It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decision to be made on Gary Mckinnon extradition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Well, ten years after UFO enthusiast Gary McKinnon "hacked" into the pentagon, Teresa May is set to make a final decision on whether he'll be extradited to the US where he could face up to 60 years in prison.
bbc.co.uk
As I'm sure most of you are familiar with the McKinnon case, here's a quick recap if not..

In 2002 Gary McKinnon, a systems administrator from Scotland was accused of perpetrating "the biggest computer hack of all time", with the american authorities claiming he caused seven hundred thousand dollars worth of damage.

His side of the story, as you can imagine is quite different.
McKinnon claims he used a simple perl script, which led him to discover the default passwords were still in place. He proceeded to control a pentagon PC remotely, without considering the timezone differences so its didn't take much for the Admins to notice something was up.

Now onto what he saw, or what he claims he saw.
Mckinnon says he investigated a NASA photographic experts claim that they had been cropping out UFOs in Nasa images. He says he looked into building 8 and found this to be true.
He also claims to have seen spreadsheets listing names with the title, "non terrestrial officers" hinting at some koind of top secret US space fleet.

I really can't decide what to believe on this one because to be honest, if you accessed the pentagon illegally and didn't find anything, would you admit that? Even with the pressure of the US on you?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The story stinks , TEN years ..... he can`t have done that much damage.

I`m sure he was extradited last year , but i`ve seen people reported dead to find out their still alive in 2012 soooooo
yeah.

He`ll get extradited , well they`ll decide to extradite him and he`ll kill himself like he said he would.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

we wouldnt extradite a terrorist but we will extradite someone with aspergers syndrome .
the uk sucks up to the usa ,grow some balls PM

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Its pathetic it really is.. I mean, if he didn't find anything and it really is just america making an example of him, is it really worth his life?

Well I guess america thinks, yes it is.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

Decisions to be made within the hour

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Its not happening , Theresa May says NO

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Decision made .... not going anywhere

I hate the Tories with a passion but applaud them in this case

edit on 16-10-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

it looks like we grew some then thanks gortex

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
YES! Gary Stays in England! I honestly thought he would have been extradited. God some justice for once.
Hoorah.

Now, about those "non terrestrial officers".
edit on 16-10-2012 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Good, but this poor fella been through ten years of this #,

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
*does a happy dance*

Great news, I am genuinely very pleased for Gary.

*pokes tounge out at NASA*

CX

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Did i read that right? The government made a good decision for once instead of rolling over for others?

I need to lie down.

Can this be appealed though or is that the end of it as far as the US is concerned?

CX.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Excellent news for Gary and his family!

WAY TO GO Teresa May!!!
(I never thought I would type that!)

Our extradition treaty with the USA is very lopsided towards the US,and now the government will be looking at ways to create a fairer system according to the home sec.

And the MSM news should be held accountable for the barefaced lies they have been spouting saying that Gary's "hack"was the most serious in US history...what utter tommyrot that is.
We know full well there have been more damaging cyber attacks of late,and that there were/are many more serious cyber crimes against the US by people who are doing alot more nefarious activities than looking for UFO's.

It does beg the question though-did he find something,as he claimed,about UFO's/non terrestrial officers?
Is that why the US tried so hard to get him?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The ten year battle is finaly over.

I suppose they'll be working out what crimes he commited in the UK now if any.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well done Teresa May.

I threw up a little bit in my mouth typing those words.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JeZeus

Yes! Brilliant news! Really can't begin to imagine how relieved he must feel after ten years of hell!
I guess he'll be back online now then? I'm pretty sure he hasn't been on the internet since and imagine how much its changed in ten years!
Hopefully he'll be on ATS sometime soon

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Congratulations to Gary and his family

Justice done right for once. If not for the media this time I bet he'd be in an American jail years ago.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Excellent news for Gary and his family!

WAY TO GO Teresa May!!!
(I never thought I would type that!)

Our extradition treaty with the USA is very lopsided towards the US,and now the government will be looking at ways to create a fairer system according to the home sec.

And the MSM news should be held accountable for the barefaced lies they have been spouting saying that Gary's "hack"was the most serious in US history...what utter tommyrot that is.
We know full well there have been more damaging cyber attacks of late,and that there were/are many more serious cyber crimes against the US by people who are doing alot more nefarious activities than looking for UFO's.

It does beg the question though-did he find something,as he claimed,about UFO's/non terrestrial officers?
Is that why the US tried so hard to get him?

Of course, I'd love to say yes he did but I really can't decide. Thinking about it, if Gary was shipped off to the US then he'd have to stand in court, but then wouldn't the US be forced to confirm his claims?
Its easy enough saying the US wouldn't have made such a big deal if he didn't find anything, but then its an embaressment, I doubt they want every country in the world knowing that the pentagon and NASA both have default passwords.
Which makes me think, how is it that both NASA and the pentagon had the passwords as defaults?
Personally I believe he did find something, exactly what? Only he knows

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Wasnt it NASA that Gary got into , not the pentagon?

Well done Gary

edit on 16-10-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The news has been saying the pentagon, his wikipedia page says "97 US military and NASA computers"
How he caused $700,000 worth of Damage? He couldn't have, if he did then you'd think the US would have some decent evidence?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join