

But we do lock our doors...it's a fact of life now. Who is worse..a man who hacked the pentagon's unsecured computers because he was obsessed by aliens..or the Pentagon staff who put a whole country at risk by leaving those computers exposed to threat?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
In my opinion he should still stand trial in the UK, I do agree with this decision as I don't think he would have had a fair trial if extradited and a 60 year sentence just isn't humane. If he hadn't of left threats to continue to disrupt on the computers I would be saying now leave the guy alone but he did so I think he should still stand Trial.

In fairness though his ten years of suffering should be taken into account on any verdict even though it was mostly self inflicted by constant appeals.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Er...

What's your point/question... I think you laid the irony/sarcasm on so thick, I can't see the bread (or even tell if there is any)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
CNN television news item on the extradition decision:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I have my limits

She has an air of Deborah Meaden about her.... I think it's a "power" thing...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This whole episode was a joke...first off...the UK have done nothing but kiss the backside of the USA for at least the last 20 years....probably longer. And everything is one sided...Britain gets zero out of the deal...well the British people get zero... I'm sure Tony Blair and his cronies have done very well out of it all personally...
This case being a perfect example...
I understand he broke the law...but the sentences America try to impose on his crime are outrageous. Tying to lock someone up for 25+ years for looking for UFO's is unconscionable. Id rather take the electric chair than spend 25 years in prison...and when you take into account the nature of the crime...the attitude of the US is far beyond excessive..

My mistake 60 year sentence for computer hacking nerd.....and the USA keep telling us China and North Korea are inhumane.....
edit on 16-10-2012 by TheBlackHat because: mistake

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
the UK have done nothing but kiss the backside of the USA for at least the last 20 years....probably longer.

But the UK didn't do what the USA wanted this time...

While in opposition, various members of the Conservative Party (including David Cameron) were critical of the extradition arrangements with the USA and showed some support for Gary McKinnon. Personally, I find it surprising that it took so long after the election for a way to be found to stop Gary McKinnon's extradition.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
CNN television news item on the extradition decision:

They should lock him up for being so weird looking alone, he looks like a serial killer

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Taking into consideration the fact we are talking about the electronic frontier, define "breaking in"?? How can you equate someone physically gaining access to your private property to someone thousands of miles away simply looking at your property, albeit without your permission. Is someone peeping through your window the same as someone breaking into your house? I think not. Its as asinine as calling illegal downloading "theft". Someone commented "if you can't do the crime", well, what crime has actually been committed? Has anyone suffered injury? No. Has anyone incurred loss? Debatable. Has anyone been inconvenienced ? Absolutely, but hardly a crime. Has anyone been made to look foolish? Absulutely, but again hardly a criminal act. All we ned now is an acquittal and justice will be served. The US needs to stop whining and reevaluate their security protocols instead.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Not that I care, but there are gonna be some very unhappy relatives of some charming individuals that were recently extradited to the U.S.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

Someone commented "if you can't do the crime", well, what crime has actually been committed?

You really have to ask that dude? He broke into several secure US Govt networks. Really cant believe I had to point that out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join