It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the strangest thing that has ever happend to you?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I had a salesman knock on my door one night asking if i'd like to buy a security system, he stayed for about a half hour talking about it anyway he came back late at night a few weeks later and when I opened the door I was in shock. His face had changed it was basically the same but more angular and his ears were very pointed. Believe it or not I don't care but this happened. I let him in the whole time wondering what was happening, he sat down at the table and I guess a voice in my head or a feeling was saying to me that it was imperative that I didn't let him know that I knew that the guy looked DANM ODD. So anyway I told him that I didnt want a security system and he went outside and no bull when i LOOKED OUTSIDE JUST AT THE EDGE OF WHERE THE OUTSIDE LIGHT REACHED THERE WAS A BLACK HUMANOID SHAPE WITH NO FEATURES STANDING THERE.

Incidently he told me that my neighbour was buying an alarm system from him but when I spoke to her she said that she had never met him.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky
I had a salesman knock on my door one night asking if i'd like to buy a security system, he stayed for about a half hour talking about it anyway he came back late at night a few weeks later and when I opened the door I was in shock. His face had changed it was basically the same but more angular and his ears were very pointed. Believe it or not I don't care but this happened. I let him in the whole time wondering what was happening, he sat down at the table and I guess a voice in my head or a feeling was saying to me that it was imperative that I didn't let him know that I knew that the guy looked DANM ODD. So anyway I told him that I didnt want a security system and he went outside and no bull when i LOOKED OUTSIDE JUST AT THE EDGE OF WHERE THE OUTSIDE LIGHT REACHED THERE WAS A BLACK HUMANOID SHAPE WITH NO FEATURES STANDING THERE.

Incidently he told me that my neighbour was buying an alarm system from him but when I spoke to her she said that she had never met him.

that is extremely suspicious.

What do you do for a living? There's a reason I'm asking.

Certain things can be presented to you for a reason. This sounds like a presentation. I do not know why or what but it does sound like a typical presentation.

The question is, are you getting the real picture because maybe you were supposed to see this.

That's why I ask... What do you do? Have you had any other experiences?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Originally posted by Bilky

that is extremely suspicious.

What do you do for a living? There's a reason I'm asking.

Certain things can be presented to you for a reason. This sounds like a presentation. I do not know why or what but it does sound like a typical presentation.

The question is, are you getting the real picture because maybe you were supposed to see this.

That's why I ask... What do you do? Have you had any other experiences?

Yes I didn't say anything because people would think it was too far out but I was being offered something. I won't go into what I was being offered but an intelligent or well read person could figure it out.
Any other experiences lol yeah a few

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Around mid October of 2011, sometime before dusk, I was watching a commercial airliner flying overhead, thinking "Man, with that contrail the length it is, it sure looks a lot like a comet. Too bad I don't have a camera on me (it was inside) or I could take a pic and mess with one of my friends." As soon as I finished the thought, the airliner, contrail included, vanished, all at once, as if someone "turned off the switch".

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
When i was 18 i had a random interview out of the blue , and started working for an international construction company named Laing O`rourke who are well know for very high quality construction and engineering . I was feeling good about the job since i`d had a bar-fitting apprenticeship cut short due to lack of funding , and my new job was "the bees knees".

www.laingorourke.com...

I was fresh off the estates with little knowladge in the construction industry but i was keen as mustard and got stuck in. After a while i gained the respect of the site foreman and the site manager , i became good friends with them and was took under thier wing so to speak.

I was taught how to read blueprints , programme and operate theodalites (which usually requires a spell at university) and i was put in charge of all concrete entering the site. Which doesnt sound too spectacular but i was slump testing the concrete on entry to decide wether or not I thought it was up to standard , then making test cubes which i sent off for advanced preassure tests to make sure - scientifically , that the concrete was 100% safe. In short , i was one of the most important parts of the squad.

So , things were looking up for me and the world seemed peachy for a while , i was an assistant civil engineer on £416 per week , which , at the age of 18 , was an AMAZING wage. After a few months i was tasked with shadowing a civil engineer instead of being passed around which gave me a better chance of taking in what i was being taught . I helped mark out the foundations , and generally guide the work force through the process of building huge structures from the ground up.

I`d been there a while and was picked up from time to time since i was getting the bus and your talking nearly an hour and a half travel to get to work , then do a 8 - 12 - sometimes 13 - 15 hour shift , then an hour and a half back.

I arranged a lift one day with my mate , Sam , so the next morning picked me up on "Duhram road" (the A690) in Sunderland and we set off towards duhram. As we pulled out from the bus stop where he`d picked me up i noticed he wasnt wearing a seat belt , which isnt too strange these days but before i could even ponder the thought i said "put ye seatbelt on mate , the weather`s a bit choppy "........ ten minutes later we hit a parked transit van at 90 mph , i sat in the passanger seat watching in a mixed feeling of terror and absolute shock as the rear of the transit van tore up the centre of the car bonnet and made contact with the frame work of the windshield ..... when i woke up, the car had rolled a fair distance and two men were trying to tear the doors off to get us out , i was covered in glass . When i looked over to my right hand side, Sam was slumped over the steerig wheel - at first i thought he was unconcious , he turned his head and the first words out of his mouth were ... "if i didnt pick you up this morning i`d have been ******* dead ..... you know that ? ".

We were dragged out of the car , and awaited paramedics at the side of the A690 , i smoked about 4 or 5 fags one after the other just staring at the front of this Nissan Micra , everything in the front of the micra had been squashed up against the framework but for some reason went no further.

The police and ambulance crews showed up and came straight to me , asking "are you the driver " ..... i didnt even speak , just shook my head , to which he replied "how the **** did you get out of THAT ? "

Ever since this crash my life has been like an endless comic book , full of crazy bull# on a dialy basis , and i often think that maybe i DID die that day , and everything after that has just been a dream , an " after life ".

edit on 25-10-2012 by JeZeus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Every couple of years something strange happens to me. The last incident happened August 2009 while I was sleeping. I woke from a dead sleep, strangely alert, and then bewildered as to why I was awake. I noted the time, three-thirty something, and I rolled on my stomach to get back to sleep.

A couple of minutes later a voice came from behind me. It was a desperate, breathy and harsh whisper: "Hey.......Hey......Heeeey" (male voice). I was terrified and decided to remain perfectly still and pretend to be asleep. Each time it said "Hey" I sensed it getting more angry and desperate, as if it knew I was awake but ignoring it. The feeling I got was strange: a feeling of hatred but also the feeling of a desperate plea.

Eventually, I drifted off to sleep and a couple of days later law enforcement was at my door concerning a family member. So, my only guess is that something tried to warn me and I often regret not responding to the voice...I was just too scared.
edit on 25-10-2012 by monkcaw because: spelling

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I was stuck in a elevator for 4 hours with a guy with a severe case of turrets syndrome. I know not too paranormal but the guy was freaking me out and acted like he was seeing things.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
An ufo sighting, like the way it moved was so weird. And it was actually pretty close. Then there was a flash and it disappeared.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
When i was about 30 years old i had a lump on my wrist. It did not hurt but over a few years it had gotten pretty big. Maybe 1/2 inch high above my skin. I had never had any kind of surgery and was afraid of it so i ignored it for years. Well i decided one day that i had better go see a doctor about it and have it cut out. I was carpooling with the manager of the company i worked for in Houston and decided that in the morning i would tell him i would likely need a few days off when i had surgery. When i went to bed that night i kept thinking about the lump on my wrist as i was nodding off. I just kept repeating to myself over and over in my head; Come on white corpuscles eat that lump up so i don't have to have surgery. Just over and over as i went to sleep. I got up the next morning and met the manager at our carpool spot. Got in his truck and held my arm up, pointed at the lump on my wrist to tell him i needed to get it cut out. It was gone. Completely gone. No trace whatsoever of it ever being there. It had grown for years. I believe Edgar Cayce was on to something. I think we can control the chemicals in our body and cure ourselves. I think it happens when our mind is between sleep and consciousness. I have no other explanation.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by monkcaw

Monkcaw, I don't think you should feel bad as I'm confident the voice could have made you listen if it was something you were supposed to do something about, I've had similar experience and know just how intense the message can be when you're trying to ignore something you're supposed to do! I would guess it was perhaps more of a notification to aid preparation for news you would soon receive, not that it was anything you needed to hear to change an event.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So on my 18th birthday me and some friends of mine were pretty bored, and we decided to check out an old urban legend and go do some ghost hunting. Needless to say, this legend didn't really pan out as we planned, but we did find a graveyard nearby and decided to check it out and take some pictures. Now, this was the middle of the night, but it was during the summer so it was pretty warm outside.

Three out of the four of us were wandering around, and I tried to call my friend over who had a camera to take a picture at this cool gravestone I found. Right then, before he turned around, an orb of light appeared right next to my body. It was about as big as a bowling ball and was there for several seconds. My other buddy without the camera saw this as well, and then we decided it was a good time to get out of there.

Years later, I was talking to my cousin on the way home from a concert, and I asked her what the scariest thing that ever happened to her was. She told me a story about how her friend's older sister took her to a graveyard when she was younger, and they saw an orb appear next to them. I asked her where it was, and it was the exact same graveyard where I had gone on my birthday.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I mentioned earlier an experience dealing with vanishing aircraft, and after some consideration, I had to mention this experience as well. It's on par, and I have a photo. Halloween, 2007 I think, 9pm-ish. Nice and cozy evening, clear and cool. Wanted a shot of my cheesy costume and got a little extra. Keep in mind that there was zero fog, and no fires burning nearby.

We tried debunking this by taking multiple shots afterwards (this was in the first pic taken) and couldn't reproduce whatever that was. Even took into consideration that it could have been caused by the temp change taking the cam outside (foggy lens) and still couldn't get it to show up. Whatever it is, I just hope it didn't try to eat my soul.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Just wanted to say great thread, and so many interesting experiences.
Myself I have had many "unique" experiences in my life. Will just give a few as examples. If anyone wants me to flesh them out a bit more just ask.

twice had falls that should have killed me, and I walked away from both unscathed. One was into an old pile of wood full of nails. The other was from a tree from quite a height.

Have seen a few things I could only call UFO's. Seen a few "ghosts", watched a friend of mine get thrown across a room when he provoked a Ouija board entity. to name just a few.

I consider myself quite lucky to have experienced these things, but now that I am older and wiser when they happen I just tend to shrug, accept them and move on.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousgal

You're absolutely right, I haven't thought about it in that way, thank you. I've always just thought I could've saved a family member from getting arrested if I would've acknowledged the voice...but you're right, if I was supposed to do something it probably would've been clear.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
OOO I love spooky stories! Although mine are pretty tame in comparison I'll tell them anyway.

Maybe not so paranormal, but a couple months ago I woke up to a nice case of sleep paralysis. All the classic symptoms I usually get when it happens to me, impending doom or some sense of urgency (usually it's someone at the door trying to get in) weight on the chest, yadda yadda...so I'm laying there, patiently waiting to get my body back when I feel what I can only be described as having your dog laying on your chest and having the tail wagging and hitting you between the knees. Now the chest thing I was doing fine with, I wasn't freaked out quite yet but then I felt the "tail" hitting me between the knees...
So now I'm dealing with this new feeling when of course something else out of the norm arises, a hand on my knee. Like a definite human like hand, the thumb on the inside of my knee and the rest of the fingers on the outside of my knee squeezing my knee cap as if to tickle me but started to actually hurt.
Now mind you, I get sleep paralysis at least once every couple of months, so I'm more than used to them...this one was definitely different, and it scared the crap out of me.

I was just getting home from my best friend's house one night and I pull up the drive way and it was pitch black, no outside lights at all, I couldn't see anything past my headlights. I had just stopped the car and was about to put it in park and was about to roll up the windows and shut off the engine when I hear "my name" in sort of an urgent whisper, So I stop and listened for sec not sure where it was coming from and I heard it again, this time more urgent and a little louder and I notice that it was in my own voice. WTF brain? So I immediately rolled my windows up and lock the doors and called my husband, who was inside the house and told him to turn the lights on. I was freaked out, I never saw anything but I heard a bunch of rustling in the small wooded area behind my garage.
To go with this I sometimes get the "HEY" that will just make me drop whatever I was holding at the time, it can be startling for sure. Either Hey or My name, should I go see a doctor?

Another time I was sitting in my aforementioned best friends basement and we were just shootin the poo when I just get mind blasted with Christmas trees, decorations, presents, food, kids opening presents everything Christmas my whole brain was screaming "CHRISTMAS!!!!111" It was April for cryin' in the mud. So I stop her and tell her "dude, I can't even concentrate on what you're saying I'm getting suffocated in Christmas." She just looks at me with her mouth all agape and hands me one of those big orange/yellow envelopes I saw her bring downstairs with us. She said, "I was just about to show you these" and I open it up and lo and behold? Christmas pictures she found taken when her kids were little, opening presents under the Christmas tree.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

The Probability of Guessing a single card from a 52 card deck is 1 in 52. Doing it the second time still is 1 in 52...doing it a third time still is 1 in 52.

It is like flipping a balanced coin and guessing as I will not get into Chaos Theory. The coin flip probability remains 1 in 2 even if you flipped it a Million Times!

Thus...his Probability of guessing one card always remains at 1 in 52 no matter how many times he has previously guessed right. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

Well here is one of mine.
I was meditating to learn my past lifes and got this.
I was in a cold dark room and had a feeling of total terror. I was beeing questioned by a religous man who was accusing me of witchcraft.
I was a undersized girl of about 15. I was quite thick and stupid, and had just repeated something I had heard from someone else.
It was decided to lash me for punishment. I had a really strange colour dress, it was a purply red colour.
There were monks in tan coloured robes with cowls there, who looked a bit uncomfortable when I got punished.
I didnt really understand what I was supposed to have done.
Anyway, to cut a long story short. I went to bed as usual, and when I woke up, I had long welts round my right armpit and back. About 8 of them.
I dismantled my bedding thinking there must be a needle or something in my bed. There wasnt.
These cuts were really sore, so I went to the doctors and explained I had just woke up with them.
The Dr said it was something called Koebner Phenomenon, and it usually happened in response to an injury nearby on the body.
I had no injury and he said he had never seen so many on one person before. I had cream and it took about a week to clear up.
As you can imagine, the next time I asked for a past life experience, I said, and make it a nice one!
I am a new member here, and am open to answering any questions, and hoping to gain new insights for myself.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I'll take it day at a time, day at a time.
Well when I was young I believe I was tele-transported (or carried by angels) to other parts of the world. I still remember it as clear as yesterday. And I know of details of cities that I've never been to physically. It's really uncanny and unexplainable. Possibly some kind of induced dreaming sequence...? This would line up with your theory; albeit my hybrid side remains dorment (I have no idea). I also have a strange ability to write in a language that has yet to be deciphered. I discovered this ability about 20 years ago. I'm being honest even though it sounds like a sci-fi novel of sorts. I can also play any musical instrument I pick up, and have a very deep knowledge of math, science, physics, art, psychology, and theoretical & quantum physics (naturally and some education). I don't know. Day at a time.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LILY9

I believe the universe is full of many untapped mysteries; of such a grand scale of proportions. Good luck in your search and pursuits. I think you will find what you seek and welcome to ATS. I am as well fairly new here, and don't spend alot of time here to help preserve my own sanity. lol

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urbanshadow
I've had a fair few weird experiences, mostly in the old house that I moved from 17 yrs ago, so this happened in '93.

Im used to not being believed on this one, I didnt tell anyone for yrs because I thought people would think I was nuts. I was laying on my bed, enjoying the peace and quiet while everyone was out, waiting for the water to get hot so I could have a shower. 4 people appeared in my room, they didnt come in the door, they were not there, then they were. They were all dressed in black and red, and about 7ft tall. 2 men and 2 women, all with dark hair.

I was so scared I couldnt move, I kept thinking, whats going on, I hadnt astral projected anywhere, was still in my room, and I could NOT move, not a centimetre. I couldnt speak either, or even blink my eyes. Then it was like everything went in slow motion, they had small things in their hands, a bit like the mobile smart phones we have today, and were talking and pressing buttons etc into them.

I only remember them saying, they were the 'Keepers of Time' and I wasnt meant to say anything. As soon as the internet came online years later, I spent MANY hours trying to find any other info on these people. I had marks on my arm afterwards for days, and its mostly a blank while they were there. It was also like no time had passed at all...

There was a post a few years ago about a guy and for women appeared in his room. They were witch like and dressed in 19th century like clothes. Maybe they're friends of your guests

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join