It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woo Hoo!! I just won $100 bucks off a $2 dollar scratcher!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
ATS, what is the most you have ever won on a scratcher ticket??

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

I won £40 one day, was a great day

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne

Congratulations on your windfall my friend.

My name is General Winston Nobango and i have recently been appointed to a position of Director of Redevelopment for the National Bank here in Nigeria. Due to a loophole, i would like your assistance in processing $37,000,000 through your bank account. If you will only supply your bank details, i will be able to reward you with a $10,000,000 payment for your assistance.

I await your kind response.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Hehe! I'll get right on that!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

£40 is nothing to shake a stick at! Good for you

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The most I've won is £150 on one of those late night quiz shows.... that take over tv stations after midnight, was about 6-7 years ago.

The question was films staring Nicolas Cage and I called up and answered "The Weather Man" as the "man" bit was already there.

We phoned about 20 times at a cost of £1 per call before getting through so was expensive but won £150 so was well worth it.

Was very late at night and was pretty drunk and have never even watched those things since.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Can i suggest to this person to go forth and multiply or will i banned from ATS for saying so? (Ps still waiting for my tin foil helmet!?)

Any Noob friendly people available out there who can help me to put my chosen image as a back ground image onto my profile would be appreciated. Thank you "Grin"

Freindliest or however you spell it... Namaste

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Congratulations on your windfall my friend.

My name is General Winston Nobango and i have recently been appointed to a position of Director of Redevelopment for the National Bank here in Nigeria. Due to a loophole, i would like your assistance in processing $37,000,000 through your bank account. If you will only supply your bank details, i will be able to reward you with a $10,000,000 payment for your assistance.

I await your kind response.

Brilliant, you made my day lol

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

I won $10,000 on a $2.00 scratch ticket. But, I've put ten times that back in to try and win more.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

WOW!! No way! Amazing! What was your reaction when you saw the $10,000 and how long did i take to sink in you won? Did you get a lump sum & how much after taxes? These scratchers I'm playing here are a new Monopoly game scratcher with a $20,000 dollar jackpot. They are really cool.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I remember - a couple years back - there was this "lottery" on eBay where you could scrape Santa Claus Nutbag

Even though that does sound wrong, I did win 50 Bucks !
edit on 16-10-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: Changed nutsack into nutbag

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

WOW!! No way! Amazing! What was your reaction when you saw the $10,000 and how long did i take to sink in you won? Did you get a lump sum & how much after taxes? These scratchers I'm playing here are a new Monopoly game scratcher with a $20,000 dollar jackpot. They are really cool.

The ticket showed five dollar signs, which is an automatic win, with $2,000 under each $. Of course my reaction was NO BLEEPING WAY! I didn't even have a job at the time, so it was really a good feeling. I don't know how much the taxes were because I gave it to my sister to cash in, so I split it with her. She owned a house and was able to write off the taxes on the ticket somehow.

This was about 15 years ago, so I'm not exaggerating when I say I've put ten times that amount back in to try to do it again. I have won $2,000 and a couple $1,000's. But, all in all I have to say that it's really not worth it. No matter how much you win (unless it's millions) you will always come out a loser in the long run.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I won't say how much I won, but everytime I won I had car problems or medical problems that sucked up any profit.

Gotta say I'm leary of scratch 'ems nowadays.

I still consider myself lucky though. Without those winnings, I would be in serious debt.
edit on 16-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I've heard that the lottery and scratch-offs were a tax on people who can't do math.

Congrats on your Tax Rebate, however.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Good for you

new topics

top topics

join